shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Old Gold/Mark Morrell Project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I've had my ring for almost two weeks now, so I figured it was time to post some pictures. I browse through Pricescope almost every day, and I'm happy to finally be able to contribute to the "Show Me the Ring" forum!

I would like to thank Jonathan, Christen, and Marie at Good Old Gold for helping me with the diamond purchase. Jonathan has been an absolute dream throughout the whole process!

The diamond is a 2.56ct K/VS1 H&A. I'm so glad I took Jonathan's word for it that this K faces up absolutely white! It is a powerhouse of sparkle and rainbows! I am so thrilled with it!

I would like to thank Mark Morrell for the sheer perfection of my setting. It is a flawless work of art! Mark was so awesome and so patient with all my e-mails! I just can't get over the workmanship of this setting.

This setting probably looks very familiar to a lot of you. I've had this setting saved in my favorites for two years now! When I first saw it, I thought how perfect it would be for me because of the way the diamond was set as low as possible.

Every time I look down at my hand, I still can't believe that this ring is mine. My husband said that this is the last ring upgrade I am going to get, and that is FINE with me! I'm done! I'll work on my diamond stud earrings later, after he's recovered a bit.

Jonathan and Mark have made this experience a wonderful one. Every time I look at my ring, I'm reminded of these great people who helped make it a reality. It just gives off positive vibes! I recommend both of them wholeheartedly!

Aimee 2[1].56 029a-s.jpg

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Another view; sorry it's so big!

Aimee 2[1].56 001a1.JPG

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's beautiful
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Love the setting.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs jam
wow congrat !!! that sure is a super nice white K color stone. a nice round of
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
for GOG.

DiamondLover23

Shiny_Rock
That is a beautiful ring and stone!!

That setting has been saved in my folder for years now also.
2.gif

I actually purchased a K stone also, but I haven't received it yet. I hope mine faces up as white as yours!

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful!! I love the setting!! Pics on the hand ??
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful. It was worth the wait.
That K stone is something else. So white.
Just Lovely. Congrats.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's one amazing ring!

The diamond is stunning and MM's settings are so distinctive. I heard someone describe them as "liquid" and they really are. It looks like your ring was "poured."

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I just lowered my color tolerance to K. That thing is a work of art. Congratulations, more pice please

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
That is absolutely beautiful!!!!

The more I see awesome custom work, the more I want to do it for my girlfriend. The diamond is just another fine example of a great GOG piece!

Congratulations!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
I am in love
love.gif
Absolutely stunning! Gorgeous GOG diamond of course, and a beautiful, classy Mark Morrell setting...I need a tissue to wipe my mouth
3.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
it's GORgeous.
appl.gif

wonka, what kind of setting are you getting for your gf's ring? have you picked?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring -- both setting and stone! It would be easy to live with that combo as you "final upgrade"
9.gif

How long did it take to have the setting done? MM does just stunning work.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Delightful! Wear it is good health (I have a suspicion, by Christmas, you'll be noticing an increased muscle mass, left bicept!!)

cheers
10.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another stunner from the collaborative work of GOG and MM. I like the sleek flowing look of MM's designs. Add a GOG diamond into the mix and magic happens. A K?
eek.gif
No way! I think the a new colour bar has been set.

bling

Shiny_Rock
yum!!!!!!! i cant believe thats a K! does it have any flourescence? its soo white!
beautiful ring..i love MM rings..his work is awsome..and pair it with GOG blingage..and you get..well an awsome ring like that! congrats!
appl.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! Gorgeous ring and as has been the theme of the thread - I can't believe that's a K!

What is your finger size?

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much! It's nice to share my new ring with fellow diamond lovers.

Lop, Mark received the stone on July 7th, and I received the completed ring on August 6th. He may have started working on the setting around the first of July, though, because I sent him the payment and all the diamond's specs before he had the actual stone.

I was so thrilled to get my ring in 4-6 weeks, because I've read on PS that sometimes people have to wait longer. I guess I lucked out, because I was able to get a hold of Mark right after he returned from his vacation in June. I also didn't want to make ANY changes to the original design that he has pictured on his website, so I'm sure that probably helped as far as shortening the timeline. It was DEFINITELY worth the wait!

As far as the K color goes, I can't tell you all how relieved I was after seeing this diamond with my very own eyes. Although I trusted Jonathan's word after reading all the wonderful things so many of you have had to say about him, I still had nightmares of finding a lemon drop set into my ring. I can't believe that this is a K. I'm at work, so I don't have the cert. in front of me, but I believe that there is only a faint fluorescence (sp?). I'll have to check when I get home.

Hand pics are forthcoming! I'm not a good picture taker, though, so I'm sure it will look like one big blur, but I'll try. Ring size is 6.25, by the way.

One more thing I have to mention; I love having a euroshanked ring. This ring does not spin; it stays put all day long! I definitely recommend it to anyone who is about to get a ring designed. Ring spin is now one less pet peeve I have to complain about!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It sounds terrific. Good for you. Nothing like getting what you want.
Can't wait to see the hand pics.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
This is a work of art and the stone is, well, perfect!
9.gif
Congrats on a stunning piece.
love.gif
It really is stunning. I love the way the stone is set into the ring.

appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I wasn't too successful at taking pictures, but here it goes. I'll try to talk my husband into taking better pics; he's the photographer in the family.

123456ring.JPG

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I apologize if this is the same picture. We need to clean out our photo files!

1234567ring.JPG

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs Jam!!!! It looks wonderful on your hand, and I cannot believe that is a K!!! I know you have heard that 1000 times, but all I can say is WOW! Just WOW!
love.gif
I keep coming back to this thread to stare at your ring. My dream for my engagement ring, GOG diamond and Mark Morrell setting...just perfect. I must return to the pictures to continue drool...
9.gif

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much! Initially, I was nervous about going with a K, but I'm so glad I trusted Jonathan. I've always wanted a stone in this size range and I didn't want to sacrifice clarity, so the K is the only thing that made it possible for us to afford it. I was really starting to sweat it though, because my mom had an old european cut diamond that has a definite yellow tinge to it, and when I looked at the appraisal for that ring, the appraiser had it listed as a J! I was so relieved when I opened up the ring box and saw nothing but white with rainbow sparkles!

As far as diamonds go, I feel "complete" now! No more upgrades for me! I still love looking at everyone else's bling, though. It makes my husband very nervous! He asked me last night why I'm still looking at diamonds if I'm really finished. I told him my new hobby is just looking, not acquiring. I did tell him though that my next project will be to find a match for my old 1ct stone that this one replaced and make a pair of stud earrings. He understands in a way, because his hobby is collecting coins, and of course, he never feels that his collection is complete!
wink2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, Mrs Jam. That ring is awesome. It's huge.
Lovely, lovely. Congrats.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
That's a K?!?!?! Wow!!! I'm so jealous!
love.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
That is... simply.... stunning. Wow.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/21/2004 2:58:58 PM mrs jam wrote:

Thank you so much! Initially, I was nervous about going with a K, but I'm so glad I trusted Jonathan. I've always wanted a stone in this size range and I didn't want to sacrifice clarity, so the K is the only thing that made it possible for us to afford it. I was really starting to sweat it though, because my mom had an old european cut diamond that has a definite yellow tinge to it, and when I looked at the appraisal for that ring, the appraiser had it listed as a J! I was so relieved when I opened up the ring box and saw nothing but white with rainbow sparkles!

As far as diamonds go, I feel 'complete' now! No more upgrades for me! I still love looking at everyone else's bling, though. It makes my husband very nervous! He asked me last night why I'm still looking at diamonds if I'm really finished. I told him my new hobby is just looking, not acquiring. I did tell him though that my next project will be to find a match for my old 1ct stone that this one replaced and make a pair of stud earrings. He understands in a way, because his hobby is collecting coins, and of course, he never feels that his collection is complete!
wink2.gif
----------------

mrs jam
you said your husband collect's coins ,then tell him this ring is a MS-69,i love old U.S. coins.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
vtigger, he got a kick out of that! He's combing through his book of Morgan dollars as we speak. He tells me that coins are HIS bling.
twirl.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
What great arrows!
love.gif
I love the arrows.
9.gif

Feels so good to be free, doesn't it???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results