shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this OEC?

stevielaine

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,
I am fairly new around here and have been looking for a OEC diamond for my engagement ring. I have been in contact with Erica from JBEG and she is wonderful and so helpful! I told her our price range and a few things I was looking for and she came back with several diamonds for me to compare. Of the six or seven she showed me, I asked her to tell me which ones she liked the best. The two she came back with were a 1.66 ct VS1 M, and a 1.2 ct SI1 J. The 1.66 is GIA cert and the 1.2 is EGL but I haven't seen the actual certificate yet. The 1.2 is currently in a setting and the 1.66 is loose. I kind of like the 1.2 just based on the pictures she sent me, but wanted some opinions from those who actually know more about this than I do. Should I be concerned about the SI1? I will include a couple photos she sent me, and maybe you guys can tell me if there's something to be concerned about? Thanks in advance! :twirl:
I will prob be putting it in a bezel setting if that makes any difference! Cheers!

_284.png

_285.png

_286.png

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Can you get some more pictures of it in other lighting conditions? The faceting itself is gorgeous but I'm a little concerned about possible leakage on the outer edges of the diamond. Maybe this is a consequence of the lighting but more pics and maybe even a video would help in its evaluation.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where's the other one?

This one is gorgeous.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
They're both pretty! The 1.6 is a little out of round but otherwise looks like a nice bright diamond. The leakage I saw earlier in the 1.2 looks more like the lighting conditions, it should be fine. You need a lot of pics to evaluate these things.

Can you look at both and then decide which one you prefer?
If not, I would ask for JBEG's feedback.

stevielaine

Rough_Rock
I would love to compare them in person, but she is in Seattle, and I am in Northern California. She did send me some side by side pictures though. Her favorite is the 1.66.

If there was some leakage at the edge of the diamond, would being in a bezel setting help with that? I'm sorry if I sound ignorant! :-o

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
M is too tinted for me sometimes. But an EGL J could be... anything. Did she say what the GIA color might be for the 1.2?

I like the 1.2 from the pictures. But she's seen them in person and she likes the 1.6. That means a lot.

Hmm.

stevielaine

Rough_Rock
I will ask her tomorrow about the GIA, she initially told me the 1.66 was her fave, but said she also really likes the 1.2. I am a little worried about the M being too tinted as well. Plus, I feel stupid saying it, but I feel like the 1.2 is a better size for me, and the price is much less so I could spend more on the setting! :tongue: I was just worried about the EGL certificate and the SI1. Here's the two side by side

Gotta get some sleep now! Thanks so much for the help!

_174.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the price is much less. Then go for that one.

I thought they were equal in price.

You need a nice setting for that beauty.

Just ask her what the estimated GIA grade for the color is.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I have a preference for the 1.6, it looks like a very bright stone. There does to appear to be a little difference of brightness in the comparison pic of the two. IMO it's brighter overall than the 1.2. But if the price is right and it feels more right for you then then I understand that too. They're both pretty.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Go for the 1.2ct. You'll unmount the stone, may as well send it to GIA for peace of mind (and for insurance) while it's loose.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Davi|1392974040|3620006 said:
Go for the 1.2ct. You'll unmount the stone, may as well send it to GIA for peace of mind (and for insurance) while it's loose.

That's a good idea. JBEG can send it to GIA for you. Will only cost maybe 300 or so.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard to tell from only one side by side photo, but the 1.2 looks like a prettier stone.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the facet pattern better on the smaller stone but when you see the slight yellow tint in has the sunlight in the video there is no way that it will come back a GIA J, it will be closer to a L/M maybe a low K if you are really lucky. I agree the larger stone appears to be the brighter of the two in the photos and is not going to face up that much different in colour if at all than the higher coloured one.... Erica also has great eyes for picking stones, but it is personal preference you need to choose the one that you like the best, and the one that will best suit your lifestyle.

stevielaine

Rough_Rock
I spoke with Erica today about the color, she said it is probably closer to a K/L using GIA standards

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results