shape
carat
color
clarity

What did you get on a $7,500 budget?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brian2

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

Love the site - I stumbled upon it a couple weeks ago and I''ve already learned so much. Thanks to everyone for the helpful posts.

I''ve decided on a budget of approximately $7,500 for an engagement ring. I was just curious to see what others have got on a similar budget. Please provide details about the diamond and setting as well as the store or website where the purchase was made. Pictures would be great too.

Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 2:32:20 PM
Author:Brian2
Hi everyone,

Love the site - I stumbled upon it a couple weeks ago and I''ve already learned so much. Thanks to everyone for the helpful posts.

I''ve decided on a budget of approximately $7,500 for an engagement ring. I was just curious to see what others have got on a similar budget. Please provide details about the diamond and setting as well as the store or website where the purchase was made. Pictures would be great too.

Thanks!
Hi Brian and welcome!

If you would like, tell us what you are hoping for with your budget such as the size of the diamond you hope to get, your preferences as to colour and clarity, type of setting etc and how much you want to spend on the diamond itself and the setting, maybe we would suggest some diamonds and settings you might like?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto Lorelei.

I think as long as you aren''t looking for super high color and clarity, you can get an ''ideal cut'' round, or excellent fancy around 1 carat in a nice solitare for that budget, and depending on the metal, something other than a solitare as well.

What does she want?

Brian2

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the response.

Here are some general parameters:

Diamond:
Round
Size: 1.4 or above
Cut: Ideal or Excellent
Color: G-I
Clarity: SI1-SI2

Setting:
Solitaire, 4 prong, plain
Platinum

Not locked into these specs but they are a starting point.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 2:56:13 PM
Author: Brian2
Thanks for the response.

Here are some general parameters:

Diamond:
Round
Size: 1.4 or above
Cut: Ideal or Excellent
Color: G-I
Clarity: SI1-SI2

Setting:
Solitaire, 4 prong, plain
Platinum

Not locked into these specs but they are a starting point.
I don''t know if you can get 1.4cts for the budget with a GIA or AGS report with a great cut, but here are some suggestions you might consider which should leave enough over for the setting.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5356/

This one would take most of the budget just for the diamond but I thought I would post it anyway in case you had some flexibility.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5223/

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4585/

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1927926.htm#

With any SI clarities, check with the vendor that they are eyeclean to your standards.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I must have done the GOG search wrong. LOL. Good Finds Lorelei

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Well, $7500 was the budget for my center stone, and I got a 1.71 carat I SI2 (eyeclean) cushion (AGS lab). It actually faces up large and appears much whiter than an I. It was from BlueNile (see avatar).

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
What other people got for the same money is likely to be a little misleading when trying to figure out what you can expect to get for $7500. Prices change. Somebody buying a rock for $7500 in 1980 probably got something different from a buyer with the same budget in 2006. Diamond prices are going downhill along with the rest of the economy -- to the point where it''s front-page news on the New York Times online -- so what someone got a few months ago is probably a wee bit different from what you can get now.

Lorelei and Gypsy are right in that it''s more helpful to look at what is currently available for sale at or around that price. I''d recommend that approach.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 3:36:08 PM
Author: Gypsy
I must have done the GOG search wrong. LOL. Good Finds Lorelei
Thanks Hun!

Brian2

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the help Lorelei and Gypsy. You both found some great stones! I bookmarked several of them.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are serious about any of them, you should have them held while you ask questions. There have been several occassions where someone else has bought a stone posted here and the OP has to start their search over.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 9:33:35 AM
Author: Addy
If you are serious about any of them, you should have them held while you ask questions. There have been several occassions where someone else has bought a stone posted here and the OP has to start their search over.
Most welcome Brian!

And Addy has a good point, if you like any of those diamonds in particular it might be a good idea to pop it on hold to prevent lurker poaching.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results