shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of a big pastel blue sapphire?

Should I get the stone?

• Yes

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
The pastel looks way better to me than the alleged cornflower @icy_jade

I love the setting that you had it in :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Love the pinks too:kiss2::love::love::love:

Think my phone amps up the blues a bit. In person the stone is very pretty. Pastel blue in some lighting, almost lavender in others. And I really want to love it. But I think I will be searching for another stone even after I get it so it’s a no. At one point when I put the 9 ct cornflower next to the pastel, the pastel looked really washed out.

Still feel sad though. Because I really wanted to love it. It’s such a good size. The 4 carat stones look so small next to it.

The setting was just a temp one... didn’t get it but someone else did. I’ll let her out herself.

Reactions: prs

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh if you have to try with it then it's not right for you! You'll find the one! He has so much stock!!!

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Think my phone amps up the blues a bit. In person the stone is very pretty. Pastel blue in some lighting, almost lavender in others. And I really want to love it. But I think I will be searching for another stone even after I get it so it’s a no. At one point when I put the 9 ct cornflower next to the pastel, the pastel looked really washed out.

Still feel sad though. Because I really wanted to love it. It’s such a good size. The 4 carat stones look so small next to it.

The setting was just a temp one... didn’t get it but someone else did. I’ll let her out herself.

You have to love it or else it would be a mistake, which is a very personal thing.

I personally also think I prefer it to the darker coloured stones -- maybe GRS is more lenient in what it classifies as cornflower as they look darker than what I'd associate with the term from the photos.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh if you have to try with it then it's not right for you! You'll find the one! He has so much stock!!!

I feel like there are two main ways I make my decision...
- the easy way: I see it, I love it, I buy it
- the agonized way: I think I will regret if I don’t buy... agonizes over it (and then either buy or agonize that someone else bought it lol)
The former is faster, the latter takes a while... and sometimes I regret taking the latter decision to buy too lol.

So this pastel sapphire could possibly be the latter, but is for sure not the former. Is that making any sense at all?

He didn’t buy the stones. They are on consignment I think. He just asks his supplier to bring over...

You have to love it or else it would be a mistake, which is a very personal thing.

I personally also think I prefer it to the darker coloured stones -- maybe GRS is more lenient in what it classifies as cornflower as they look darker than what I'd associate with the term from the photos.

I don’t like the 3 cornflowers to be honest. I’ll prefer a slightly lighter shade. Well, so far all the recent GRS ones I’ve seen are dark like that.

To be fair the store lighting is horrible for blue stones. That’s why I usually ask to go outside to see the stone.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Makes sense Icy! I am a bit like that too although I always feel more secure if I love something ASAP. Things I umm and ahh on have had mixed results.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I feel like there are two main ways I make my decision...
- the easy way: I see it, I love it, I buy it
- the agonized way: I think I will regret if I don’t buy... agonizes over it (and then either buy or agonize that someone else bought it lol)
The former is faster, the latter takes a while... and sometimes I regret taking the latter decision to buy too lol.

So this pastel sapphire could possibly be the latter, but is for sure not the former. Is that making any sense at all?

He didn’t buy the stones. They are on consignment I think. He just asks his supplier to bring over...

I don’t like the 3 cornflowers to be honest. I’ll prefer a slightly lighter shade. Well, so far all the recent GRS ones I’ve seen are dark like that.

To be fair the store lighting is horrible for blue stones. That’s why I usually ask to go outside to see the stone.

Yep don't like how dark they are at all. Maybe they are different in person, but it does not sound like the photos are poor representations. I don't think passing on them is going to be a mistake.

The pastel blue I really like, but I think you have to love it for it to be a good idea -- otherwise something else will come along.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I love bright hot pinks. Two other new pinkish stones...

BBE50504-524F-4174-9CEC-892A153F9483.jpeg
Fluorescent lighting
BAED946C-427F-40BD-9EE4-75E250B1B2E1.jpeg

Of the two, the trillion looks more spinel-like and the oval looks more like tourmaline, imo
You're a lucky lady to have so many potential buys coming your way :geek2:

The oval is a mahenge spinel. :eek2:
Local lab (which is really strict) just certed as unheated spinel from Tanzania. Orangey pink.

So shocked. And very happy obviously. :P2

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics woman!!!! Pics!!!!!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha if you don't want the "pastel" sapphire can you share the contact info for your jeweler? There might be a race for it... :love:

To me, the "pastel" one is WAY too dark to be termed pastel. It's solidly medium in tone, imo. It's a little to grey to be cornflower for me, but it's not too light. All the others you've shown look too dark and blergh to me. I like the lighter one a lot more but I prefer a bit of grey in my blue sapphires. So if you prefer no grey, you definitely should ignore what I like, because I will gravitate to the greyest sapphire in a tray of pure blues every single time.

So here's another good question: if you walked into your jeweler tomorrow and he said oh, he can't show you the sapphire again because he sold it, would you be fine or would you feel kicked in the stomach?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is an AMAZING buy! OMG I just love that colour!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see it set!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Haha if you don't want the "pastel" sapphire can you share the contact info for your jeweler? There might be a race for it... :love:

To me, the "pastel" one is WAY too dark to be termed pastel. It's solidly medium in tone, imo. It's a little to grey to be cornflower for me, but it's not too light. All the others you've shown look too dark and blergh to me. I like the lighter one a lot more but I prefer a bit of grey in my blue sapphires. So if you prefer no grey, you definitely should ignore what I like, because I will gravitate to the greyest sapphire in a tray of pure blues every single time.

So here's another good question: if you walked into your jeweler tomorrow and he said oh, he can't show you the sapphire again because he sold it, would you be fine or would you feel kicked in the stomach?

If you are seriously interested let me know and I will msg him asap. He may no longer have the stone as he had it on consignment and I think typically doesn’t keep the consigned stones long.

Where are you located? I’m in Singapore. My jeweller is Wriston from Asiatique. Not sure what is the policy re sharing his details on PS. If ok I can share his fb link. Otherwise his older fb account was hacked so be careful to check that you contact him on the newer account where he has more up to date postings. I usually WhatsApp him.

Definitely kicked but ok I can take it. Can’t afford so many sapphires and I’ve spent a small fortune lately.
Anyway have asked him to look for others for me...

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It is an AMAZING buy! OMG I just love that colour!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see it set!

It’s the intense lights at the fair. Irl it’s not so intense. Definitely will post it if I find a pretty setting for it. Knowing me it will be some flowery halo :lol: let me save up first.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results