shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@KaeKae I LOVE this pretty nude pink color. Do you happen to know the shade name? Thanks!!

No, I'm sorry!
The best I can tell you us it's a shade of gel polish by Perfect Match.
I do keep a record of the polishes I try and like at the salon, but the numbers are what the salon labels them, not what's on the bottle.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do any of you ladies find that when re-ordering a favourite colour, that sometimes it's a teeny different shade? My staple winter colour has been Essie Chinchilly (thanks to @bananabrains who wears it in her avatar) & I've had a couple of bottles absolutely fine. The bottle I recieved this week definitely doesn't have that slight irridesence that the others have, which is a barely perceptible pinky undertone. This new bottle is a flat colour.

Urgh! I'm sure it looks absolutely NO different to anybody around me, but to me it really does.

tenshix

Rough_Rock
Do any of you ladies find that when re-ordering a favourite colour, that sometimes it's a teeny different shade? My staple winter colour has been Essie Chinchilly (thanks to @bananabrains who wears it in her avatar) & I've had a couple of bottles absolutely fine. The bottle I recieved this week definitely doesn't have that slight irridesence that the others have, which is a barely perceptible pinky undertone. This new bottle is a flat colour.

Urgh! I'm sure it looks absolutely NO different to anybody around me, but to me it really does.

Oh this is so strange! I only have one bottle of Essie Chinchilly (also one of my favorites) but mine is flat, no iridescence/sparkle. Does your new bottle look like this?

DFB8A666-710F-443C-96B0-5F38349FA471.jpeg

2B2

Rough_Rock
@Alex T New here so hopefully you don’t mind jumping in. For years I’ve used chinchilly and it’s always been flat.

hedgehog93

Rough_Rock
I recently bought 3 Essie nudes in preparation for my upcoming proposal - Ballet Slippers, Fairy Tailor and Mademoiselle. Love seeing everyone’s manis!

bananabrains

Rough_Rock
Oh this is so strange! I only have one bottle of Essie Chinchilly (also one of my favorites) but mine is flat, no iridescence/sparkle. Does your new bottle look like this?

Funny you should mention this. I of course have had about 7 bottles of Chinchilly over the years, because it's one of my favorite colors. I've had a lot of inconsistency in the shade, bottle to bottle. Most of the bottles have no iridescence, which is fine for me, because I prefer solid/flat shades. BUT, I've had some bottles that look absolutely lavender on, and some look more muddy grey. I have been known to order bottles online (amazon) here and there, and I have noticed some seem more watery, so I wonder if thinners have been added. I now try to buy them at the drug stores in town and only if they don't look separated when they've been sitting there (not shaken first). Essie seems to have gone down in quality.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
no motivation to paint my nails I am doing so much home cooking and washing hands that it all just comes off anyway. @ecf8503 you have the prettiest nail polish's!!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Excited today as we had a nail polish delivery . First up is Saldana by Zoya. I was hoping for more blueness and I’m wishing I was more tanned. I put something totally different on my toes which looks better but nobody wants to see that :lol:
421849C4-7649-47EF-8CBD-A63D6E66D11E.jpeg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I’m doing my own nails now with the pandemic, I like buying the small size kits to have more of a selection but less waste and money spent. (And I found out Target has 2 day shipping).

I just bought the OPI neo-pearl sample kit of 4. This is the greenish color. I didn’t clean up the edges because I’ve been redoing my garden and really just wanted to try out this color. It’s hard to photograph because it changes colors a lot.

This is two coats of the polish.
D58A12BE-9229-474A-989E-93FF9EC87FDD.jpeg

037CF0B6-8677-4A2C-9EFE-1314E1D21BCE.jpeg

C4DEF5E4-93B0-47B7-BCB9-90FDF7B6D2B3.jpeg

70B43B84-541B-4419-801F-96D6E32AC94C.jpeg

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
F81A66D0-F4E3-428F-A9E0-D88ABA1F0A37.png EB5F7E4F-6572-48FD-B15C-1AA4CFDD0D33.jpeg

Queen of the Galaxy. Brand is GelMoment. I added another thin coat, to the eye it looked even but in pics I could see thin spots. It’s dark people with purple and violet tiny glitter. I adore it’s dark and bright at the same time.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_1553.JPG

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So sorry - I have only just seen your reply & i have no idea why I wasn't notified? But yes, my bottle looks the same as this one. I have got used to the flat colour & it's still my winter staple. Spooky that I should be visiting this thread now, as I was thinking during this last week of the school term that when we go back after this break, it'll be time to put the pale pinks away & crack open the Chinchilly!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results