shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this OEC?

alltheflorals

Rough_Rock
For anyone who likes specs, finally sent this in to the jeweler's for GIA certification and pendant reset! Only took a year!

Shape/cutting style: Old European Brilliant

1.24 ct (6.65 x 7.07 x 4.08 ), M, VS2
Good polish, poor symmetry, no fluorescence

A little surprised (but also not too much) at the M color. Just relieved to have had it checked after a year of wondering!

Screenshot_20210401-113529.png

Last edited:
For anyone who likes specs, finally sent this in to the jeweler's for GIA certification and pendant reset! Only took a year!

A little surprised (but also not too much) at the M color. Just relieved to have had it checked after a year of wondering!

Thank you for coming back and posting an update with its GIA specs. Seriously, what an amazing find especially for your first buy!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a pretty stone and you really did find a bargain. Congratulations.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I love the pattern and wow what great clarity!! Do you mind sharing who the eBay seller was? Always looking for reliable ones :)

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
Hi! Hoping someone out there can help ease some anxiety...it's the largest "risk" I've taken for something sight unseen on ebay, but the risk was abetted by the allowance of a 14-day return window. Going to a jeweler or appraiser is not possible at the moment... Wondering if I can get some input from those more familiar with old cuts and diamonds in general well before the return period is up.

Here goes...14k 1930s ring with OEC sold as 1.23ct K VS, uncerted. My plan would be to make a new diamond pendant if I were to keep it. I scoured every possible OEC thread for general background on buying OECs, I looked up as many comps as I could, and the price made it seem like a good deal from pure specs alone. Though I gathered it would eventually just come down to the eye of the beholder! I asked for straight on pictures, a video, and the seller was well-rated...it seemed like a wild idea, but I put in an offer, and it was accepted. I enjoy the thrill of a good deal, and it's probably a comparable priority to the gem qualities themselves as well (which I only learned about after time on PS..). However I justify to myself that it gives me more flexibility to really customize into something I will treasure forever.

I admit I've never seen an OEC like this in real life so I have few/no reference points, but I think possibly now understand what everyone means by fire! As soon as I opened the box, I was hit by those broad facets and I was a little giddy! I immediately louped and I was so pleased at how clear it was! Too clear??? I'm nervous...so back to pragmatics...Please tell me what you think honestly! If you have any more photo ideas, please let me know. I couldn't do much until after dark so I will try to get some natural daylight pictures tomorrow.

Measurements from calipers: 7.04 mm x 6.72 mm x 4-4.5mm deep

View from 10x loupe:

IMG_20200323_202350.jpg

IMG_20200323_202421.jpg

Straight on shot

IMG_20200323_202050.jpg

Side:
DSC_2179.jpg
DSC_2191.jpg

Video

I don't know why the video is so blurry in the beginning so here's the direct link.

Which vendor is this from? Is there an IG link? So I have more ❤️ To follow

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay! Beautiful. M for magnificent OEC. Wear in good health and blingy joy. ❤️

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I missed this the first time around, but what a beauty! Glad you snagged this gorgeous OEC!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results