shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this ring from GOG?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bigtex

Rough_Rock
I have $6500 to spend, trying to get the biggest bang for my buck. What do you think of this stone? Should I try to get a bigger stone, not H and A with better clarity or color and just stay ideal. I want to get a ring that WOW''s within my budget. Thank you in advance.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_310ct_g_si2_h%26a.htm

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Here the stone's link for convenience:

1.31 G SI2 from Good Old Gold

Obviously it performs very well --
high, very high, high on the BrillianceScope
1.3 ex, ex, ex, vg on the HCA

My only question would be: are the inclusions visible to the naked eye? If the answer is no (or at least, not as long as you don't stare intently at it from a few inches away), then I would say go for it!

I tried to find comparable stones for you to give you an idea of what is out there, but I had a really hard time finding anything in this size, color and price range . . . that tells me that this diamond is a great find!

Also, the color is great (many people drop several shades lower than "G" and still have white looking stones). If the clarity does not detract from the stone's beauty (and I would bet there's a better chance that it doesn't than that it does), then this is a great way to get great color, a great cut, and a great size for the fewest $$$s possible. I would not increase clarity unless you can't find an SI2 that's reasonably eye-clean. I would certainly not abandon your cut criterion for the sake of color or clarity. A D IF stone can look as dull as glass if it's not cut properly, and most people would be hard pressed to tell a G from a D when in a ring on your hand.

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Looks nice to me! My only concern are the inclusions - are they visible without use of a loupe? It looks like there may have been spots right in the center of the diamond (I could be totally wrong!) but I'm not sure if this pic was taken through a loupe or not. But if it isn't through a loupe and those are inclusions, I might be just a little worried having them be smack in the center of the diamond. Of course if you can only see them when your eye is right next to it than I would say it was no big deal. So all in all I would ask where the inclusions were and what not. Otherwise, it's a beaut!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey BigTex,

I would consult Jonathan directly...

The stone looks excellent though. There are some scattered inclusions throughout the center of the table and the major one in the 4 o'clock postion closest to the center. The inclusion is white and will probably not be too noticable at normal staring distance.

I think the stone is an excellent combination of color and with the si-2 you are able to go bigger...

Talk with Jonathan and let us know what you ultimately decide to do..
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results