Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity
  • PriceScope will be conducting a server maintenance April 13th about @ 1 am CST.

It will includes bug fixes, and security updates.
    If all goes well, the forum should only be down for about 3 hour.
    We apologize for any inconvenience.

What color polish are you rocking right now?

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@KaeKae I LOVE this pretty nude pink color. Do you happen to know the shade name? Thanks!!
No, I'm sorry!
The best I can tell you us it's a shade of gel polish by Perfect Match.
I do keep a record of the polishes I try and like at the salon, but the numbers are what the salon labels them, not what's on the bottle.

Alex T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do any of you ladies find that when re-ordering a favourite colour, that sometimes it's a teeny different shade? My staple winter colour has been Essie Chinchilly (thanks to @bananabrains who wears it in her avatar) & I've had a couple of bottles absolutely fine. The bottle I recieved this week definitely doesn't have that slight irridesence that the others have, which is a barely perceptible pinky undertone. This new bottle is a flat colour.

Urgh! I'm sure it looks absolutely NO different to anybody around me, but to me it really does.

tenshix

Rough_Rock
Do any of you ladies find that when re-ordering a favourite colour, that sometimes it's a teeny different shade? My staple winter colour has been Essie Chinchilly (thanks to @bananabrains who wears it in her avatar) & I've had a couple of bottles absolutely fine. The bottle I recieved this week definitely doesn't have that slight irridesence that the others have, which is a barely perceptible pinky undertone. This new bottle is a flat colour.

Urgh! I'm sure it looks absolutely NO different to anybody around me, but to me it really does.
Oh this is so strange! I only have one bottle of Essie Chinchilly (also one of my favorites) but mine is flat, no iridescence/sparkle. Does your new bottle look like this?

DFB8A666-710F-443C-96B0-5F38349FA471.jpeg

2B2

Rough_Rock
@Alex T New here so hopefully you don’t mind jumping in. For years I’ve used chinchilly and it’s always been flat.

hedgehog93

Rough_Rock
I recently bought 3 Essie nudes in preparation for my upcoming proposal - Ballet Slippers, Fairy Tailor and Mademoiselle. Love seeing everyone’s manis!

bananabrains

Rough_Rock
Oh this is so strange! I only have one bottle of Essie Chinchilly (also one of my favorites) but mine is flat, no iridescence/sparkle. Does your new bottle look like this?

DFB8A666-710F-443C-96B0-5F38349FA471.jpeg
Funny you should mention this. I of course have had about 7 bottles of Chinchilly over the years, because it's one of my favorite colors. I've had a lot of inconsistency in the shade, bottle to bottle. Most of the bottles have no iridescence, which is fine for me, because I prefer solid/flat shades. BUT, I've had some bottles that look absolutely lavender on, and some look more muddy grey. I have been known to order bottles online (amazon) here and there, and I have noticed some seem more watery, so I wonder if thinners have been added. I now try to buy them at the drug stores in town and only if they don't look separated when they've been sitting there (not shaken first). Essie seems to have gone down in quality.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.