shape
carat
color
clarity

What did I just see?

aliasx

Rough_Rock
Hello again folks,

As you know I purchased a diamond online through Ritani who sent me all the computer based Sarin reports.

I took the diamond to their Partner jewellers yesterday wanting to look at it under idealscope which they told me they had.

When I got to the store, the IS did not look likr the holloway tool? They showed it to me under some kind of a cylinderical tool, first showing me the hearts patterns and then the arrow patterns.

I asked for IS for to assess light leakage but they said they did not have anything like that.

While I was looking at the arrows I could somewhatdifferences in colour as I would under the IS. I could see some leakage in the table.

But now I am confused. The tool they used could it have been showing me light patterns like the IS? If so, then I can assume thst t
he diamond infact is losing light under the table.

Specs are 6.21 x 6.24 x 3.8, SI1, H
Table 57%, depth 61%, crown/pav 33.5%/40.8%.

I need to find someone with an IS in Toronto .. I am now doubtful.

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
You saw a hearts and arrows viewer.

I don't know what the rules are for linking blog postings from other websites, but if you google "hearts and arrows vs idealscope" you'll find some quick info.

aliasx

Rough_Rock
Oh, okay.

Thank you, that's some relief. I will read about it and find someone with an IS here in Toronto.

Apologies for the double posts mods.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi aliasx,

No assessment on light return can be made from the hearts and arrows viewer. Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results