shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you guys think about this 2.14ct Old Mine Cut??? I NEED HELP!

Is this ring a forever ring?!?!

• Yes!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KittyKatEve

Rough_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh! I think I have found my dream ring. I have been wanting a 2ct vintage cut diamond and I found this one near my BFF's house! It is a little mom and pop shop that specializes in vintage jewelry. It is a GIA J/VS2 and it is beautiful. I told my hubby about it and he said we might be able to get it because he has been wanting to upgrade my ring anyways. :eek-2::eek-2::kiss2::kiss2::bigsmile::bigsmile::-o:-o <---My faces when he said that LOL. He just wants to make sure that this is the one that will be my forever ring.

I don't want to jump the gun and just immediately get this, I need opinion. What do you guys think???? Here it is on their website https://www.yatesjewelers.com/2-carat-old-mine-cut-diamond-ring.html and here are some pictures of it on my hand! IMG_2825.jpg IMG_2826.jpg IMG_2827.jpg IMG_2829.jpg IMG_2830.jpg IMG_2831.jpg IMG_2832.jpg IMG_2833.jpg IMG_2838.jpg

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a very pretty diamond, I really like that it's GIA graded - and it's great it's a J and VS2 - bright and lively, imo a nice find!

Seems like a good price to me too, especially since it includes an ornate platinum setting. I did a very quick check on the Old world diamonds website and found a similar size and specs for 15,700 (diamond only)

It's a bit deep, so it's not facing up as large as a 2 carat stone, more like 1.75 carats - but that's not unusual for an old cut.

The cautious part of me is thinking maybe you should check out the usual suspects - love affair diamonds, jewels by grace, old world diamonds (biggest selection) just to get more of an idea of what's available and pricing.

KittyKatEve, I'm thinking maybe you should have this thread moved to Rocky Talky, it will get more views that way.

Last edited:

KittyKatEve

Rough_Rock
Premium
It looks like a very pretty diamond, I really like that it's GIA graded - and it's great it's a J and VS2 - bright and lively, imo a nice find!

Seems like a good price to me too, especially since it includes an ornate platinum setting. I did a very quick check on the Old world diamonds website and found a similar size and specs for 15,700 (diamond only)

It's a bit deep, so it's not facing up as large as a 2 carat stone, more like 1.75 carats - but that's not unusual for an old cut.

The cautious part of me is thinking maybe you should check out the usual suspects - love affair diamonds, jewels by grace, old world diamonds (biggest selection) just to get more of an idea of what's available and pricing.

KittyKatEve, I'm thinking maybe you should have this post moved to Rocky Talky, it will get more views that way.
That you for your advice! I will check out those places and Ill start a thread in Rocky Talky too. Thanks!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Gorgeous stone and beautiful setting... the cushion is a great color and clarity as well. I understand not wanting to operate on impulse, but sometimes “the one” comes along right away and it’s just meant for you. =)2

Does this jeweler have a return period? If so, I’d personally get it and see how I felt about it during the return period rather than see it sold while I thought about it.

KittyKatEve

Rough_Rock
Premium
Wow! Gorgeous stone and beautiful setting... the cushion is a great color and clarity as well. I understand not wanting to operate on impulse, but sometimes “the one” comes along right away and it’s just meant for you. =)2

Does this jeweler have a return period? If so, I’d personally get it and see how I felt about it during the return period rather than see it sold while I thought about it.
I will have to go in and ask about it. Online I think it says 30 days. Plus I just want to look at the beauty again LOL

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I will have to go in and ask about it. Online I think it says 30 days. Plus I just want to look at the beauty again LOL

Definitely worth looking into - one other thing you may want to gauge is wearability since the setting is a bit high.

And junebug17 raises a very good point about the depth of the stone. It’s on the deeper side which is taking a bit away from the spread. One other vendor I recommend you also connect with is Ilya at Ivy and Rose. He also deals in old cuts and may be able to source some options for you to consider.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results