shape
carat
color
clarity

What do we think about this diamond?

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I understand that it reaches an acceptable HCA score but I’m not thrilled with the shallow pavilion and very deep crown.
If the feathers are clear and not surface breaking, they may not be too noticeable in person.
I do think it’s over priced for a SI2 though. Personally, I’d be on the hunt for a G VS2- G will still be near colorless, so unless you prioritize the icy look, I think you could find a better balance of color and clarity.

Stephaniekate9210

Rough_Rock
I understand that it reaches an acceptable HCA score but I’m not thrilled with the shallow pavilion and very deep crown.
If the feathers are clear and not surface breaking, they may not be too noticeable in person.
I do think it’s over priced for a SI2 though. Personally, I’d be on the hunt for a G VS2- G will still be near colorless, so unless you prioritize the icy look, I think you could find a better balance of color and clarity.

This is my current diamond thumbnail_cert.jpg

Which is the better stone?

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, are you stuck exchanging through JA?
I found this This one!
White, eye clean, within PS specs, hearts and arrows cut for about the same price.

Stephaniekate9210

Rough_Rock
Oh, are you stuck exchanging through JA?
I found this This one!
White, eye clean, within PS specs, hearts and arrows cut for about the same price.

yes through JA as im in Australia so buying online was a scary thought and also usd was very confusing for me and JA provided AUD pricing :)

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
yes through JA as im in Australia so buying online was a scary thought and also usd was very confusing for me and JA provided AUD pricing :)

Makes sense! I did a search, and their inventory seems low/expensive in the size you’re looking for. I’m not trying to call either of your selections bad, but neither are diamonds I would personally purchase.
It seriously took me three months, one return and one exchange before I found the right diamond for me, so maybe I’m needlessly picky:lol:
I hope one of our other members can swoop in with some good candidates!

Stephaniekate9210

Rough_Rock
Makes sense! I did a search, and their inventory seems low/expensive in the size you’re looking for. I’m not trying to call either of your selections bad, but neither are diamonds I would personally purchase.
It seriously took me three months, one return and one exchange before I found the right diamond for me, so maybe I’m needlessly picky:lol:
I hope one of our other members can swoop in with some good candidates!

I know what you mean! this will be my second swap if I do go ahead with it. :lol:

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I know what you mean! this will be my second swap if I do go ahead with it. :lol:

it’s so hard to find the right one! So many little differences- No exaggerating, I looked at about 1000 diamonds on RareCarat, and even questioned if I actually wanted a diamond because the decision started to feel stressful.
By the way, I misread the crown angle on your cert- I thought it said 36, not 35. Based off that, I like your first better, I just wish the inclusions weren’t dark.

Stephaniekate9210

Rough_Rock
it’s so hard to find the right one! So many little differences- No exaggerating, I looked at about 1000 diamonds on RareCarat, and even questioned if I actually wanted a diamond because the decision started to feel stressful.
By the way, I misread the crown angle on your cert- I thought it said 36, not 35. Based off that, I like your first better, I just wish the inclusions weren’t dark.

Yes that’s why I was leaning toward the more eye clean (hopefully) stone however if the performance is affected I think I’d rather the first stone it’s just so hard to know what’s right

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
My primary decision to buy a lab stone next is to get as much clarity as possible. I'd definitely look above SI1/2 even if it means going to 1.5ct or so. You wouldn't notice the size difference but it'll be lovely and clear :D

Stephaniekate9210

Rough_Rock
Ive decided to go with my original stone, its near perfect cut and id rather that than a smidge bigger size I think :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results