shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you all think about this K?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basilica

Rough_Rock
Here are the stats:
Any advice about K stones?
I''ve looked at the J stone thread--is there a K one?

1.59 K VS2 1.5-EX

depth 61.9%
table 56%
crown 34.9°
pavillion 40.8°
girdle thn-med f
polish id
sym id
flour no
dimensions7.45-7.49x4.62 AGS

thanks!
35.gif

K

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif

Looks like you have found a winner!
36.gif
36.gif
A K can look a softer white and face up very well indeed, there are some K's here, look for SevensOne's fab K and Mrs Jam's lovely ring, those are both K's. If you want a real icy white look, a K won't give you that, but the hint of warmth you might see makes for a very attractive and unique diamond, personally I love the lower colours if well cut and have one myself
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

The best advice is if you are unsure is to see some reliably graded K's in person if possible, maybe a jeweller near you carries them...Don't forget though that a great cut such as the one you have picked with help the diamond to face up even better. But if you can embrace that touch of warmth a K can be a fantastic way to get size and bang for the buck!!! Hope this helps and we MUST have pics if you get this one!!!!

Mrs Jam's ring
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/good-old-gold-mark-morrell-project.18496/=

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What she said.
2.gif

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Have you seen a K in person? I personally would not want to go this low in color.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The cut is beautiful. Only you are going to be able to tell whether you are comfortable with the K color. I am completely fine with an I, and I would definitely go down to a J to go bigger...but K is my limit.

You might want to check out sunkist''s gorgeous K stone.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the warmer colors - in fact I wish I''d gotten "lower" in color than a J. You have to love the color though - truly embrace it for what it is and not just trying to find an inexpensive way to convince yourself or others that you have a colorless stone. Sure, they can appear pretty white at times, but definitely not all the time. I don''t like the dark yellow "fancy" colored stones, but the light yellow stones down to like M or N I just adore. If you want a colorless stone, you''re gonna want to go above an I or even an H. If you *like* the warm color, the k will be just gorgeous!! Just make sure it''s super well cut!! And yes there is a K thread somewhere - Mara''s friends K is beautiful!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2006 3:19:09 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
I love the warmer colors - in fact I wish I'd gotten 'lower' in color than a J. You have to love the color though - truly embrace it for what it is and not just trying to find an inexpensive way to convince yourself or others that you have a colorless stone. Sure, they can appear pretty white at times, but definitely not all the time. I don't like the dark yellow 'fancy' colored stones, but the light yellow stones down to like M or N I just adore. If you want a colorless stone, you're gonna want to go above an I or even an H. If you *like* the warm color, the k will be just gorgeous!! Just make sure it's super well cut!! And yes there is a K thread somewhere - Mara's friends K is beautiful!!!
Yes what she said! But be sure to buy what YOU like. Just 'cause Cehra or Mara like K doesn't mean you will.

EDITED TO ADD: Round Brill. cuts hide color better than other shapes. Keep that in mind as you look at stones. Also an uncertified K might really be lower than a K. So look at GIA K's to see if you like them.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would definitely make sure the intended wearer likes the tinge these color stones can have. A detectable warmth. Make sure to see one in person if at all possible, or get the stone first, make sure the color is okay to you, and then proceed with ring design.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
K Stones in Platinum/WG Thread

Here''s a thread on K stones. I have a K stone, ideal cut, Expert Selection stone and I love it. Face up, it is very white and you can see warmth from the side.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results