shape
carat
color
clarity

What color would you put in here?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is one of the settings I really love, and I''m trying to decide between an old cut diamond, or an old cut colored stone. I don''t have a *favorite* color. I browsed some sites today and saw some pretty lighter colored garnets and sapphires, but I have a hard time picturing what they would look like in that ring. Are there certain colors I should steer away from w/this setting?

CM1130.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally like lighter saturated stones in bezels.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
GREAT setting! do you mind sharing details about it?

i agree with TL...maybe a light pink, blue, or a minty green would look nice.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Do you have a gold color preference? For yellow, I''d say something pink or lavendar, but for white, light blues or minty greens (I think the latter two would look awesome in rose gold too).

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME SETTING.....

Lori

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
My first thought was pink/red or bright green. But if you''re looking for something light how about yellow?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Yes, a golden yellow!
36.gif

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think that a mint/light green color would look good with the ring. If you did want something a little bit louder, I would go with a red or dark pink.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Well, with a white gold bezel I'd eliminate anything dark (dark blue, dark red, dark purple...) as it will appear almost black.Which color(s) do you wear the most? Are there some which you think suit you more than others due to your skin complection, hair/eye color etc.? I'd start from there.

Personally, in such a "curvy" ring, I'd set something gentle like pastel yellow, pink, minty etc., depending on the look you'd like to achieve.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 3:44:46 AM
Author: ma re
Well, with a white gold bezel I''d eliminate anything dark (dark blue, dark red, dark purple...) as it will appear almost black.Which color(s) do you wear the most? Are there some which you think suit you more than others due to your skin complection, hair/eye color etc.? I''d start from there.

Personally, in such a ''curvy'' ring, I''d set something gentle like pastel yellow, pink, minty etc., depending on the look you''d like to achieve.
Ditto! I''d go more on the pastel side. But other than that, choose the color you love!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a big fan of the peachy-pink color.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! It''s a Caleb Meyer #1130. I got hand shots from Stephanie there of 2 other ones, so I think I''ll bother her again to see if she can send some of that one. (the email said one of them was #1130 but it wasn''t-it didn''t have the tapering into the bezel)

I''ve got 2 other pictures from his website I''ll post! And, when I sent them an email and asked prices, I thought for SURE I was going to have to scratch this one off my list..but guess what? It''s $700!!! Can you believe it???

I''m not sure if they''ll accept gems from outside sources, b/c they only use their own diamonds..I''ll just have to ask I guess!

I was thinking about light blue, lavender or light green..minty or otherwise..I never thought about light yellow-would that be too much yellow in a gold setting?

I''m fair complected-blonde/blue eyes, and I think I gravitate more towards paler colors in my wardrobe..I''ve got dark/bright dramatic colors in the house and in our landscaping.

I''m being hounded to go grab lunch so I must skedaddle!

Caleb Meyer 1130.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
oops here it is

CM1130profile.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring. I would go for something like an aqua, minty green tourmaline or garnet or light pink spinel or sapphire.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d go with something that is pastel which would darken up a but when set. Since the bezel is white, you can go for "cold" tones; pink, green, and such.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does it matter if it''s garnet, spinel or sapphire, or would they all be equally fine to choose from, and do equally well w/chunkier facets? I went to some sites yesterday and saved pictures of colors I like..I think it might come down to eeney meeney miney mo. I found some green sapphire colors, a mint garnet, and a couple blues and lavenders. At this point I''m leaning towards green or lavender.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Well, all you have to do is ask yourself which of the color combos sounds best for your desired ring;

- yellow/white/mint
- yellow/white/lavender
- yellow/white/light blue

The first one sounds a bit "fruity", the second one "floraly", and the third one...skyish (colors of the sun and the clear sky?). See, it''s THAT simple
9.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 1:02:20 PM
Well, all you have to do is ask yourself which of the color combos sounds best for your desired ring;

- yellow/white/mint

- yellow/white/lavender

- yellow/white/light blue

The first one sounds a bit ''fruity'', the second one ''floraly'', and the third one...skyish (colors of the sun and the clear sky?). See, it''s THAT simple
9.gif
You know, that does make it easier when you put it that way..I don''t so much want fruity tooty, but I do love flowers and the outdoors.

What if the green was more green than minty? Is this color too dark?

Tgem-220615a.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I certainly don''t think it''s too dark, but I wonder if it would be green enough. I have a feeling that such a stone, once set in white metal, would look more grey than green.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah..I never thought about that! Would it be better to decide on a color and then contact a couple places and ask them what would work best?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn''t look very green on my monitor - the gray undertone seems to overpower the green.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think a pink will look gorgeous.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 4:28:50 PM
Author: Chrono
It doesn''t look very green on my monitor - the gray undertone seems to overpower the green.
Same... kind of olivey gray.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 3:45:25 PM
Author: packrat
Ah..I never thought about that! Would it be better to decide on a color and then contact a couple places and ask them what would work best?
Well, once you decide on a color (if that ever happens
9.gif
), we can help you find out which stones are available in that shade. Then you can start calling the shops and browsing their stock.

P. S. I''d put something that feels light and gentle in there - something lavender. Minty stones set in white metal very often turn grey as their color is too weak to "stand up" (except maybe garnets or vanadium chrysoberyls).

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 3:10:34 AM
Date: 4/19/2009 3:45:25 PM

Author: packrat

Well, once you decide on a color (if that ever happens
9.gif
), we can help you find out which stones are available in that shade. Then you can start calling the shops and browsing their stock.

P. S. I''d put something that feels light and gentle in there - something lavender. Minty stones set in white metal very often turn grey as their color is too weak to ''stand up'' (except maybe garnets or vanadium chrysoberyls).

Hahaha I know, I''m so slow aren''t I? I never gave much thought to the platinum bezel affecting how the color of a stone would look..I was too busy thinking of the ring itself being yellow.

I will have to agree you w/Ma Re about lavender! JD and I made a run to the city yesterday and I yammered on about my search and we talked about colors..most of our flowers outside are yellow and shades of purple. Most of my tattoos have yellow and purple. That seems to be a color combination I''m really drawn to..and thank you for the kick in the pants to push me to see it!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous! I love bezels that just go around the girdle, leaving the rest of the stone appearent.

I think lavender would work well, and so would a medium blue. What size would you need the stone to be?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
My finger is normally a 4..currently a 4.25. A carat or so?? I''m not really sure! I want it to be nice sized, but not ginormous haha!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ginormous is a relative term - I''ve seen some size 3 fingers with 3 ct stones and those ladies feel the size is just right.
11.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
How much wear would this stone have to go through? That''s also important, cause an e-ring stone worn daily has to be much more durable than something worn occasionally. An idea of your maximum budget for the stone would also give us some pointers.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results