shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
its a steal if unheated....and even if heated, i''d buy it. you''re right: for the price not worth getting a cert. and i''d trust this vendor. either way its a win-win.

mz

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
PLEASE get it! I adore that sapphire, and I really wanted it to go to one of our PSers! It''s just gorgeous, and that glowing colour - YUM!!!!!!!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve admired that stone since it was first posted on his site. Hope you get it dreamer so we can see lots of photos.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it just me, or has there not been any new gems on his site recently? or have I missed something?

E B

Ideal_Rock
I *love* it, and I think it should be yours (if not mine
31.gif
). The center stone for your Hunter ring, perhaps?
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 7:19:26 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Is it just me, or has there not been any new gems on his site recently? or have I missed something?
I agree; it has been a while! Maybe he is busy with custom orders.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/5/2009 7:56:06 PM
Author: icekid
Date: 4/5/2009 7:19:26 PM

Author: MakingTheGrade

I agree; it has been a while! Maybe he is busy with custom orders.

I just got an email response from him, he''s currently on vacation :) He said that new stones will be up around end of April though!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 7:29:42 PM
Author: EBree
31.gif
9.gif
That''s what I am thinking! Blue for my little boy.

Buuttt I am still pondering. Gary said to take my time since he is on vacation. I have a budget that I can spend now on *something* to commemorate both Hunter''s birth AND getting my dream job, but I have a bunch of things I want to do and I just can''t choose!
emcry.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 9:28:14 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

31.gif
9.gif

Buuttt I am still pondering. Gary said to take my time since he is on vacation. I have a budget that I can spend now on *something* to commemorate both Hunter''s birth AND getting my dream job, but I have a bunch of things I want to do and I just can''t choose!
emcry.gif

Hey, if you don''t want it, I''ll take it and pop out a boy so I have reason to have it!

31.gif

I really like it DD. I''ve always loved NF''s sapphire and am drawn to those lighter colors as well. Plus ovals have a way of really leaning out those post preggo bloated fingers, hehehehe.

As for the cert - didn''t someone mention here once that AGL or some other lab has cheaper "ID cards" that can just check for heat treatment or not? I remember reading it was $25 or so. Maybe I''m on drugs.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 9:49:32 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 4/5/2009 9:28:14 PM

31.gif
9.gif

emcry.gif

Hey, if you don''t want it, I''ll take it and pop out a boy so I have reason to have it!

31.gif

I really like it DD. I''ve always loved NF''s sapphire and am drawn to those lighter colors as well. Plus ovals have a way of really leaning out those post preggo bloated fingers, hehehehe.

As for the cert - didn''t someone mention here once that AGL or some other lab has cheaper ''ID cards'' that can just check for heat treatment or not? I remember reading it was $25 or so. Maybe I''m on drugs.

hahaa... imagine if a 1ct sapphire was all it took to motivate you to go through ALL THE WORK of making a human... hilarious!
41.gif

I''m not concerned about the heating issue. I didn''t choose it because it was unheated, and since mz and others have commented that the price would be good even if it were heated, then I am a-okay. Heck, the price is probably good even if it were synthetic! LOL! DH originally got my a sapphire for an e-ring, and it cost about the same as this stone, and this stone is at least one billion times more beautiful! Anyhoo, all of that is to say that I am probably not going to cert it!

If I get it... we have the $$ but there are more sensible things is *could* be spent on KWIM?? But isn''t that always the case? DH thinks I should get it, he says I deserve it after getting a tenure-track job and having a baby all in the same week
23.gif

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Please take it, so I won''t be tempted any more...

9.gif
14.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take it you are still undecided on the sapphire?

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
I think you should get it! Even though I just bought a sapphire, I keep looking at that one...it''s a beauty of a stone, unheated, beautifully cut and a color changer!!!??? I can''t believe it''s still on the market...buy it....quick!
36.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think it is absolutely gorgeous! I love the color and the cut. I wouldn''t hesitate to snatch it up!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 10:58:46 PM
Author: Chrono
I take it you are still undecided on the sapphire?
Nope... I am going to get it!
36.gif

Now I need help figuring out how to set it
33.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 1:22:55 PM

Nope... I am going to get it!
36.gif

Now I need help figuring out how to set it
33.gif

Yay!

Half moon diamond sides, claw prongs?
30.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 1:27:12 PM
Half moon diamond sides, claw prongs?
30.gif
I was thinking about that, but would it look good with a stone this size? The half moons would be very small...

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, can''t wait to see what it ends up being set in :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOHOO! Congrats on a lovely stone.
30.gif

I like half moons with ovals but they might end up too small. Well, the setting also depends on the budget. How healthy is it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results