shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this stone....

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by Ceillie, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. Ceillie
    Rough_Rock

by Ceillie » Apr 3, 2002
    Ok. So I get to go touch this stone tonight..

.64 carat
    AGS 000

Depth 60.3%
    Table 56%
    Pav depth 43.1
    Pav Angle 41
    Crown angle 34.4
    culet - pointed

Sounds great - but the price is $3200. Is that more in keeping with a hearts and arrows diamond - or does the AGS 000 run into that kind of money too?

I like the jeweler a lot – and I think she has jumped through some hoops to get me a stone with an acceptable cut. I just want to make sure that I am not overpaying for what I am getting. I don’t mind paying a little more for the brick and mortar piece of mind (having a place to get the setting checked, and the relationship with a jeweler) I just want to make sure that this is in keeping with other stones of the same type.

Thanks!

2. lawmax
    Brilliant_Rock

by lawmax » Apr 3, 2002
    The cut looks nice. What is the color and clarity and does it come with an independent grading report from GIA or AGS?

3. Ceillie
    Rough_Rock

by Ceillie » Apr 3, 2002
    oops...And I read that post 3 times to make sure it was all there!

The Cert is from AGS. I requested an AGS cert because it was the only way I could be sure to get the Pav and crown numbers.

The stone is a VS2 and color is H.

Thanks!

4. lawmax
    Brilliant_Rock

by lawmax » Apr 3, 2002
    It would appear that you could get something similar for about $2000 online.

5. Garry H (Cut Nut)
    Super_Ideal_Rock
    Trade

by Garry H (Cut Nut) » Apr 3, 2002
    That is a fair price for a stone purchased from a full service retailer. The cut is within excellent grading on HCA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.