shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you specifically go to Costco for?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2007 11:45:35 AM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 7/7/2007 7:06:28 AM
Author: Skippy123
Glad you joined Sharon! I go there especially for their quality fresh fruit weekly
9.gif
My hubby calls it the $100 club because everytime we go it easy to drop over $100 w/o trying; plus he thinks other people do the same. hehehe
HI:

I kinda like going there now Miss Skippy!! I bought two bunches of assorted flowers, and at half of what all other places charge; not to mention saving $20 bucks (YES 20) on ONE bottle of wine alone!!!!!! My favorite, Old Vine Seghesio Zin, $60 bucks at local place X, $40 bucks at Costco! I nearly died.......they have a lovely wine selecion, but not too many champagnes
8.gif

Oh and I didn''t see any Paige jeans you linked to in the jean thread....must be only thru online purchasing.

Oh happy spending there!
1.gif

cheers--Sharon
Dang to no Paiges! Come to sunny NM; we have them here. hehehe. You must be tiny because I looked at them and thought my butt would never get into those slim jeans. heehe, lucky girl!

I am glad you joined the Costco club, we love buying and trying wines there! I love buying their books too; they are so cheap! I do like their flowers too!

Happy shopping too friend!!!
11.gif
9.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Ok...want to know if DJ is the first PS poster to use TOILET PAPER for her photo prop. I have seen roses, jelly beans, rocks, sand, plastic cartoon characters, pets of all kinds, a pool cue, a wine glass, but this is a first...TP. This is the paper we use to ....eh.

The height excuse you can''t use...what drove you to use it? I mean what was the driving force behind the decision to choose TOILET PAPER?

Ok ...DJ, one more question...WHERE DID YOU BUY THE TP??? Ah....don''t answer that too quickly...think...

DKS

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Oh...I like Costco for saving money on the things that are spendy at the grocery store, but avoid the "middle" at all costs...that where they get you! Make a list and stick to it! I go once every 2 months for diapers, and much less often to replenish household items.

The following I buy seldomly as it tends to last a LOOONG time:

Kirkland trash bags
Cascade Dishwashing soap
Tide Detergent (the Kirkland one sucks & doesnt clean at all)
Oxyclean laundry booster
Clorox cleaner with bleach
Downy Softener
Glass cleaner (in the aerosol cans)
Lysol toilet bowl cleaner
Cat Litter

I used to buy dog & cat food there, but my animals turned high maintenance on me & are now on "special diets".

Huggies Diapers
Kirkland Baby Wipes
Kirkland Formula (my son no longer is on formula, but I am preggers again, new baby will use it...its EXACTLY the same as Similac)
Batteries for kid stuff!

Deoderant
Razors
Shaving cream
Tampax
Ibuprofen
Acetominophen (infant & adult)
Multivitamin
Kirkland versions of Immodium, Metamucil, Zantac,
Alavert
Cold medicine

As far as food goes, I don''t buy much at Costco

Goldfish crackers
Go-gurt
String cheese
Dino chicken nuggets
Cheese
Chicken breasts
Salmon
Steak filets
Cheap red wine...usually Twisted Zin or Yellowtail Shiraz
Frozen veggies
Zip Fizz
Pria Bars
Sparkling water

I also buy all my son''s pj''s there. They always have Carters pjs for $7 each. I have also purchased pillows, blankets for the beds, and our dog beds from there.

Wow..I buy a lot there...LOL. Oh and a smaller tv, portable DVD player, our living room leather ottoman, and sometimes bulbs for the garden.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2007 11:14:15 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Ok...want to know if DJ is the first PS poster to use TOILET PAPER for her photo prop. I have seen roses, jelly beans, rocks, sand, plastic cartoon characters, pets of all kinds, a pool cue, a wine glass, but this is a first...TP. This is the paper we use to ....eh.

The height excuse you can''t use...what drove you to use it? I mean what was the driving force behind the decision to choose TOILET PAPER?

Ok ...DJ, one more question...WHERE DID YOU BUY THE TP??? Ah....don''t answer that too quickly...think...

DKS

LOL, I admit in retrospect it was an odd choice, but the toilet paper was stacked in a tall tower over by the window with the best light and I like, why notl? The white made a nice background, and I thought the one with the earrings side-by-side where the roll was coming unraveled looked rather artistic when I saw it on my screen, ha ha.

As for where the TP came from--as if you even had to ask!

9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2007 6:23:47 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Actually, now you''ve got ME thinking about drops!!! There is another gem show coming up in about a month and maybe I should check a few sets out to see how they look.

ETA: And no trouble at all, I just felt bad I couldn''t produce some better photos for you!
HI:

Just an update; I finally did go and check out how my emerald drops would look with some diamond hoops like yours, and they looked great! Sadly, I thought they were too $$ for what they were, so I did not buy them. But I am on the lookout still, should some others come my way, or if someone else should come across some great deals for me
9.gif
...............maybe at Costco????

So if you should hit the gemshow DeeJay, I highly recommend taking your hoops along and checking out drops--I think you might be pleased....

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2007 7:49:04 PM

Actually, now you've got ME thinking about drops!!! There is another gem show coming up in about a month and maybe I should check a few sets out to see how they look.

ETA: And no trouble at all, I just felt bad I couldn't produce some better photos for you!
HI:

Just an update; I finally did go and check out how my emerald drops would look with some diamond hoops like yours, and they looked great! Sadly, I thought they were too $$ for what they were, so I did not buy them. But I am on the lookout still, should some others come my way, or if someone else should come across some great deals for me
9.gif

So if you should hit the gemshow DeeJay, I highly recommend taking your hoops along and checking out drops--I think you might be pleased....

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, sorry the drops didn't work out for you. What about a less expensive stone though? Maybe some peridot on the deeper green side? Or, are there any gem shows coming up near you? Maybe you could find something there. And if you do find anything that you like I will even supply the toilet paper for the photo shoot!
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2007 10:10:56 AM

Date: 7/14/2007 7:49:04 PM

Actually, now you''ve got ME thinking about drops!!! There is another gem show coming up in about a month and maybe I should check a few sets out to see how they look.

ETA: And no trouble at all, I just felt bad I couldn''t produce some better photos for you!
HI:

9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, sorry the drops didn''t work out for you. What about a less expensive stone though? Maybe some peridot on the deeper green side? Or, are there any gem shows coming up near you? Maybe you could find something there. And if you do find anything that you like I will even supply the toilet paper for the photo shoot!
9.gif
HI:

The emerald drops I own, it was the hoops I thought were too $$. I don''t know about you, but when I am jewellery shopping, I have a price in my head that I am willing to pay and that is that. The hoops were more than I was willing to part with. Anyway, I have other options.....
9.gif
and am looking into it now...... Thanks for the offer tho--and as for the TP, I just may use that for future reference...
41.gif

cheers--Sharon

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Has anyone mentioned SAMPLES??? THAT is the best part about Costco!
9.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Why I just enjoyed meself a wee sample of 6 cheese pizza today!! T''was very yummy and tied me over until I got home to make some lunch.
1.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, we LOVE the samples! We can easily "eat lunch" at Costco! The only problem is we end up buying the things that we sample... 48 egg rolls anyone? How 'bout 12 gazillion petite quiche? Or maybe enough Taquitos to feed an entire family of 8 for a month...

(Sharon, sorry I misunderstand that you were looking for the hoops and not the drops earlier. Sometimes I'm a little dense!)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love Costco samples. Uh OH, DH and I are headed there today ha ha ha. Have to stock up on toilet paper, paper towles, garbage bags, chicken, etc. He loves the hot dogs there and will eat lunch no doubt.

Linda

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Took DH there the other day so he could get his membership card--BIG mistake. No, not because of the delish samples, but the electronics!!! Was completely enamoured. Suddenly HE NEEDS more flat screen TV''s; one for every room and the BR''s as well. What we are supposed to do with the present lot we already have is beyond me. I mean what does he think this is, jewellery?????
41.gif

No worries DeeJay--I have fixed my "problem" already
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2007 3:30:37 PM

No worries DeeJay--I have fixed my ''problem'' already
9.gif

Oh you big tease -- spill the beans!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2007 3:52:04 PM

Date: 7/21/2007 3:30:37 PM

No worries DeeJay--I have fixed my ''problem'' already
9.gif

Oh you big tease -- spill the beans!!!
HI:

Wink to the rescue.......my little arrival due late Aug........
17.gif
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shame, shame, shame Sharon, for keeping us in suspense. SPILL THE BEANS LADY. WHAT DID YOU ORDER FROM WINK!!!!!!!! You know we can''t wait, until late August.
29.gif

Linda

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2007 5:04:27 PM
Author: Linda W
Shame, shame, shame Sharon, for keeping us in suspense. SPILL THE BEANS LADY. WHAT DID YOU ORDER FROM WINK!!!!!!!! You know we can''t wait, until late August.
29.gif

Linda
hehehee you guys are halir! These will be perfect to dangle my emeralds from...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-01CT-DIAMOND-HOOP-EARRINGS-IN-18KT-WHITE-GOLD_W0QQitemZ120142356376QQihZ002QQcategoryZ110590QQcmdZViewItem

This is the best "likeness" I could find--from ebay no less (sorry Wink
12.gif
)

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh Sharon, those are very pretty! Can''t wait to see the real thing!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon,

Those will be beautiful. Can''t wait to see pictures.
30.gif

Linda

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Toilet paper and to stock up on apples. (Seriously, apples keep FOREVER...you''d never be out of fruit if you buy two bags and eat the apples only when you have no other fruit options.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results