shape
carat
color
clarity

What color side stones for Blue Sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock

This weekend I’m going to either set my 8mm blue cushion sapphire or buy an eternity band w/ sapphires in it – I haven’t decided yet.

If I do set my sapphire, I want diamond traps on the sides, however I’m afraid it may be out of my price range.

What other stones would look nice witha sapphire? I have a pic on here somehwhere, but I can’t find it – but I have psoted it on the boar before – if you are motivated enough you can take a peek at it. If not ,just your opinion – what color ,besides white, would look good?

Thanks! - feel free to psot examples :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How dark is your sapphire? What about light purple?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Depending on your preferences either pink or purple or peridot green could look nice. But if you really want that blue/white look why don''t you use colorless beryls or zircons instead of diamonds?

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
ooo li like the idea of light yellow!!

YOUR SAPPHIRE IS JUST GORGEOUS!!

nothing beats white and blue though.... maybe white zircon like kismet said

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Adam, do you want me to photoshop it, how fat you see your traps should be? Also do you mind yellow gold?

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
wow - sure, i would love it if you photoshopped it!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Two half moons or pears. I''ve been drooling over the three stone combos by Leon Mage... and those are the two that look the most amazing, IMO with cushion as beautiful as yours.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would do another shade of blue... more sapphires!! Lighter or darker depending on the color of your center stone.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I made your stone into side trillions settings for now, one Adam''s color, one Cehra''s.
If i find nice traps for your sapphire''s beautiful shape i''ll re-make them.

SappYellowBl.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2007 4:58:11 PM
Author: Pricescope
I made your stone into side trillions settings for now, one Adam''s color, one Cehra''s.
Oooh, nice job Irina!!!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d save until I could get the side traps or either a split shank. Seriously, sapphires need white diamond accents, IMO...nothing is more beautiful than that!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of pale pink or pale yellow sapphires. if they are cut well and clear they could really sparkle. What about tiny opals? I guess that it would be hard to find them in that shape though.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
damn, you are SO talented!!!!! I like the double blue but only because the yellow and blue were my school colors and it makes me think "go chargers!" hehe They''re both really nice - it''s actually nice to see something other than diamonds!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the one with the baby blue sides!! It''s a stunning mockup!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
I am actually thinking about doing two colorless sapphires with my Montana blue sapphire. It would be a true sapphire ring! Perhaps the same would work with your lovely cushion...

1.gif

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Good`news!~I found traps and`a setting at a very reasonable price! The traps are .26 each, h,si. I''ll have the finished ring in 2 weeks - will post as soon as it comes in.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2007 12:21:43 AM
Author: treysar
Good`news!~I found traps and`a setting at a very reasonable price! The traps are .26 each, h,si. I''ll have the finished ring in 2 weeks - will post as soon as it comes in.
Awesome, can''t wait to see it. I know it''s going to be an amazing ring, well deserved!!!!
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2007 12:29:02 AM
Author: Kaleigh

Awesome, can''t wait to see it. I know it''s going to be an amazing ring, well deserved!!!!
1.gif
Ditto! How exciting!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
another vote for baby blue sides....if sparkly.

movie zombie

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to quote what I was replying to! LOL

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GREAT! I think this will be best.

Lovely Sapphire I''m glad you''re going to get it set.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results