shape
carat
color
clarity

I can''t wait to see my new ACA 2.02 F Si2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
My story....

Well, I've been lurking for a LONG LONG LONG time, and learned a ton. I finally found a place where my looking and longing fit in. Unfortunately, my husband was not understanding as to why I would want a larger/better diamond (sound familiar)? The one he/we picked out 16 years ago had certain meaning, etc, etc, etc. Jumping ahead, well, he finally saw the light...

Backing up a little...about a year ago, I came across a deal I couldn't pass up for a 1.52 G Vs2 stone that wasn't ideal, but pretty nice. I had it checked out by Richard Sherwood (a belated thank you). But it just wasn't the stone of my dreams, and I couldn't make it work into a 3 stone ring with my original stone (it was just too much for my hand). So I sold it to dirt cheap diamonds, where it's currently in their "special purchases" catagory.

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=2815633

It is a nice stone, just not "the stone of my dreams." So on to the looking, longing and lurking....and a spouse who one day "woke up" and "got it." BTW, I haven't even been talking about diamonds with him for years(?) maybe. And then this stone showed up

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-799212.htm#

And MY SPOUSE SAID TO GO FOR IT!!!!! And I was the one saying, I'm not sure, I don't know, maybe we should wait until next year.... But it's exactly what I've been looking for, an ideal-cut 2 carat white eye-clean stone. And now I'm posting this before the ring even arrives (it should be here Friday).

I also looked at Slammie's stone (but never had it shipped to me, and it wasn't ment to be, since it obviously when to the right person
1.gif
I won't even tell you how many other stones I saved under my favorites until they were sold over the past year from GOG, NiceIce, Superbcert, Whiteflash, DCD, and Winfields (did I miss any?)

I'm going to try to upload pictures now...

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
this is (was) my 1.52, picture courtesy of Richard Sherwood

DSC00215.JPG

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
And here are the angles per Rich for the 1.52
Depth 59.6%
Table 58%
Crown 12.3% 30.8 degrees
Pavilion 43.9% 41.6 degrees

Which gets a 2.3 on the HCA

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
But now look at this from Whiteflash. I feel faint!

DI40X_AGS_5351501.jpg

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
The grade setter is in the 7 o'clock position on the photo above, and here is a blow-up. I had it sent to an appraiser in my area to look at, and I can't see ANYTHING in the table (that must be lint in the picture, because it's not in the stone). And I was only able to see the feather after looking and rocking the stone back & forth for about 5 minutes. My husband never did see it (except under the microscope). WOW WOW WOW. It will be hidden by a prong anyways.

DI10X_AGS_5351501.jpg

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
Edited to say: oops, attached the wrong file...SEE BELOW FOR H&A pix

di_AGS-5351501.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!! Isn't it exciting to get a great SI2?
9.gif
Your stone is amazing--I can't wait to see it "live" and on your hand!
love.gif

appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

PS I can't see SQUAT in terms of inclusions even with your directions! Looks like an IF to me!
9.gif

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
And here is the cert. It will be big, big, big on my 5.5-5.75 finger. I'm having it set in Whiteflash's tiffany knife edge ring, with a gold band. It's for our 15th anniversary (was in June)/17th anniversary of meeting (a couple of days ago).

ci_AGS-5351501.gif

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Gorgeous! That will be a stunning ring when its all put together. You got a great stone there!
4.gif
Luv

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Wowie Wowie wowie! That is one awesome stone. Congrats on a stunning stone and super smart shopping. I can't see ANYTHING!

slammie

Shiny_Rock
Oh I am soooo happy for you!! I can't believe that is a SI2!! I'm glad it found the rightful owner and that mine found me as well
21.gif
What setting are you thinking of?? More pics please!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh LTL that's a winner. I can't wait to see your pictures when you get it. How exciting. It's gonna be beautiful.

And white!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
longtime
WOW !!! that's a great looking si2 stone ,all the spec in the sweet spot...congrat on a great find.
love.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Congratulations on an awsome stone. You found exactly what I would consider my ideal stone.
love.gif
Can't wait to see pics!!!!!

DiamondLil

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
I can't believe I forgot to post the IS pix. Here it is.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and letting me learn through watching what other people have looked for/bought. I did this purchase under the radar...

IS_AGS_5351501.jpg

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

longtimelurker

Shiny_Rock
here is the picture I ment to attach above

HA_AGS_5351501.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results