shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this 2.57?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Heiny10

Rough_Rock

Lesley @ Whiteflash just sent me this stone. What do you think of this stone? It''s a round 2.57!

Item Code: AGS-5515601
Price: $30,254.00
Report: AGS
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 2.570
Color: F
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 61.8
Table: 54
Crown Angle: 35
Crown %: 15.9
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Pavilion %: 43.3
Girdle: Thin-Medium Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 8.81-8.85X5.45

Heiny10

Rough_Rock
Can anyone give me their opinion on this stone... Does anyone have a Heart and Arrow diamond from Whiteflash? Is it better than other IDEAL diamonds?

Pete

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I have an A Cut Above (H&A) diamond from Whiteflash, so sure, I''ll jump in.

The specs on the diamond above look beautiful. I choose my ACA stone because 1) they had what I was looking for at the time I was looking and 2) because their branded diamonds gave me an assurance of the tight quality I was looking for. That''s not to say that other diamonds don''t offer the same tight quality...they do.

Going with an ACA stone just made it easier for me to identify a stone quickly that fit the quality parameters I was looking for. It''s like someone buying a Volvo for the assurance of safety quality. Other cars *may* be as well-built, but if safety is your thing, sometimes it''s easier to just stick with a Volvo.

As to whether or not it''s "better" than other ideals, that''s really a personal thing. Some people don''t care as much about H&A designation, but for those who do, Whiteflash''s standards for H&A are among the strictest around.

Some folks feel that the extra care and attention given to cut a stone to such exacting criteria translates into a better cut stone, and that''s why they choose H&A. It''s really up to you to determine how important those features are to you.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
What do I think? I think it looks like it will be AMAZING! Do you have it in hand? How is it? Several people here have ACAs and they are always outstanding. Do you have a picture you can post?

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
Here is the link to my 2.02 F Si2 ACA
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-cant-wait-to-see-my-new-aca-2-02-f-si2.20581/

I just want you to know I''ve been looking at that 2.57 as a possible upgrade
2.gif
...not kidding about looking at that beautiful diamond, am kidding that I can upgrade!

If you want other people to look, you''ll need to post the link, since that diamond is not on WF''s website right now (probably on hold for you
1.gif
)

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Did they send you an ideal scope image? Can you post it?

I can say that I have a ACA H&A diamond (two - actually) from them that are amazing. If you do a seach on whiteflash I think you will find a lot of happy WF diamond owners.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Pete,

There aren''t a lot of good stones to chose from in the size range you are looking at. It looks like it could be very very nice. The only thing I would be concerned about is if the SI1 is eyeclean. Diamonds this large can show the inclusions more for a given grade.

Have you asked Brian and Lesley for their opinion of the stone? I''ve read other people''s reviews of them and I think they would find you another one if you''re not totally happy with this one.

Then again, what''s not to like about a 2.5+ carat ACA?

Heiny10

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I have the ideal scope image... Do you all notice the area in the upper left side. Please let me know of your thoughts.

Pete

Idealscope 2.57.jpg

Heiny10

Rough_Rock
Hi all --

Here''s the AGS Cert -- Let me know what you think. Now my only problem is who''s going to set the diamond in the setting I found from a local jeweler? Will the local guy still do it even though I purchased the diamond online?

Let me know your thoughts,

Pete

2.57 Carat Diamond.gif

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there,

yes, your local jeweler should be able to set your stone no problem. Ours did. We bought out stone on-line (Good old Gold)

As far as the inclusions shown on your diamond in the idealscope - remember that is a HUGE representation of the stone. You should of course, see for yourself and ask whiteflash to look at it. But that being said, I have an SI2 stone. I really wasn''t looking for that grade -but it is completely eye clean. If you check out my hearts and arrows pics on the SMTR thread... I was appauled! lol! My ring was hairy! but honestly is is really really clean when you look at it.

These pics are meant to help you look and evaluate the diamond. It''s not what it''s going to look like on your hand.

That being said - I really like your stone specs. the smaller table too (I have that) mine sparkes like crazy.

One GOOD thing about inclusions. You can always tell it''s yours. (i.e. when we gave it to the jewler to set -one quick look with the loop and I knew it''s mine!)

Heiny10

Rough_Rock
Thanks Laney!

I was just talking to my local jeweler and he was saying that with a 2.57 or 2.60 carat diamond that I want a 58 to 60% table. He said that way the diamond would sparkle much, much more... What do you all think?

Pete

laney

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if I have the credentials to comment here - but I am sure someone will chime in. Isn''t there some info on a 60% table and the fisheye effect here on PS. Check the knowelege area. I don''t have a stone that large but I did get some nice comments from my jeweler who set the stone who commented on my ''smaller'' table and the sparkle.

Did you get pics yet from whiteflash?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I was just talking to my local jeweler and he was saying that with a 2.57 or 2.60 carat diamond that I want a 58 to 60% table. He said that way the diamond would sparkle much, much more... What do you all think?
While a 58 to 60% table on a 2.5 carat can look gorgeous, the 54% table along with the 35/40.9 crown/pavilion angle combination will produce more "fire" (colored light return) and just as much "brilliance" (white light return).

This is confirmed by the exceptional Idealscope image posted.

Looks like a spectacular stone.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
This stone looks almost like a twin to mine except for the smaller table, and I love it. Mine is not an ACA, but it is 2.52, 57% table, 35/40.8 crown.pavilion angles. I''ve had it for almost 2 years now, and I still am constantly playing with the fire and admiring the sparkles. The idealscope looks great. Just ask what kind of inclusions are and "how" eye clean it is, since that depends on eyesight, and if you are looking from top down or the sides also. I think you''ll love the F color in this size.

Heiny10

Rough_Rock
Richard,

Will the diamond look it''s weight w/ these measurements? I want it to look 2.5 carats -- you know? Let me know your thoughts.

Pete

Heiny10

Rough_Rock
what about the imperfections in the AGS Cert? All the inclusions -- will they show up w/ hearts and arrows cut? My GF can see these things -- you know? I joke and call her Diamond eyes... especially since we started looking for diamonds. She''s a pro when it comes to spotting inclusions.

Let me know -- I know it''s tough to say without seeing the diamond, but maybe some of you purchased diamonds with inclusions. Do you see them?

Pete

Heiny10

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have a diamond calculator that they can plug my diamond spec''s into?

Thanks,

Pete

P.S. How does one know what % their cutlet is... mine says pointed, but not sure how I can plug that into the CUT ADVISOR?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Hi Pete,

In case Richard isn''t around, the chart cflutist posted in the FAQ about standard measurements shows a 2.5ct RB diameter to be 8.8mm. It looks as if yours is pretty much spot on, so should look it''s size just fine.

I don''t have inclusion eagle eyes, so can''t tell you about that. Hopefuly someone will pipe up about that and the diamond calc model.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 4.10 SI2 from Whiteflash. I was concerned about visible inclusions but Brian spoke to me at length about the stone. I told him I would pay more if necessary to get an eye clean stone. He assured me that there were no visible inclusions. I had it sent to an appraiser and he assured me that he too could see no visible inclusions.

I have had the ring for several months. I can easily find the inclusions with a 10 power loupe but, even though I now know exactly where the inclusions are, I cannot find them from any angle without the loupe. Have you spoken with Brian about the inclusions? The stone sounds great and I may be wrong but I was under the impression that a stone with a table on the small side will show more sparkle.

My experience with Whiteflash was very favorable and I am sure Brian will tell you whether you can see the inclusions. I know you have been looking for some time and I hope you found the perfect stone. Best of luck.

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/16/2004 8:18:28 PM
Author: Heiny10
what about the imperfections in the AGS Cert? All the inclusions -- will they show up w/ hearts and arrows cut? My GF can see these things -- you know? I joke and call her Diamond eyes... especially since we started looking for diamonds. She''s a pro when it comes to spotting inclusions.

Let me know -- I know it''s tough to say without seeing the diamond, but maybe some of you purchased diamonds with inclusions. Do you see them?

Pete

Pete,

I have an ACA 2.0 ct Si2 and I have eagle eyes. Now that I know where the inclusion is, yes I can see it IN JUST THE RIGHT LIGHTING (ie sunlight mostly). But I am the ONLY one who can. Noone else I have shown it to can spot the inclusion with their naked eye even when I try & try to point it out (I think they all think I''m nuts).

The people at Whiteflash assured me my stone was "eye-clean" (and they are right). But for my own piece of mind, I had it sent to an appraiser first, so I could see for myself. If you are not sure you "trust their eyes," it would be SOOOO worth it to send it to your local appraiser and go for a look. I am 99.9999% sure you will (1) not be able to see the inclusion (it''s a cloud, right?), and (2) be blown away by how beautiful it is. If you''re spending $30k+ on a stone, what''s a couple of hundred $$ for piece of mind? (For me, it was $70 WF shipping, $15 viewing fee at appraiser, and $50 to send it back - $135 in total)

An aside, there really aren''t many stones in the size/color/cut that you are looking at. The inventory in this range has done nothing but go down over the past year or so.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/16/2004 6:57:14 PM
Author: Heiny10
Hi there,

I have the ideal scope image... Do you all notice the area in the upper left side. Please let me know of your thoughts.

Pete
Pete the sligthly paler area in the table would be about 3-5% less light return in that area than other similar areas that are redder.

Our sensitivity to shades of the color is very very much too high to make a normal human perception assessment - that is why the IS is so hard to cheat :)

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Heiny--

Two things:

1) Is there a reason why you cannot buy the setting from the jeweler and send it to Whiteflash? Whiteflash won''t charge you extra for setting the stone, and doing so avoids asking your jeweler to assume a massive risk in the event something is damaged in setting. All you have to do is tell your jeweler what the measurements of the stone are so he can make sure the head will accommodate the stone.

2) I wouldn''t be concerned with the TABLE at all. Your jeweler seems predisposed to liking 60/60 diamonds. While they can look beautiful and can provide bold flashes of white light, they don''t typically give the fire and colored rainbows that a smaller table does. THAT is what catches my eye when I see a woman sitting across the restaurant from me in low lighting -- -- the fire and the colored rainbows that jump from an ideally cut stone. Also, 60/60 diamonds fall outside the range of AGS0, so a stone such as he suggests wouldn''t be an ideal-cut stone.

I have an ACA with a 56 table. The comment I get from my co-workers (about 25 women!) most often---"I''ve never seen a ring sparkle like that one does". It''s because of the proportions.

Johnny123

Rough_Rock
I am also looking @ 2.5 carat diamonds through local jewelers, online sites, etc and they are all in the range of 24-25K. The diamonds I have found are all ideal and for the most part and the jewelers are willing to negotiate on price. Pete, before you purchase this baby... I''d talk to whiteflash and see how much they can move on this diamond. It''s worth it.

Let me know how it turns out.

John

solange

Brilliant_Rock
The stone Heiny10 is considering is a Whiteflash ACA which means it is not only an Ideal cut but heart and arrow. It also has an AGS certification and they are very strict in grading stones.

I bought a larger Ideal cut from Whiteflash but it was not ACA. It was a lot less per carat than an ACA. There is a difference between an Ideal cut and a Whiteflash ACA and the quality of the cut is reflected in the higher price.

To some people the perfect symmetry of a Heart and Arrow stone is important and, if so, they pay a premium for the additional time it takes to cut a stone to that level of perfection and the amount of material wasted to get the result.

Did you see the ring and have it sent to an appraiser? You are the only one who can decide whether the inclusion is visible to you and your fiance and whether you want to pay the premium for as ACA F color stone or buy an Ideal cut which is not ACA but is a higher clarity grade.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
You can see the big inclusion in the upper left of the IS image. Only you can decide if you can see it with your nekkid eyes and if it is a big deal to you.

You buy a big SI1 and you might have a sizeable inclusion of two. That''s just the way it goes and that''s why they cost less than a VS2.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results