shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bimbi

Rough_Rock
Hi,

My contact at James Allen thinks I would absolutely love this diamond. It seems a little expensive to me considering it''s an I color and SI2. What do you think.

Item Number:1203435
Shape:Round
Lab:GIA
Pic:razz:hoto
Carat weight:1.00
Cut:Ideal
Color:I
Clarity:SI2
Depth:61.4
Table:55
Polish:Excellent
Symmetry:Excellent
Girdle:Medium, faceted
Culet:None
Fluorescence:None
Measurements:6.41*6.46*3.95
Price:$3,880 (PS Price = $3,650)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks promising so far and the price seems fair to me. Do you have the crown and pavillion angles? It''s hard to see much about the cut without these. Also, did you call JA to look over the stone to see if it is eye clean?

Bimbi

Rough_Rock
Attached is the GIA report information. Please let me know what you think. Is an I color going to look yellow. I thought I should not be loking at anything more than an H color. The setting I have chosen is an elevated halo setting so the diamond will definitely be visible from the sides.

Also, what about a hearts and arrows diamond. Are these that much better than a RB.

Thanks so much.

BimbiOption1.JPG

SYC

Shiny_Rock
Looks like all those proportions work very well together. Great HCA results -- 0.8, right in the middle of GIA/AGS ideal.

In a very well cut diamond, you shouldn''t see much of a difference between H and I. But you should check with JA re whether it''s eye clean and also you can ask about the color.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like a winner to me going by the numbers. Have you seen an H that is ideal cut? The ones I have seen, I don't see the warmth. I am color sensitive too. I'd also double check how eye clean it is. Good luck

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 7:16:36 PM
Author: Bimbi
Attached is the GIA report information. Please let me know what you think. Is an I color going to look yellow. I thought I should not be loking at anything more than an H color. The setting I have chosen is an elevated halo setting so the diamond will definitely be visible from the sides.

Also, what about a hearts and arrows diamond. Are these that much better than a RB.

Thanks so much.
It looks good. H&A aren''t necessarily better, the overall proportions are what drive the light return to produce the beauty and performance, so ideally you want a h&a which has its cut precision proven by hearts and arrows images, and the quality of the light return also proven by ASET images, or Idealscope can be useful too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results