shape
carat
color
clarity

What did you get at Barry's sale?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought the holly blue chalcedony and pink star quartz. The chalcedony has a fabulous lavender glow and the quartz is a beautiful delicate pink.

holly blue chalcedony.jpg

pink star quartz.jpg

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
oo, love the chalcedony in particular (I have a weakness for chalcedony)...!

I nabbed the heliodor and the smaller (still a very decent size) of his two Orissa garnets, as (early) birthday presents:

Should be with me by early next week :twirl:

(ETA: these plus my avatar show what a weakness I have for precision-cut rounds...! :lol: )

Barry Heliodore.jpg

Barry Orissa Garnet.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's my first chalcedony and I'm really impressed with it! I'm kind of new to cabs. They have so much charm!

Those stones are really pretty. The heliodor looks very bright-- looking forward to hearing what it's like irl. I have one heliodor and it's a beautiful shade of yellow, as well.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Natsplat, please put up pics of the heliodor when you receive it -- I kept looking at that one & chickened out of buying it. Dying to know what it's like IRL. Good buys, both of you!

--- Laurie

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Natsplat, I'd also like to see pics. I had some kind of technical difficulty that day - I kept hitting refresh, and it said the store was closed, then I hit refresh and clicked on the heliodore literally one second later and it was already sold! Glad it went to a PS member, though, so I can hopefully drool over more pictures of it. :naughty: I bought a tanga garnet that I've had my eye on for a little while. I was surprised it was still kicking around after a number of weeks.

tanga rhodolite BB.jpg

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak, NKOTB: I absolutely will! I'm thinking simple 8-prong 18k yg basket for a ring or pendant, with silver for the band/chain to keep costs down. I'm hoping it's as bright as it promises to be :loopy: Garnet thoughts: I will wait until LOGR does another auction listing on the rose gold bezel 6-prong ring setting (you know the one ;-) ) - one went last night for a very decent price, and I think the garnet will look quite high-end in that.

NKOTB: That tanga is gorgeous: I had no clue why it wasn't snapped up either. Bargain! What are your thoughts for it...? :twirl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stones ladies! I specially love Barry's ovals.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barry thought the picture made the stone look darker than it is, or maybe that it was a little smaller than most of his clients like? Anyway, I got lucky I guess, and I look forward to seeing it in person. As for setting it...Who knows? I need to stop buying stones first! :wacko:

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Oh natsplat & NKOTB, I was eyeing the heliodor and the tanga garnet too! But I dilly dallied too long and by the time I wanted to buy, they're gone! But I'm glad you guys bought them, because then I can get to see photos of them here. :)
I ended up getting Barry's green tourmaline cushion. I always found his cushion rather unique. This will be my first BB stone. So excited! :bigsmile:

BB_Tourmaline.jpg

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
happybear: I adore Barry's cushions too. Good choice - a very pretty green! I would love a large colour-change spinel in one of his cushion cuts *dreams*

NKOTB: I reckon it'll be a beaut. Barry's photos always leave room for a nice surprise when one gets them home. I feel you on the whole buying-loads-of-gems thing :oops: I have to date only set one, and have seven waiting :oops: But the plans! - oh, the plans...! ;-)

happybear

Shiny_Rock
I asked Barry about the color of the tourmaline (after I purchased the stone b'cos I was afraid someone else will snap it up) and he assured me it'll look better than the picture. In fact, he said he would have cried if the cushion looks like the photo! :cheeky:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
:lol: Barry's so funny! Well, if he wept at that pretty colour, then you will have an absolutely stunning tourm fall on your doorstep very soon! Congratulations! :appl:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB, that tanga garnet is beautiful. I love Barry's supernovas and I'm looking forward to your pictures of this one. I have one of his round red garnets but can't for the life of me remember what kind it is :confused: . But it's a very pretty pink-red!

Happybear, very pretty greens in the tourmaline cushion!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahem, pictures anyone????

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
NKOTB, I was eyeing that one for a while but kept holding off because I had bought a round Tanga garnet of pretty much the same color last year. I'd love to see pics!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Mine arrived and are gorgeous: the heliodore is a stunner! But they've been swept up to be wrapped as birthday presents, so no in-hand pics yet, I'm afraid. NKOTB?: I'd love to see that Tanga...! :naughty:

happybear

Shiny_Rock
I'm still waiting for the postman to deliver the package :knockout:
I reckon it will take another week before it reaches me :((

I will post an update once Mr Postman comes a knocking! :wavey:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I don't get as much time to do this stuff between baby's cat naps and older (but still small) kids home from daycare/school. I also am slightly embarrassed about my pics compared to others (all of mine tend to look the same, because I basically just run out to the back yard when I get a chance). Okay, disclaimers and excuses aside, here are a few shots of the garnet. It's one of the prettiest garnets I've seen in person.

2011_08_27 028.jpg

2011_08_27 030.jpg

2011_08_27 031.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to see all of these stones set!!

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse|1312899028|2987154 said:
I bought the holly blue chalcedony and pink star quartz. The chalcedony has a fabulous lavender glow and the quartz is a beautiful delicate pink.

the star quartz is so pretty! what do you plan to do with it? it would look amazing in a simple pendant. :)

i totally forgot about barry's sale. major fail!! :(

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
NKOTB, lovely gem! :appl: I would also like to know more about the ring in your picture, it's gorgeous!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous NKOTB :love: The flashes in it are just yummy, and I love Barry's Supernova :)
My photos are always samey too; there aren't many places i can take them :oops:

happybear

Shiny_Rock
I received my cushion last week. The faceting, as expected, is exquisite. The tone seems to be a little dark though. Nevertheless, I'm keeping the stone. :)

Oh, and on the last day of the sale, I pulled the trigger for his round brilliant as well. Barry says this will be lighter than the cushion.

BB_Cushion1.JPG

BB_RB.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results