shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think about this princess?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissMandie

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I''ve been looking at purchasing this princess cut diamond and have finally received all the information and images. What do you honestly think of it?

I am slightly concerned with the actual photo of the diamond, as it seems the inclusion which is plotted on the pavillion side of the GIA certificate diagram apperas to be showing quite clearly from the top view. I personally wouldn''t think VS1 clarity diamonds would have inclusions of that magnitude. There also appears to be another inclusion on the left bottom edge of the diamond that is not noted in the GIA certificate.

Am I dreaming or are both these inclusions clearly there?
Would they be visable without magnification?
Do you think this consitutes as VS1 quality diamond?
Why would they not plot the inclusion on the bottom edge of the stone on the plot?
Why would they not plot the pavillion inclusion on the crown image also as its clearly visable?
Am I being too anal about this or is it a legitimate concern?
Should I be concerned about the amount of light leakage on the corners of the diamond as visable in the ideal-scope image?
Anything else you can see that I should be concerned about?
What do you think is a good price to pay for this diamond?

Ugh, I''m disappointed because the report makes the diamond look fantastic!

MissMandie

Rough_Rock
GIA Report

1184155 - GIALowRes.jpg

MissMandie

Rough_Rock
Diamond Photo

1184155 - Mag ImageLowRes.jpg

MissMandie

Rough_Rock
Ideal Scope image

1184155 - ISLowRes.jpg

MissMandie

Rough_Rock
Sarin report. I have no idea how to interpret this... Any help appreciated!

1184155 - Sarin ReportLowRes.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This looks like a lovely Princess to me! I can see the inclusion but the photo is greatly magnified, I don't think you will see it in person - bear in mind the diamond is a similar size to a pencil eraser. Check with the vendor to be on the safe side that it can't be seen, and they should be able to examine the diamond for you.

MissMandie

Rough_Rock
It is so frustrating that the diamond looks so good in the report and even the ideal scope image is good. And I love the way the diamond appears in the photo. Its just those two inclusions (one of which I can''t see plotted on the certificate and the other of which appears to be on the pavillion side) that are bugging me! Grrrrrrrrrrr...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2009 10:11:46 AM
Author: MissMandie
It is so frustrating that the diamond looks so good in the report and even the ideal scope image is good. And I love the way the diamond appears in the photo. Its just those two inclusions (one of which I can''t see plotted on the certificate and the other of which appears to be on the pavillion side) that are bugging me! Grrrrrrrrrrr...
Honestly with VS1 I would bet they won''t be visible to the naked eye, ask the vendor to check it out for you and they will be able to let you know. It looks like a lovely Princess and well worth further consideration, it really is no way to tell going by the grading report or a magnified image.

MissMandie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your feedback Lorelei, you''ve given me a bit more confidence in the stone. Glad you think its lovely!
Anyone else have any opinions or comments about the stone in general in light of the images and reports?

Thanks,
Mandie
41.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most welcome and I don''t compliment Princess lightly as there are so many mediocre ones out there, this one looks fantastic!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it looks really beautiful! I''d love to see an ASET of that baby. And regarding the inclusion...if GIA says it''s a VS1, it''s almost beyond any shadow of doubt a true VS1. You won''t see that inclusion (only 2% of people can see a VS2 inclusion, let alone a VS1).

Indira-London

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 4:35:34 AM
Author: Lorelei
This looks like a lovely Princess to me! I can see the inclusion but the photo is greatly magnified, I don't think you will see it in person - bear in mind the diamond is a similar size to a pencil eraser. Check with the vendor to be on the safe side that it can't be seen, and they should be able to examine the diamond for you.
Ditto! Lorelei has hit it on the head re. the level of maginifaction in the photo
Diamonds are graded for clarity at x10 magnification whereas the photo looks like more than x100 so that the tiny inclusion at x10 looks much worse in the photo!
Even an Internally Flawless diamond would not necessarily look blemish free if viewed at x100 or more! The clarity plots usually show only main inclusions that are responsible for the clarity grade at x10 and not anything higher than that.

I once had a medical client who looked at her VVS1 asscher cut diamond under an electron microscope and was horrified by the "flaws" that she could see - a modern electron microscopes can magnify objects up to two million times!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2009 2:49:36 AM
Author: Indira-London

Date: 3/31/2009 4:35:34 AM
Author: Lorelei
This looks like a lovely Princess to me! I can see the inclusion but the photo is greatly magnified, I don''t think you will see it in person - bear in mind the diamond is a similar size to a pencil eraser. Check with the vendor to be on the safe side that it can''t be seen, and they should be able to examine the diamond for you.
Ditto! Lorelei has hit it on the head re. the level of maginifaction in the photo
Diamonds are graded for clarity at x10 magnification whereas the photo looks like more than x100 so that the tiny inclusion at x10 looks much worse in the photo!
Even an Internally Flawless diamond would not necessarily look blemish free if viewed at x100 or more! The clarity plots usually show only main inclusions that are responsible for the clarity grade at x10 and not anything higher than that.

I once had a medical client who looked at her VVS1 asscher cut diamond under an electron microscope and was horrified by the ''flaws'' that she could see - a modern electron microscopes can magnify objects up to two million times!
LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results