shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

damo

Rough_Rock
I plan to take her to this very special restaurant in an amazing trendy boutique hotel, the meal will be a surprise in itself and after that instead of going home we will "get lost in the hotel and wander off" into the hotel room i will have previously booked. The room will be littered with roses and have some music playing and i''ll do the business!
How that sounds?
Any ideas how to make the room more special?

coussen2

Rough_Rock
sounds good, I'm sure she'll end up crying (happy tears of course). make sure that the music you pick is special to you two, maybe a song you could dance to at the wedding, or one that you two just love, (just put it on repeat, or tape (or burn on a cd) it over and over again, that way you make sure it is playing when you walk in
2.gif

mini

Rough_Rock
Hi Damo,

Your plan sounds very lovely. A few candles would provide nice lighting and a pretty scent in the room. I think it would be a good idea if you packed a bag of things she might like to have to stay at the hotel (clothes, bathing suit, toiletries etc). Or buy some toiletries etc. that she uses to make sure she doesn't notice they are missing
1.gif
and you can surprise her! I think coussen2's music idea is very special too. I can't wait to hear about your exciting experience!

Sincerely,
Candace
www.abazias.com

damo

Rough_Rock
both great ideas thanks!
the trouble is the music - we dont really have a song! a lot of the music we listen to is rap and dance so not the most romantic!
have to have a think.

Gemsunique

Rough_Rock
you might consider Racmaninoff (sp?), which is also the theme music played thruout the "Somewhere in Time" movie. If you havent seen it, you might give it a go, its a very romantic/slightly fantasy movie about a love that transcend time. It stars Jane Seymore and Christopher Reeve

DP

Rough_Rock
I'd second the bit about Rachmaninov. I'm not usually one for old movies but saw Brief Encounter once on Christmas Eve. His Piano Concerto just blows you away in that one! If only the actors could have got ridof the plums in their throats I'm sure they would have been happier.....
nono.gif

StarfishNYC

Rough_Rock
lovely idea! like to jump on the music suggestion bandwagon -- Spinning World by Gunnar Madsen. all pieces are based on the waltz, but each is unique and absolutely beautiful. check out the fist track on Amazon, i guarantee you'll be hooked.

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
Starfish,

I just listened to the Spinning World clips on Amazon, and they are quite beautiful.....Let me just mention though that I'm a dance teacher and teach many wedding couples, and these waltzes are Viennese Waltz tempo....They're quite fast.....So if anyone has the idea of having one of these Waltzes as "your song" be aware that if you wish to dance to "your song" at your wedding, you're going to need many months of dance lessons! (Which could be good for me!
2.gif
)

A cd with slow waltzes and other beautiful music is the Secret Garden soundtrack, and its many sequels. (Also available on Amazon.)

-Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results