shape
carat
color
clarity

What color polish are you rocking right now?

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
I'm wearing RBL Cerise Noir.

_15997.jpg

_15999.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful librarychickie! I went on got the Butter London polish. Love it!

_16004.jpg

_16005.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
texaskj|1390867251|3602351 said:
Gah, my ipod photos are the worst!
China Glaze Long Kiss
It's a little darker with some more brown than OPI I'm Not Really a Waitress.
And my Christmas present. It was one of Blue Nile's Black Friday deals.

And this might be my new FAVORITE color. Off to see if it is on amazon!!! So pretty Texaskj!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone tried the Sally Hansen version of gel polish (for LED lights)? I just noticed yesterday they now carry it at CVS and I wonder if it's any good.

I've got this wacky lilac color on right now that I alternately love and hate. My best friend said I'm channeling my inner 13 year old girl!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1395237443|3637234 said:
Has anyone tried the Sally Hansen version of gel polish (for LED lights)? I just noticed yesterday they now carry it at CVS and I wonder if it's any good.

I've got this wacky lilac color on right now that I alternately love and hate. My best friend said I'm channeling my inner 13 year old girl!

I have a nice blue from SH. I like it, it reminds me of IBD in terms of formula :)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cozy, did you find it to go on a lot thinner than other brands? Do you think the color changes after a few days? And do you think it wears as well as other brands? Those are the most common notes I took out of the reviews (of course I didn't read them until AFTER I bought the polish -- ha!).

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1395239553|3637255 said:
Cozy, did you find it to go on a lot thinner than other brands? Do you think the color changes after a few days? And do you think it wears as well as other brands? Those are the most common notes I took out of the reviews (of course I didn't read them until AFTER I bought the polish -- ha!).

No, I didn't find it thinner it seemed average. As for wearability, well if I wore any polish for more than a week, I could tell you :oops: I've used it for more of an accent (so I did cool stripes with lots of colors and that was one color). Sorry I can't be more helpful. I'm changing polish today, but going for a fancy french mani for my sister's wedding on Sat. :D

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1395198446|3636998 said:
Beautiful librarychickie! I went on got the Butter London polish. Love it!
Great colors AprilBaby and librarychickie. So pretty.

My office is doing Go Red for Women drive this week to support American Health Association so I had to switch from green to reddest red I own.

OPI. An Affair in Red Square.

20140319_112158-1_1_.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my outfit change of the week. I've been dying to find the perfect shade of teal, and found a few opaque glittery ones like the one on my accent nail. It took forever to find the actual flat polish. It's one of the Milani ones at the drugstore. Going to CVS is dangerous for my wallet-- I always walk out with a new polish or two!

_15528.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
madelise|1395250376|3637380 said:
Here's my outfit change of the week. I've been dying to find the perfect shade of teal, and found a few opaque glittery ones like the one on my accent nail. It took forever to find the actual flat polish. It's one of the Milani ones at the drugstore. Going to CVS is dangerous for my wallet-- I always walk out with a new polish or two!

I like the glittery polish. The contrast between that and the flat color looks good too. :))

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
madelise|1395120085|3636246 said:
If you want to use a gel top coat, you need to make sure every layer of your polish is dry underneath. Which means, wait a full day. The polish won't be able to dry properly underneath a cured gel layer.

I use Harmony Gelish, and yes you need a UV or LED lamp.

It's a bit of a PITA, though, so I mostly just use Seche Vite quick dry top coat. It's just as shiny as gel polish, and it lasts quite a long time. It dries in a minute, and dries all the polish underneath properly, too.

Thanks for the info. I don't have a UV or LED lamp (unless my DH has one in the garage - lol)...but I do have Seche Vite...guess I'll try that out with the new Essie polish. I could buy a lamp for gel polish or I could buy a couple new bottles of polish and with my natural desire for lots of pretty colors means I'll probably opt for polishes instead! :D

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone,

I use the Gelish Gel topcoat and I have a UV light that I bought from Amazon for around $26.

I only wait 20 minutes for my nails to dry, then put a very thin layer of gel top coat. I put each hand inside for one minute and it dries right away. Then I take an alcohol pad and wipe off the residue.

I like doing it this way bc gel polish is expensive and I don't like the the time it takes to take it off. Plus, I can now use all of my nail polish instead of just gels.

This lasts for a week or more and then I use a white buffer to buff off the gel top coat and regular nail polish to remove the rest.

I've never waited a full day to apply the gel top coat bc by then it would have chipped off the edges already. Sometimes I will take a blow dryer on cool setting to dry in between coats. But that's only if I have a lot of time, which I usually don't.

I've used Seche Vite a lot. I am a licensed manicurist and that is the only topcoat I used at my old job. Always worked so amazing!
But I don't like how it thickens up so fast in the bottle though and if you don't put it on right, like not covering up all the nail polish, it shrinks away and leaves a noticeable ridge where it is missing.

Lately, I've been using Orly and CND sticky basecoat and Orly no chip
Top coat.

The best basecoat/ topcoat I've ever used for regular nail polish is Mystic Nails brand.
Unfortunately they no longer make that product but it was amazing and made nail polish last for over a week.

Dior did come out with a Gel top coat that doesn't require a UV light but I don't know if it works or not.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi DeeJay!

I know someone who uses this and her nails always look amazing. The LED light dries much faster than the UV light but Sally Hansen's light allows for only four fingers at a time and you have to dry the thumbs seperately.

LED lights allow for less drying time but the ones that allow whole hand insertion costs a lot more.

The mains benefits of the LEd light would be the faster drying time, no exposure to UV, and you never have to change the light bulbs.

One thing to note is that certain brands of gels can only use the LED lights and not the UV lights. I don't remember if Sally Hansen's can use both or not. I think I chose UV bc more brands can be used with it.

Lastly, if you want to buy it, try Amazon. It is considerably cheaper than at CVS. And you can always return it if you don't like it and their return shipping process is pretty painless.

Edited to add that UV lights are definitely cheaper but the bulbs die fast.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butter London on sale today at Ulta 2/$15!!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butterfly17|1395283949|3637693 said:

Hi DeeJay!

I know someone who uses this and her nails always look amazing. The LED light dries much faster than the UV light but Sally Hansen's light allows for only four fingers at a time and you have to dry the thumbs seperately.

LED lights allow for less drying time but the ones that allow whole hand insertion costs a lot more.

The mains benefits of the LEd light would be the faster drying time, no exposure to UV, and you never have to change the light bulbs.

One thing to note is that certain brands of gels can only use the LED lights and not the UV lights. I don't remember if Sally Hansen's can use both or not. I think I chose UV bc more brands can be used with it.

Lastly, if you want to buy it, try Amazon. It is considerably cheaper than at CVS. And you can always return it if you don't like it and their return shipping process is pretty painless.

Edited to add that UV lights are definitely cheaper but the bulbs die fast.

Butterfly, I actually just retired my UV light for an LED light a few months ago. Mine is bigger though and I can fit my entire hand in there, thumbs included. I can also do both hands at one time if I stack them, but that used t be easier to do with my UV light because the opening was larger.

I'll be trying out my new SH polish tomorrow and I'll report back!

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Now I'm tempted to try a gel top coat. How long does a manicure with a gel top coat last? Is it less damaging compared to something like
Shellac?

Since I don't have to go to work until Tuesday, I put on my favorite color, blue and put glitter on top. I love the opi/sephora line. I wonder why they discontinued the whole line. The color I'm wearing is read my palm.

_16074.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OPI. Live, love, carnival!

_16120.jpg

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I don't paint my fingernails. And I hadn't painted my toenails since November, due to the crappy winter we've been having. But...in honor of spring I painted my toes what I call "skittle toes" last weekend - each toe a different color - purple, blue, pink,green and yellow.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1395608747|3640001 said:
OPI. Live, love, carnival!
Looks great. I bought this color last week. Can't wait to try it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butter London: Snog

_16126.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butter London: Queen Vic
Hard to tell but this is a really deep purple! Gorgeous!

_16127.jpg

kefira

Shiny_Rock
It looks like corals are popular this week. Unfortunately mine photo'd kinda orange, but it's more like a neon coral IRL. Happy Spring, everyone!

e.l.f. Mango Madness with Electric Pink accent nail:

img_20140320_101622.jpg

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Essie Sunday Funday!

20140324_094936-1.jpg

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
First picture is mauve and the second one is rose gold glitter. Both are gel from Sensationail

_16146.jpg

_16147.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both gorgeous colors! Do we have ant Easter egg colors coming up? Pastel blues or greens or yellows?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring tanzigirl! Colored diamonds or colored gemstones? :love: :love: :love:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1395682538|3640468 said:
Both gorgeous colors! Do we have ant Easter egg colors coming up? Pastel blues or greens or yellows?

I just bought a color from Dior called Porcelaine which is a light pastel blue, almost white looking. It's pretty opaque. I wore it with a coat of Opi Funny Bunny over it.

I will redo my nails again tomorrow with the color but here is a picture I found online.

_16148.jpg

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks AprilBaby. Just colored gemstones in 14kt yellow gold. Amethyst, peridot, garnet, citrine, tanzanite. It's not Bulgari but sort of reminds me of one of their rings.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did we discuss this already?? What brand you like, what didn't work out?

Love OPI except the last three bottles from the Brazil collection were thick and gooey.
Love Sally Hansen triple shine, hate Sally Hansen quick dry; again goofy and thick.
Essie is just ok, a little thin.
I looked at Zoya yesterday, not much selection.
I LOVE the Butter London selection but for the price staying power is not great.
Bought revlon and it was junk.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoya Maya. I like the color but this formula was very streaky and hard to get on even. 3 coats.

20140325_085001-1_1_.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results