Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this emerald cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jblum

Rough_Rock
Here's the stone I have on order. I just got the sarin and actual GIA on it. They appear to differ a fair amount! Is this normal?My two real concerns are the crown angle and the fact that while it is a VS2, there appear to be a number of feather flaws on the UNDERSIDE of the diamond. The numbers appear to match up with AGA 2B classification, except for the crown angle which they claim is not a major factor. Am I nuts to worry about this? What do you think?GIA Spec:
1.18 carat
VS2
G
8.17 X 5.23 X 3.09
Depth 59.1% Table 69%
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Polish: Good
Symmetry: GoodSARIN
1.172 Carat
8.13X5.20X3.07
Crown: 27.5
Pavil: 50.9
Table: 3.88 (74.6)
Culet: 0.0
Girdle: 1.4% (1.3-1.5%)Also, can anyone recommend a good place for an appraisal in Baltimore, MD?Thanks for your comments and advice.-Jim

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi JBlum,GIA measurement usually rounded and Sarin measurements have certain accuracy so a little difference should be ok. Although I'm not sure about table - how it was measured.Grade normally is taken by the worst measurement so formally speaking the diamond is 4B AGA class. Some experts recommend crown height not less than 10%. You might want to check it out. However the diamond can still be quite nice.Have you seen the stone and compared it with others?As for appraisers, I only found Davia Kramer, CG, AGS, NAJA, GG, Rockville, Md 20847 (301) 770-4367. E-Mail: [email protected] hope Oldminer will stop by and give his expert advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.