shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this emerald cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jblum

Rough_Rock
Here's the stone I have on order. I just got the sarin and actual GIA on it. They appear to differ a fair amount! Is this normal?My two real concerns are the crown angle and the fact that while it is a VS2, there appear to be a number of feather flaws on the UNDERSIDE of the diamond. The numbers appear to match up with AGA 2B classification, except for the crown angle which they claim is not a major factor. Am I nuts to worry about this? What do you think?GIA Spec:
1.18 carat
VS2
G
8.17 X 5.23 X 3.09
Depth 59.1% Table 69%
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Polish: Good
Symmetry: GoodSARIN
1.172 Carat
8.13X5.20X3.07
Crown: 27.5
Pavil: 50.9
Table: 3.88 (74.6)
Culet: 0.0
Girdle: 1.4% (1.3-1.5%)Also, can anyone recommend a good place for an appraisal in Baltimore, MD?Thanks for your comments and advice.-Jim

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi JBlum,GIA measurement usually rounded and Sarin measurements have certain accuracy so a little difference should be ok. Although I'm not sure about table - how it was measured.Grade normally is taken by the worst measurement so formally speaking the diamond is 4B AGA class. Some experts recommend crown height not less than 10%. You might want to check it out. However the diamond can still be quite nice.Have you seen the stone and compared it with others?As for appraisers, I only found Davia Kramer, CG, AGS, NAJA, GG, Rockville, Md 20847 (301) 770-4367. E-Mail: [email protected] hope Oldminer will stop by and give his expert advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results