shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you specifically go to Costco for?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2007 5:12:27 PM
Author: musey
Kirkland toilet paper!!

Honestly, that''s the only thing that we say ''gotta go to CostCo!'' for. We''re only shopping for two (and in a 1-bedroom condo with limited storage space!), so bulk-buying doesn''t often suit us. That''s not to say we don''t get sucked in to it once we''re there... ''Just for toilet paper''
31.gif
11.gif
HI:

But Musey, I saw some of those TP roll pack--as big as ones cart. It could double as a pull out bed--if you have guests!
3.gif
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 10:56:46 AM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 6/28/2007 4:03:44 PM
Author: cutey TT
My husband and I *love* Costco. Our friends make fun of us cuz they say we must be invested in the company, the way we rave about it. We''re always trying to convince our Sam''s Club shopping friends to make the switch.

We pretty much buy everything we can there. Most of the previous posters listed the basics (i.e., paper goods, bottled water, laundry and dish detergents, trash bags, cereal, pharmacy items such as saline solution, vitamins, sunblock, shampoo & conditioner)... The list goes on and on.

Some of the other things that we like buying there are the Kirkland baby wipes (since we have a non-potty-trained 2.5 year old and an 8-week-old infant, we go through those pretty fast), organic snacks for our toddler (FruitBU, like a fruit roll-up), the individually-packaged Horizon chocolate organic milks (like the ones you can buy at Starbucks or Whole Foods), Vitamin Water, organic eggs, they have these great uncooked tortillas, avocados (always super fresh), and fuji apples.

My husband also swears by the lawn products. He says that stuff like Amdro (for ants) is at least 3x cheaper than Home Depot or Lowes.
HI:

I thought the Armorall was quite cheap--but was a little disappointed there were no weed eaters and these specific outdoor lights. But hey, ya snooze ya loose, since they only get so many of ''one of'' things, and when they are gone.......

cheers--Sharon
Hm, I think our Costco has weed products right now. But you''re right, they get a shipment of something and then when they sell out, it''s pretty much gone for a while. Ours also has several different types of outdoor lights, but I didn''t really pay close attention to what they had since we''re not in the market for those right now.

We have bought some big ticket items from Costco as well: a plasma TV for my husband''s office waiting room, Dyson vacuum, HP all-in-one printer / fax / copier, a gas-powered pressure washer, a playset for our backyard, as well as a computer and another TV for my parents.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2007 11:13:35 AM

Date: 6/29/2007 10:56:46 AM

Date: 6/28/2007 4:03:44 PM
My husband and I *love* Costco. Our friends make fun of us cuz they say we must be invested in the company, the way we rave about it. We''re always trying to convince our Sam''s Club shopping friends to make the switch.

We pretty much buy everything we can there. Most of the previous posters listed the basics (i.e., paper goods, bottled water, laundry and dish detergents, trash bags, cereal, pharmacy items such as saline solution, vitamins, sunblock, shampoo & conditioner)... The list goes on and on.

Some of the other things that we like buying there are the Kirkland baby wipes (since we have a non-potty-trained 2.5 year old and an 8-week-old infant, we go through those pretty fast), organic snacks for our toddler (FruitBU, like a fruit roll-up), the individually-packaged Horizon chocolate organic milks (like the ones you can buy at Starbucks or Whole Foods), Vitamin Water, organic eggs, they have these great uncooked tortillas, avocados (always super fresh), and fuji apples.

My husband also swears by the lawn products. He says that stuff like Amdro (for ants) is at least 3x cheaper than Home Depot or Lowes.
HI:

I thought the Armorall was quite cheap--but was a little disappointed there were no weed eaters and these specific outdoor lights. But hey, ya snooze ya loose, since they only get so many of ''one of'' things, and when they are gone.......

cheers--Sharon
Hm, I think our Costco has weed products right now. But you''re right, they get a shipment of something and then when they sell out, it''s pretty much gone for a while. Ours also has several different types of outdoor lights, but I didn''t really pay close attention to what they had since we''re not in the market for those right now.

We have bought some big ticket items from Costco as well: a plasma TV for my husband''s office waiting room, Dyson vacuum, HP all-in-one printer / fax / copier, a gas-powered pressure washer, a playset for our backyard, as well as a computer and another TV for my parents.
HI:

Really? Dyson? My DH loves those things and wants to get one! Geez....maybe then he''ll use it!!!!! (we only have the smaller hand-vac). Thanks!!

cheers--Sharon

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i lurve costco! they have such cool stuff there. along with the basics, i have purchased many-a-things i don''t necessarily *need* especially those seasonal and specialty items that only show up for a short time.
40.gif
of course it can be a little frustrating shopping there too because they do have a lot of those seasonal items. if you are looking for any kind of indoor furninature items (they have some really nice stuff!) you won''t find it there during the summer (outdoor stuff is on display) or during the fall (christmas decor is out!) you have to time it just right. it''s kind of hit and miss. also, unless it''s a kirkland signature item, you can''t really be sure that whatever you are buying will be there next time, so don''t fall in love with something hoping to find it again because it might not be there. even with those inconveniences, i still love shopping at costco. they carry high quality merchandise at very reasonable prices. some of the prices are absolutely unbeatable and still, always high quality. and of course, the return policy is fantastic.
36.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 11:40:41 AM

HI:

Really? Dyson? My DH loves those things and wants to get one! Geez....maybe then he'll use it!!!!! (we only have the smaller hand-vac). Thanks!!

cheers--Sharon
Hey,

I'm not sure if all Costco's have a rebate going on, but the one by me has an instant rebate on one of the Dyson models right now. I think it's around $50 off one that's normally about $469.00.

As far as Costco items, I mostly buy cosmetic items (like the Smashbox sets), Cetaphil, water, books, and prescriptions. I rarely buy food there as I'm kind of picky and like mostly organic meats. Seems like there is a bit more selection of organic foods, but I usually get food at Whole Foods. My kids are getting bigger, so I may have to cave and buy larger amounts of food. But, really, I have a hard time finding frozen foods there as I like to avoid MSG and most chemicals.

We've gotten a lot of big-ticket items, though, like my husband got me an LCD tv for my last birthday and we also have purchased two digital cameras there. I have even considered buying jewelery there. There are a couple rings I am drooling over, but haven't mustered up the courage to buy an item just claiming to be VS2 I color or better.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 11:53:29 AM
Author: belle
i lurve costco! they have such cool stuff there. along with the basics, i have purchased many-a-things i don''t necessarily *need* especially those seasonal and specialty items that only show up for a short time.
40.gif
of course it can be a little frustrating shopping there too because they do have a lot of those seasonal items. if you are looking for any kind of indoor furninature items (they have some really nice stuff!) you won''t find it there during the summer (outdoor stuff is on display) or during the fall (christmas decor is out!) you have to time it just right. it''s kind of hit and miss. also, unless it''s a kirkland signature item, you can''t really be sure that whatever you are buying will be there next time, so don''t fall in love with something hoping to find it again because it might not be there. even with those inconveniences, i still love shopping at costco. they carry high quality merchandise at very reasonable prices. some of the prices are absolutely unbeatable and still, always high quality. and of course, the return policy is fantastic.
36.gif
ditto here too!

I buy vitamins
Trash bags
paper towels
toilet paper
I ALWAYS and ONLY buy FRUIT here!!! (freshest and best quality)
Oral B electric toothbrush refills
clothes
kids clothes
movies
books (extremely cheap)
watches
tv
vacuum
teak patio furniture (our 1 yr anniversary present to ourselves)
steaks (meat is very fresh)
fish
chicken breasts
cheese
cereal
the list could go on forever. . . flowers.
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2007 1:49:15 PM
Author: MC

Date: 6/29/2007 11:40:41 AM

HI:

Really? Dyson? My DH loves those things and wants to get one! Geez....maybe then he''ll use it!!!!! (we only have the smaller hand-vac). Thanks!!

cheers--Sharon
Hey,

I''m not sure if all Costco''s have a rebate going on, but the one by me has an instant rebate on one of the Dyson models right now. I think it''s around $50 off one that''s normally about $469.00.

As far as Costco items, I mostly buy cosmetic items (like the Smashbox sets), Cetaphil, water, books, and prescriptions. I rarely buy food there as I''m kind of picky and like mostly organic meats. Seems like there is a bit more selection of organic foods, but I usually get food at Whole Foods. My kids are getting bigger, so I may have to cave and buy larger amounts of food. But, really, I have a hard time finding frozen foods there as I like to avoid MSG and most chemicals.

We''ve gotten a lot of big-ticket items, though, like my husband got me an LCD tv for my last birthday and we also have purchased two digital cameras there. I have even considered buying jewelery there. There are a couple rings I am drooling over, but haven''t mustered up the courage to buy an item just claiming to be VS2 I color or better.
HI:

MC your post was timely as I was going to inquire about organic products at Costco. Few and far between?

I see Costco is a popular place. Now I got the cheap, entry level membership. Was I a fool not to get the "best" (it iwas touted as this) or most expensive memberhsip? Didn''t seem to be great advantages--spend more, save more?

cheers--Sharon

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 11:02:54 AM

Kirkland toilet paper!!

Honestly, that''s the only thing that we say ''gotta go to CostCo!'' for. We''re only shopping for two (and in a 1-bedroom condo with limited storage space!), so bulk-buying doesn''t often suit us. That''s not to say we don''t get sucked in to it once we''re there... ''Just for toilet paper''
31.gif
11.gif
HI:

But Musey, I saw some of those TP roll pack--as big as ones cart. It could double as a pull out bed--if you have guests!
3.gif
2.gif

cheers--Sharon
I guess must be why our space is so limited--cabinets and cabinets full of toilet paper!!
2.gif
3.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2007 3:40:20 AM

Kirkland toilet paper!!

Honestly, that's the only thing that we say 'gotta go to CostCo!' for. We're only shopping for two (and in a 1-bedroom condo with limited storage space!), so bulk-buying doesn't often suit us. That's not to say we don't get sucked in to it once we're there... 'Just for toilet paper'
31.gif
11.gif
HI:

3.gif
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

I guess must be why our space is so limited--cabinets and cabinets full of toilet paper!!
2.gif
3.gif

We once lived in a beautiful vintage brownstone and I had a lovely antique armoire in the dining room--FULL OF TOILET PAPER! People would come over and comment on the furniture all the time and I would always be jumping in front of them to prevent them from opening the door of the cabinet (which SO many people felt perfectly comfortable doing - ??? -- I would never open a piece of furniture in someon else's home) lest they be hit in the head with TP! We were out of storage space everywhere else, I figured what the hell, use the armoire.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 11:22:48 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 6/30/2007 3:40:20 AM

Kirkland toilet paper!!

Honestly, that's the only thing that we say 'gotta go to CostCo!' for. We're only shopping for two (and in a 1-bedroom condo with limited storage space!), so bulk-buying doesn't often suit us. That's not to say we don't get sucked in to it once we're there... 'Just for toilet paper'
31.gif
11.gif
HI:

3.gif
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

2.gif
3.gif

We once lived in a beautiful vintage brownstone and I had a lovely antique armoire in the dining room--FULL OF TOILET PAPER! People would come over and comment on the furniture all the time and I would always be jumping in front of them to prevent them from opening the door of the cabinet (which SO many people felt perfectly comfortable doing - ??? -- I would never open a piece of furniture in someon else's home) lest they be hit in the head with TP! We were out of storage space everywhere else, I figured what the hell, use the armoire.
hehehe, DeeJay, you are a riot!
9.gif

Our hall closet is full of TP from costco. I accidentally thought we were out it and bought more!!! That was funny because I was stuffing it everywhere!

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
I friend of mine has a dad who likes to make up sayings. Her family calls them "Jim-sims"

She told me this one of Jim''s:

"Love is like Costco, if you see what you want you better take it home or when you come back it won''t be there"

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
We dont'' have Costco...but we do have Sams.

My list? Grapenuts.

Yep...$35 dollar membership for Grapenuts.

Ok, so I pick up a few other things...but primarily Grapenuts. Hubbys fuel.

DKS

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2007 1:47:16 PM
Author: door knob solitaire

My list? Grapenuts.

DKS
HI:

I thought tht would be me DKS--just going for some sour belt candy....but it turned out I was able to find stuff to buy......
3.gif
; oh and we were at a party last night and the gal served the MOST delish pita chips (Stacy''s?) and pickled asparagus, both from Costco. I almost ate the whole jar!!!

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2007 11:41:12 AM

My list? Grapenuts.

DKS
HI:

I thought tht would be me DKS--just going for some sour belt candy....but it turned out I was able to find stuff to buy......
3.gif
; oh and we were at a party last night and the gal served the MOST delish pita chips (Stacy''s?) and pickled asparagus, both from Costco. I almost ate the whole jar!!!

cheers--Sharon

OK, so I have to ask, *what else* did you find to buy?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2007 12:52:49 PM

Date: 7/6/2007 11:41:12 AM

My list? Grapenuts.

DKS
HI:

3.gif

cheers--Sharon

OK, so I have to ask, *what else* did you find to buy?
HI:

DeeJay: oh you mean like this?

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10296699&whse=BCCA&Ne=4000000&eCat=BCCA|108&N=4009052&Mo=104&No=0&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&cat=3118&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-CA&Sp=C&topnav=

and

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10295027&whse=BCCA&Ne=4000000&eCat=BCCA|108&N=4009052&Mo=104&No=7&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&cat=3118&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-CA&Sp=C&topnav=

2.gif
3.gif

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ROLF! I just *knew* you''d manage to find something other than sour candy there!
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2007 1:28:30 PM
ROLF! I just *knew* you''d manage to find something other than sour candy there!
2.gif
HI:

DeeJay:

Now I have you here, do you mind telling me if you find your diamond hoops "heavy"? I still have not made it to my jeweller, but am in the market for some diamond hoops, tho much smaller than yours in carat weight and prong set (I am hoping to hang my emeralds on....).

Do you still love them? Wear them a lot?

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2007 1:36:45 PM

ROLF! I just *knew* you'd manage to find something other than sour candy there!
2.gif
HI:

DeeJay:

Now I have you here, do you mind telling me if you find your diamond hoops 'heavy'? I still have not made it to my jeweller, but am in the market for some diamond hoops, tho much smaller than yours in carat weight and prong set (I am hoping to hang my emeralds on....).

cheers--Sharon

The only time I even notice the weight of the hoops at all is the instant I put them on, and even then only because all I ever wear other than those are just studs. (I do have a pair of tiny yellow gold prong set hoops that I trot out about once a month--maybe--but that doesn't really count.) They truly aren't heavy--if they were they would drive me crazy!

Honestly, my diamond hoops are just so much *fun* that I really love to wear them!

ETA: I just went back and looked at the pics in my thread and they look so much bulkier in the photos than they are in real life. Seriously they are not heavy at all, despite the fact that they look like they weigh about 10 pounds each in the pics, LOL.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2007 1:55:15 PM

Date: 7/6/2007 1:36:45 PM

2.gif
HI:

DeeJay:

Now I have you here, do you mind telling me if you find your diamond hoops ''heavy''? I still have not made it to my jeweller, but am in the market for some diamond hoops, tho much smaller than yours in carat weight and prong set (I am hoping to hang my emeralds on....).

cheers--Sharon

The only time I even notice the weight of the hoops at all is the instant I put them on, and even then only because all I ever wear other than those are just studs. (I do have a pair of tiny yellow gold prong set hoops that I trot out about once a month--maybe--but that doesn''t really count.) They truly aren''t heavy--if they were they would drive me crazy!

Honestly, my diamond hoops are just so much *fun* that I really love to wear them!

ETA: I just went back and looked at the pics in my thread and they look so much bulkier in the photos than they are in real life. Seriously they are not heavy at all, despite the fact that they look like they weigh about 10 pounds each in the pics, LOL.
HI:

Have "we" seen those y/g diamond hoops of yours? Sounds like what i am after; that said my emeralds are set in y/g, but the prong set hoops I saw were in w/g and I liked them very much and wasn''t convinced I wanted to plate them to yellow. I could mix the colors I suppose or not wear the emeralds with them at all.....anyway.....

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, sorry for the incredibly lousy and bizarre pics. It''s really awkward for me to go upstairs with this crazy leg of mine so I made do with the "props" that I had down here in my office. (And why, you might ask, is there a stack of toilet paper 3 feet high in my office? Because our downstairs bathroom is under construction... )

Anyway, here are a few for you.

goldhoop10001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another.

goldhoop20001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With the other hoop for size comparison.

goldhoop30001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ear shot -- I swear I am not the furry blond gorilla that this pic would lead you to belive!!

goldhoop40001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t recall the carat weight of these--something under 1 ctw for both earrings though I''m sure. I like them a lot but I simply don''t wear yellow gold that much so they don''t get out as often as they should. I did buy a yellow gold bezel pendent a few gem shows ago to go with them but still, they sit in my jewelry box...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI DJ:

I just got home from Costco (OKOK I am now an addict!), where I picked up my 40 carat diamond necklace.....
2.gif
, and found the wine/booze very well priced; but I digress.

I am sorry for your trouble--but thank you very much
1.gif
for the pics. Your earrings look quite similar to the one I am thinking of purchasing--but in w/g. I plan to take my emerald drops to see if anything would look good hanging from this style of earring. Maybe it won''t.

Thanks again.

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, now you've got ME thinking about drops!!! There is another gem show coming up in about a month and maybe I should check a few sets out to see how they look.

ETA: And no trouble at all, I just felt bad I couldn't produce some better photos for you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2007 6:23:47 PM
Actually, now you''ve got ME thinking about drops!!! There is another gem show coming up in about a month and maybe I should check a few sets out to see how they look.

ETA: And no trouble at all, I just felt bad I couldn''t produce some better photos for you!
HI DJ:

Your pics were great! Maybe having some changeable drops might induce you to bring them out more often. At present, my emeralds are worn with small plain gold hoops--about the size of your diamonds ones. And I like that look and have worn it that way for years, but sometimes I want a bit of a sparkle boost. Ya know?
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Things I have bought at Costco:

Tires (Michelins when they have their rebate)
Vizio Plasma TV
Gas
Batteries
Noah''s Bagels
Sheet Cakes for any functions, Yum!
Meats
Foster Farms Frozen Chicken
Kirkland Bacon
Egg Starters
Orange Juice
Frozen Meats
Roller Sandwiches (yum!)
Kirkland Laundry Detergent
Kirkland Trash Bags
Water Bottles/Water
Dishwasher Soap
Generic Kirkland Drugs (Great Deal, but you have to buy a ton of it)
Ricola Throat Lozenges
Berry Smoothies!!!
Inexpensive Pizza, Soda, Hotdogs from the Food Area
Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches
English Cucumbers
Cheese
Salad Mixes
Olive Oil
Soda
Kirkland Borghese Cosmetics
Luggage
Office Supplies
HP Ink Cartridges (Great Deals)
Garage Storage Cases
Underwear
Clothes
Sees Candy Gift Certificates
Gala Apples
Toilet Paper
Paper Towels
Jerky Dog Treats
Dried Chicken Breasts for Dogs

And the list goes on...I LOVE COSTCO!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad you joined Sharon! I go there especially for their quality fresh fruit weekly
9.gif
My hubby calls it the $100 club because everytime we go it easy to drop over $100 w/o trying; plus he thinks other people do the same. hehehe

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2007 7:06:28 AM
Author: Skippy123
Glad you joined Sharon! I go there especially for their quality fresh fruit weekly
9.gif
My hubby calls it the $100 club because everytime we go it easy to drop over $100 w/o trying; plus he thinks other people do the same. hehehe
HI:

I kinda like going there now Miss Skippy!! I bought two bunches of assorted flowers, and at half of what all other places charge; not to mention saving $20 bucks (YES 20) on ONE bottle of wine alone!!!!!! My favorite, Old Vine Seghesio Zin, $60 bucks at local place X, $40 bucks at Costco! I nearly died.......they have a lovely wine selecion, but not too many champagnes
8.gif

Oh and I didn't see any Paige jeans you linked to in the jean thread....must be only thru online purchasing.

Oh happy spending there!
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results