shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you NOT care about that most people DO care about?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smart phones
GPS-gizmo-directed driving
TV
Fashion
A perfect house
Driving to get there as quickly as possible, instead of on as little gas as possible
Being cool and accepted when doing so violates my ethics and values

I'm sure I'll post more when they come to mind ... :sun:

Okay, now it's your turn ... :wavey:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: What don't you care about that most people DO care about

Perfection.

Life's just too darn short.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: What do you NOT care about that most people DO care abou

Political views of actors, musicians, etc.

I'm interested in the views of a talented musician speaking about music.

Or a talented actor speaking about acting.

Why does talent, expertise, celebrity status, mean that I would respect or agree with that individual's political views?

To hear someone else's opinion? That would be the only reason. But their view would hold no more weight to me than that of someone who is completely unknown to me.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ah yes ... thanks december-fire ...

Famous people/celebrities

I HATE name-droppers.
In my work I often encounter them. :knockout:

They do it because it works; most people are bimbos who shive a git about celebrities.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Getting up early in the morning and being super productive. I seriously do not care about it. My productive hours are and have always been after 10 a.m. I am up most mornings around 7 but not by choice. I don't want to talk to anyone on the phone or in person before 10. You know what early birds get? Worms. I don't really care for worms except that they benefit my garden soil. I get the side-eye for it sometimes from people who don't know me very well, but side-eye also happens to be in my IDGAF category, so... :lol: :lol:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kenny, wait a minute!

I didn't say I hate name-droppers.

In fact, I'm often heard saying:

"Well, the other day when I was conversing with Kenny from PS ... yes, darhling, I mean the Kenny from PS".

And, it should go without saying that you're the only celebrity who's opinion on anything and everything is of interest to me. :angel:

E B

Ideal_Rock

Fancy food. I'm probably the opposite of a foodie. It just has to be good.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Cars. Purses. Shoes.

I've never understood the appeal of buying something very expensive that will inherently wear out.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I also don't care how much someone spent on something; as in, they spent a lot of money so for some reason I'm supposed to be impressed.

I don't discuss this information with anyone, nor would I ever ask someone what they spent on an item, so I'm not sure why they share that information.

If they got a great deal, wonderful! I'll congratulate them on getting a great deal.
And I'll always complement the item. I'm not going to be mean.
If they've purchased something that brings them joy - wonderful (assuming they can afford it).

But it seems as though I'm supposed to think 'Wow, you're rich!'.

I don't understand that because they're telling me what they spent, not what they have.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

EB, same! When we had our wedding, we actually had a caterer turn us down because he didn't want to serve our selections. He was known in the area and was afraid guests would get the idea he served cheap food.

The other thing I think many (not necessarily most) people care about that I don't is brand name things. I don't like owning things with obvious branding. It just...bugs me. I also don't care about my kids being "cool" or "hip". I'm not on social media much but do have an instagram account and see two year old boys with faux hawks and baby girls in head wraps or whatever the latest thing is. Whatever floats your boat but if my kid wants a stinking Paw Patrol t-shirt (even though I said branding bugs me! :naughty: )instead of that weathered hipster t-shirt then so be it. My best friend kept taking her son to the barber to get the latest haircut (it's short on the sides, long on the top but combed to the side with a "part" actually shaved into the side) and he's ended up with a good old fashioned bowl cut every time. She just gave up. :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64|1457642753|4002859 said:
Getting up early in the morning and being super productive. I seriously do not care about it. My productive hours are and have always been after 10 a.m. I am up most mornings around 7 but not by choice. I don't want to talk to anyone on the phone or in person before 10. You know what early birds get? Worms. I don't really care for worms except that they benefit my garden soil. I get the side-eye for it sometimes from people who don't know me very well, but side-eye also happens to be in my IDGAF category, so... :lol: :lol:

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

december-fire|1457643075|4002865 said:
Kenny, wait a minute!

I didn't say I hate name-droppers.

In fact, I'm often heard saying:

"Well, the other day when I was conversing with Kenny from PS ... yes, darhling, I mean the Kenny from PS".

And, it should go without saying that you're the only celebrity who's opinion on anything and everything is of interest to me. :angel:

Kenny ... a celeb?
Shit! I now must kill myself. :knockout:

GBCPS! ;( ;( ;(

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

-American Football. I've lived here for more than half my life, and I just don't "get" why it has such a wide fan base.
-Politics. As soon as people start debating, I tune out.
-Couponing, Black Friday type sales. If I don't need it, I don't care if is 90% off, I wouldn't buy it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good beer and wine. I must have terrible taste in beer and wine because I like the cheap, watered down, light yellow American
beer and wine...sometimes it seems like the more expensive it is the more I dislike it. Give me my house wine (Vendange Merlot) any
day and I'm a happy camper!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Professional sports. Don't care. At. All.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Being popular.

cheers--Sharon

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Football/soccer
F1 racing
Fashion
The latest must-have gadget
Social media like FB, Twitter etc. etc..
Diets and calorie-counting

I am sure I can think of more.

DK :))

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock

Cars
phones
computers

I don't care about the latest and greatest. My beloved Saturn Ion s 10 years old, my phone is a flip phone from 2008, I can barely e-mail and couldn't care less about facebook.

I've outlived my time.

GET OFF MY LAWN!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

kenny|1457641808|4002845 said:
Smart phones
GPS-gizmo-directed driving
TV
Fashion
A perfect house
Driving to get there as quickly as possible, instead of on as little gas as possible
Being cool and accepted when doing so violates my ethics and values

I'm sure I'll post more when they come to mind ... :sun:

Okay, now it's your turn ... :wavey:

Kenny, we're more alike than you know. :bigsmile:

All that you mentioned and I'll add:
Instagram, Twitter, Snap Chat
Pop culture across all spectrums
Constant technology upgrades
Designer anything
Wine or food snobbery

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

Amber St. Clare|1457651985|4002981 said:
Cars
phones
computers

I don't care about the latest and greatest. My beloved Saturn Ion s 10 years old, my phone is a flip phone from 2008, I can barely e-mail and couldn't care less about facebook.

I've outlived my time.

GET OFF MY LAWN!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

liaerfbv|1457643324|4002871 said:
Cars. Purses. Shoes.

I've never understood the appeal of buying something very expensive that will inherently wear out.

Or keeping said expensive items in a garage under a tarp, or in a closet in a cloth bag, etc.

Use it or don't buy it. And since it will wear out, don't spend your 401K on it.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

We seriously need a like button on PS.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

HollyS|1457653165|4002991 said:

I would 'like' your post, but we don't have a 'like' button on PS. :(sad

I wonder if - on another forum far far away - others ask the same question, and everyone says "diamonds, I mean duh ... it's just a rock!" :lol:

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

HollyS|1457653061|4002990 said:
liaerfbv|1457643324|4002871 said:
Cars. Purses. Shoes.

Or keeping said expensive items in a garage under a tarp, or in a closet in a cloth bag, etc.

Use it or don't buy it. And since it will wear out, don't spend your 401K on it.

Yes to the tarp!!! I would at least want to enjoy what I bought.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HollyS|1457653165|4002991 said:

But then the members who don't get lots of like will get their panties in a wad about something else. :knockout:

BTW, what is a like button?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

It's a way to agree with a post, without quoting the post you're agreeing with. If it's a busy thread, it can be hard to just say "Ditto" and anyone know what the heck you mean.

Facebook has a "Like" thumbs up tab.

Q

Queenie60

Fancy cars - they're all around me (in my neighborhood) and I just don't see the intrigue. I just want a clean, decent, well running car. There are many other things I would rather have than the latest and greatest car.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Fashion- It it's not comfortable, I'm not interested. Especially true with shoes.

Award shows- I don't understand the point. Do celebrities really need another reason to get together and praise each other?

Breastfeeding- I know, hot topic. But seriously, do it or don't, I don't care.

Music- Okay, I don't hate music. But I'm not as into it as most people I know. I usually listen to talk radio in the car. When I work out, I watch Netflix on my phone. The only time I really listen to music is if I'm out running. The only reason I even know about some new songs is because DH is a music guy.

Dancing (as in at a club or something)- I don't get it. I do enjoy choreographed dancing, but just going on a dance floor and moving around for an hour with a bunch of sweaty people touching me? No thanks. I'd much rather sit at a table and people watch.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sports. Football especially. The best time to do any errands is when there's a big game around here - stores and restaurants are empty.

Shoes. I had a period of about 15.374 minutes when, after a lifetime of not giving a rip about "cute shoes", I finally one day had an epiphany and went, "OMG! These are so CUTE!" And I almost liked shoes. Then The Universe, in the form of foot problems, put paid to my burgeoning shoe really-like, and I'm back to not giving a rip.

Beer. Just never could wrap myself around beer. I've tried, but no go. Wine for me, and darn little of that these days.

Sports cars. I want something that is safe, practical, clean, air-conditioned, music-ed, and has a paint job. I do NOT want to DRIVE. I want transportation.

I'm sure there are more, but that's it for now....

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock

Cars - All I need is for my car to drive well and not fall apart.

Sports - don't follow them, can't get into them. It's never been my thing.

Celebrities/pop-culture news - I can appreciate a good TV show, movie, or song, but I really couldn't care less which celebrity is dating who, which couple is breaking up, or marrying or divorcing or gaining or losing weight, etc.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results