shape
carat
color
clarity

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS OEC?? HELP???

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi:

I am completely inspired by all of you PS members! So much so, that now I cannot get over how beautiful the old cut diamonds are!! I am seriously thinking of trading in my ring for an OEC. I saw this one and was told it was fiery and faces up white? I have no clue what to look for. I asked if they have an ASET and am waiting for a reply. I would be most grateful for any/all opinions and suggestions on what to look for. Also, do you think OEC diamonds show yellow with a J? Or can they face up white? I have seen many of yours here and they look very white to me!

Specs:

J color

2.66 OEC

Table: 47

Depth: 60.1

9.1 x 8.83 x 5.39

I hope this attachment works.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

A30050.JPG

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's a great example of an OEC! Have you seen it in person? It might be worth having it sent to you so that you can see it if you haven't already.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's a beautiful faceting pattern. I recently saw some OEC's that were approximately M in color and let me tell you - that little bit of color made those stones so amazing I couldn't even imagine having a super white OEC. I think J would be a perfect middle ground for the color sensitive.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has a lovely facet pattern! :love:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is a beautiful OEC! :love:

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Oh YAH!!!! I'm sooo nervous. I currently have an F color but it's an EC and I kept hearing that I had to go up b/c it shows the color more.. but I wasn't sure about the OEC. Do OEC's show more color than a RB? I have a ring with RB's and I think they are I color and they look sooo white!!! Is there a difference between the light showing?

Do you think I need to have an ASET? Also, this happens to be a GIA diamond (but I was looking at all EGL) - do you think it matters? They said that it really does face up white.... although I agree that I do think older stones look beautiful with warmth. I'm just sooo new looking at these. I think I also read that most old diamonds are EGL b/c they can get them back faster (as to not lose too much time of a possible sale). I am nervous b/c this will be the first one I am going to look at... Could I possibly be this lucky to maybe have found one? Also, do you think mid 20's is a good price?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks like a beautiful diamond!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it's a GIA graded J then it will definitely appear whiter than an EGL graded J or another lab. GIA is more strict typically.

I have a 1.5c J OEC and a 3.33 K OEC but the K is graded by EGL and I am pretty sure the J would be called a GIA J and the color difference to me is visible. So with a GIA graded J I think you'd be ok on it facing up pretty white. Though as others said, sometimes a little warmth works well for the charm of the OEC's.

Agree that faceting pattern looks really lovely. The depth is just a little shallower but not too shallow at all, and will give you a tiny bit more spread at 9mm average than a deeper 2.6c. It looks like a really promising stone! Can you see it in person?

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Thank you Mara for your comparison info. I can have it shipped to me for a 10 day inspection/review. I also saw this one and it is a "K" SI1 but with a EGL. What do you think of this one? The specs are as follows:

K
SI1
Ideal Symm
8.40 width
8.49 length
42.30 table
70.44 depth
AGS

Does one style show more color than another? For example: Would a AVC show more warmth than an OEC one? I know that they say that EC do.

Thank you all for your help.

pic1.jpg

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
PS: Yennfire: Not yet but they can ship it to me for a review (10 days)
Athenaworth: Thank you for the information!
Laila619: Thank you!
Armywife13: Thank you!
Stargurl: Thank you!

:wavey:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
An AVC will most likely look pretty different than an OEC, so it may be hard to 'compare' the two sight unseen. It's like they are both fruit but one's an apple and one's an orange.

A K EGL IMO will most likely be a tad bit warmer than a true (GIA) K... so I'd assume L/M depending on how strict that grade was that day... but you may want to see them both side by side to compare if you are able to.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the OEC you have with the GIA J is going to be a killer stone. I also think it is likely to face up really well. I would get the puppy in person and view it.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should call it in for veiwing, I bet it won't go back :naughty:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a GIA F cushion and a OEC that a strict GIA appraiser graded a J (he said I/J but went with the J in the end). It also appears to be a GIA J to my untrained eye compared to my AGS J WF ACA's.

Face up, I can't tell much difference between my F and J at all. J is obviously slightly warmer, but it faces of very white. I actually LOVE the color of it and wouldn't want to go much higher up in the range for a OEC. The H-J range is probably where I love my OECs.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emeraldcutlover|1339709219|3216378 said:
Hi! Thank you Mara for your comparison info. I can have it shipped to me for a 10 day inspection/review. I also saw this one and it is a "K" SI1 but with a EGL. What do you think of this one? The specs are as follows:

K
SI1
Ideal Symm
8.40 width
8.49 length
42.30 table
70.44 depth
AGS

Does one style show more color than another? For example: Would a AVC show more warmth than an OEC one? I know that they say that EC do.

Thank you all for your help.

This is not an EGL stone. See my post below this one.

I love the J OEC, though! What is the clarity grade? That will definitely affect the price.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, the picture you posted above as a K SI1 is an August Vintage Cushion and it is graded by AGS and not EGL. So the comments about EGL are not going to pertain to that diamond.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9023/

GIA and AGS are considered the reliable/accurate grading labs.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes - I'm brain dead! You are right! Thank you so much for pointing that out and that is the stone!!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
PS Diamondseeker 2006 - it is a VS2

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I apologize - I did put two diff things in my post - Thank you for clarifying.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Emeraldcutlover|1339722105|3216532 said:
PS Diamondseeker 2006 - it is a VS2
I hope you don't take this the wrong way-but if you don't get that OEC I will come find you and smack you!

Just kidding! :lol:

But really, that OEC looks stunning. I definitely think you should have it sent to you so you can play around with it in different lightings and make sure you like it. I am 99% sure if you have it sent to you, it won't be going back!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Okay - Armywife - I can tell we are already good friends - and you know me all too well! I already told my husband that I had it sent to me... (lol - I didn't YET)....

yikes - I do love it! :lol:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Haha! How did he take it? Might as well go through with it now since the damage has been done. ;))

I can't wait to hear how you like it in-person....correction-how you much you LOVE IT in-person!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I didn't even see the AGS note, just the note on it being a K EGL. Totally missed that an AVC would prob have an AGS or GIA cert!

I hope you get the OEC sent over, it looks luscious. :love:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
That OEC looks amazing and a GIA J will face up very white...killer stone...go for it!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I THINK IT LOOKS AMAZING! OH SORRY I AM YELLING :bigsmile:

OWD has improved their photography on some recent additions, I think they are changing their business model a little. So don't get all lovey for it based on comparing it to others on their site, its not a fair comparison! But it does look really promising.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I am loving the OEC for sure!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again for all your wonderful thoughts/comments! Okay - so would you ladies keep an F EC (around same size) or trade for a J OEC?
Should I try to sell mine on my own or go back to Perry??? I think it's too soon - My husband just got it in Nov. :o

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
PS Armywife: To answer your question, I broke it to him last night and I have to say he didn't flinch... but I never do extravagant things and certainly NOT without asking! However, I would need to sell my EC (it's in a LM 5 stone setting). I could just sell the main stone or the whole thing. I'm not sure if I'll get what he paid for it or b/c it's not new, you take a hit!

Gypsy: Thanks so much. I know you love Assher/EC's also... this whole thing came about b/c I was going to re-set my EC in a halo like we discussed. Then I saw this and it got me thinking!!! Do you have any opinion on how to sell or should I contact Perry? Also, what do you think this stone should be priced at: GIA/2.66/J/VS2/Good po/Good sym/ - someone mentioned it seemed a little shallow? I def have no clue with OEC's!!!! :shock:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow...it's a beauty! Can't wait to see your pictures when you buy it! You are buying it right? :Up_to_something:

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sooo nervous! I just called to see how it exactly works for me to get it to see for myself if it's "the one"... Should I try to find an H or I SI1???? or will it be a lot more that 25?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results