shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tiffany blue with party sparkles! I have always resisted blue, even though I do all kinds of other bright colors. But now that I took the plunge, I love the color! Had a fun week - cut my hair into a dramatic style, bleached my ends blonde, and now smurferrific nails.

Can someone say identity crisis, lol?

littlebluenails2.jpg

littlebluenails.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ericad|1398492003|3660435 said:
Tiffany blue with party sparkles! I have always resisted blue, even though I do all kinds of other bright colors. But now that I took the plunge, I love the color! Had a fun week - cut my hair into a dramatic style, bleached my ends blonde, and now smurferrific nails.

Can someone say identity crisis, lol?

Where do I begin? OMG that ring is :love: :love: :love:
and your nail polish is lovely. Love the blue with the sparkles. :appl:
But you're a tease because now I am dying to see your new short do. I'm love dramatic short hairdos and covet one for myself if only I had the facial features for it!

_17357.jpg

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Missy!

The ring: It's my new personal piece - a 2.32ct OEC, GIA K, but looks soooooo white in this setting! In a Sholdt pave semi bezel with some Sholdt stacking bands. I'm obsessed! The OEC is so neat - no visible flower at all. Just a tiny table that breaks the facets up into big checkerboardy blocks that dance around. The light play and colors are amazing and I ADORE it!

The hair: Sorry for the threadjack, but here are some pics! Shown straight and curly using my DD's deep waving iron.

_17405.jpg

vivatheeighties.jpg

curlz.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ericad|1398549749|3660821 said:
Thanks Missy!

The ring: It's my new personal piece - a 2.32ct OEC, GIA K, but looks soooooo white in this setting! In a Sholdt pave semi bezel with some Sholdt stacking bands. I'm obsessed! The OEC is so neat - no visible flower at all. Just a tiny table that breaks the facets up into big checkerboardy blocks that dance around. The light play and colors are amazing and I ADORE it!

The hair: Sorry for the threadjack, but here are some pics! Shown straight and curly using my DD's deep waving iron.

Erica, thank you so much for your hair pics! G :love: rgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I love it. The color, the cut and it looks amazing (both ways) on you. :appl:
And wow on your new ring. SO beautiful. :love:

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks! Two trends I vowed I'd never do: inverted bob and hombre hair, lol. Oh well. It's fun, and I think the lighter hair brightens me up, though it does wash me out a little. I may need to start wearing lipstick. Ugh, I detest lipstick.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh boy, this thread took a dangerous turn :bigsmile:. Erica, I :love: :love: :love: that Sholdt semi-bezel. Are trade members allowed to do SMTB posts on their own pieces? I'd love to see lots more pictures of the stone and setting.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
baby monster|1398556609|3660891 said:
Oh boy, this thread took a dangerous turn :bigsmile:. Erica, I :love: :love: :love: that Sholdt semi-bezel. Are trade members allowed to do SMTB posts on their own pieces? I'd love to see lots more pictures of the stone and setting.

No, but I have tons of pics and would be happy to email you some!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For my birthday today hubby sent me for a mani/pedi!!!!
Essie "come here"

_17422.jpg

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Erica,

I love both the hair and the nails :)

Aprilbaby,

Happy birthday!

I'm wearing Essie "Got Engaged'!", but PS wouldn't let me post pictures :(

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ericad|1398550266|3660832 said:
Thanks! Two trends I vowed I'd never do: inverted bob and hombre hair, lol. Oh well. It's fun, and I think the lighter hair brightens me up, though it does wash me out a little. I may need to start wearing lipstick. Ugh, I detest lipstick.

Erica,
Try purple lipstick. You will think "WTF TRENDY EW" and lump it with the inverted bob and ombre trends in your mind... but it's seriously amazing. You'd look amazing in it.

A deeper purply-pink. Mmmm.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
madelise|1398573221|3661042 said:

Erica,
Try purple lipstick. You will think "WTF TRENDY EW" and lump it with the inverted bob and ombre trends in your mind... but it's seriously amazing. You'd look amazing in it.

I'll try, Madelise! I just hate the feeling of lipstick, but I used to wear it all the time so I could get used to it again.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I skipped the Zoya sale and got these RBL beauties for Mother's Day :love:

_17440.jpg

_17441.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ericad|1398604904|3661162 said:
madelise|1398573221|3661042 said:

Erica,

I'll try, Madelise! I just hate the feeling of lipstick, but I used to wear it all the time so I could get used to it again.

I hate anything on my smackers, but I find lipstick is more bearable than gloss. I love matte lipsticks. I'm still on the hunt for a beautiful matte purple.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite|1398620632|3661290 said:
So pretty! Let's see them on :Up_to_something:

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster|1398622799|3661310 said:
Kunzite|1398620632|3661290 said:
So pretty! Let's see them on :Up_to_something:

If you insist! I just snapped this with the alphabet loving LO.

RBL Insouciant. I topped it with BL Leccy after a few days because it was starting to chip.

_17444.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a pretty color. Grey-brown-purple-y. Mmmm. I love neutrals.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A England. Her Rose Adagio.

20140428_085002-1.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to see that Mint green Zoya on!

And thanks for the birthday wishes!!!!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
madelise, I can't resist a good purple/gray. I currently love Contrary Polish Purple Smoke.

BM, we're on the same wavelength! I wore Her Rose Adagio twice this month, which I rarely do, and immediately decided I HAD to own Princess Tears and Rose Bower too!

RBL Fire Queen

_17486.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite, I have rose bower and it's gorgeous. Such amazing polish. I need to get more colors. How's wear time and formula on RBL?

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
Ok I have to know….. what makes a polish worth $20? I often find the $6 OPI, China Glaze Essie are pretty nice… what is different about RBL?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Librarychickie, I like both of these but that holo super pretty. How's the wear time on these brands?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
librarychickie.. I'm jealous at how smooth your application looks, and how clean your cuticles are despite not having a large gap like some people who acetone-clean a gap there! HOW DO YOU DO IT?

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
baby monster|1399036110|3665010 said:
Librarychickie, I like both of these but that holo super pretty. How's the wear time on these brands?

I've worn Cult Nails for about two years now, and I've had great wear time with them. I can go at least four days without any tip wear, and I use my hands (in a library) all day long.

I just bought my first Cirque polishes, so I really can't attest to their wear time.

This was my first holo polish, and it seemed to dry very quickly -- almost too quickly. I had to work fast to get the polish on before it dried. I don't know if that's a common feature of holo polishes or not. The other Cirque that I used was a regular shimmer, and it went on like butter.

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1399065984|3665256 said:
librarychickie.. I'm jealous at how smooth your application looks, and how clean your cuticles are despite not having a large gap like some people who acetone-clean a gap there! HOW DO YOU DO IT?

LOL! I've had years of practice! I change my polish at least three times a week. I've just gotten really good at getting the polish right up to my cuticle line. I do mess up some, so I clean up with a brush and acetone. I've got a very thin, flat brush. Maybe that's my trick? I got it in the paint dept of Michaels.

Also, using quality polish makes a difference, too. Some of the better brands practically apply themselves.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
librarychickie|1399077488|3665338 said:

LOL! I've had years of practice! I change my polish at least three times a week. I've just gotten really good at getting the polish right up to my cuticle line. I do mess up some, so I clean up with a brush and acetone. I've got a very thin, flat brush. Maybe that's my trick? I got it in the paint dept of Michaels.

Also, using quality polish makes a difference, too. Some of the better brands practically apply themselves.

You use your own brush instead of the one in the bottle? Oooohhhh... I've had one where I loved it's brush!! It was wide, flat, and had a small curve on the corners. It took two swipes to cover the whole nail.

I may just have to look for a paintbrush like it!
Do you have recs on what types of brushes? They make so many kinds!

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1399078131|3665341 said:
librarychickie|1399077488|3665338 said:

You use your own brush instead of the one in the bottle? Oooohhhh... I've had one where I loved it's brush!! It was wide, flat, and had a small curve on the corners. It took two swipes to cover the whole nail.

I may just have to look for a paintbrush like it!
Do you have recs on what types of brushes? They make so many kinds!

No, I don't use my own brush for the polish. (That made me giggle!) I use my own brush for the clean up with the acetone. The brush I use for clean up is very small and thin. When I get home later today, I'll post a picture of the one I use.

Personally, I love, love, love the wide brushes from Dior, Lancome, and YSL polishes. Their brushes combined with their formulas make applying the polish easy peasy. But, those polishes are expensive. Yikes!

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Here are a couple of pictures of my clean up brush. Again, it's just a paint brush from Michael's. I just played around with a few of them, practicing until I found the one that works for me. I also considered a similar one with an angled head.

I believe this one is about 1/8 inch wide.

_17664.jpg

_17665.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results