shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think about the setting for a 2.44 ct., oval, E, VVS2?

TwoPointSixFourCt

Rough_Rock
Oval bezel setting inspo

I am thinking about using the linked setting as inspiration to have a custom setting created for a 2.44 ct. oval, E/VVS2 that is on the way. I'd like the diamond set a bit higher than the ring in the link and a bit cleaner metalwork on the petals.

If this was done in all yellow gold, do you think it would make the stone look warmer? I paid for the E color for a reason, so I don't want to waste that money if I'm just going to warm it up with the setting. Maybe I should have the petals made out of platinum and the bezel and band in yellow gold? That would add strength and help avoid the diamond picking up some of the warmth from the yellow gold.

Should I even consider having the bezel made out of yellow gold or will 14k be too soft and platinum is the only answer?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oval bezel setting inspo

I am thinking about using the linked setting as inspiration to have a custom setting created for a 2.44 ct. oval, E/VVS2 that is on the way. I'd like the diamond set a bit higher than the ring in the link and a bit cleaner metalwork on the petals.

If this was done in all yellow gold, do you think it would make the stone look warmer? I paid for the E color for a reason, so I don't want to waste that money if I'm just going to warm it up with the setting. Maybe I should have the petals made out of platinum and the bezel and band in yellow gold? That would add strength and help avoid the diamond picking up some of the warmth from the yellow gold.

Should I even consider having the bezel made out of yellow gold or will 14k be too soft and platinum is the only answer?

Yeah, yellow gold would likely make it seem a bit warmer. If you want it to be as white as possible (esp w an E color), I would recommend white gold or plat. 14k isn't too soft for this type of design IMHO.

I lkke the design and think someone like David Klass could do a great job

TwoPointSixFourCt

Rough_Rock
Yeah, yellow gold would likely make it seem a bit warmer. If you want it to be as white as possible (esp w an E color), I would recommend white gold or plat. 14k isn't too soft for this type of design IMHO.

I totally agree that David will be making the ring. I’ve already started talking to him about the design. He made a beautiful bezel set halo necklace for me using my diamond from my original wedding band.

Last edited:

TwoPointSixFourCt

Rough_Rock

Maybe when I get the stone on Tuesday, I’ll put a few of my yellow gold rings around it and see how it reacts. I’d really prefer to do yellow gold throughout.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Oval bezel setting inspo

Just chiming in to say this is a beautiful setting. Looking forward to seeing your diamonds final home!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oval bezel setting inspo

I love a bezel setting. The only thing I would change with your inspiration is to have the head more integrated with the shank. It looks a little like it’s plopped on top. I think it would make it more secure, and also be aesthetically more pleasing. Beautiful, I look forward to seeing this completed. I also agree David Klass would do a wonderful job on this. :)

TwoPointSixFourCt

Rough_Rock
I love a bezel setting. The only thing I would change with your inspiration is to have the head more integrated with the shank. It looks a little like it’s plopped on top. I think it would make it more secure, and also be aesthetically more pleasing. Beautiful, I look forward to seeing this completed. I also agree David Klass would do a wonderful job on this. :)

I’d love to hear ideas on how to integrate the bezel more with the shank. I just can’t picture how to do that, but I love the idea.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d love to hear ideas on how to integrate the bezel more with the shank. I just can’t picture how to do that, but I love the idea.

So here is a bezel dk made for me with a cathedral shank and pretty gallery too. But there are many other ways to do this, of course, but this was one of mine.

DKJPV19_05_28_TTHRG_ 52845 -- 5.jpeg DKJPV19_05_28_TTHRG_ 52845 -- 1.jpeg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
even if you don't want a cathedral, it could more integrated. Something like this. So the head isn't just attached to the top of the band.
bezel shape snip.jpg

TwoPointSixFourCt

Rough_Rock
So here is a bezel dk made for me with a cathedral shank and pretty gallery too. But there are many other ways to do this, of course, but this was one of mine.

DKJPV19_05_28_TTHRG_ 52845 -- 5.jpeg DKJPV19_05_28_TTHRG_ 52845 -- 1.jpeg

Slickk, May I share this image of your ring with Davis Klass as inspo? I love the cathedral and I think I could have him incorporate the tulip petals from the other inspo pic I posted.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Slickk, May I share this image of your ring with Davis Klass as inspo? I love the cathedral and I think I could have him incorporate the tulip petals from the other inspo pic I posted.

@TwoPointSixFourCt Of course you may! He made it! Come back with your CADs!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results