• M

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • N

• O+

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AnA thats really bad! What website are those emerald cuts from? There has to be a typo somewhere on that website.
confused.gif

Judy
:)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No typo! There are soooo many examples like this (including on the site Mara took her example of). I would not want to slander the source of these pictures, after all, it is a B to B source only which would not dream to attract its professional clientelle by posting nice pics. However, they do post tones of pictures. I am just puzzled that diamond sellers have not taken any step to allow their public a decent visual impression of their stones. I feel that, as a buyer, I am just offered to pay for more and more sophisticated GRADING SYSTEMS while my chance to actually judge the merchandise get more and more slight.

For example, in the perfect world, GIA would produce not only gem reports, but also an image of the piece. Those inclusion maps are a good start, but do not give enough info to form a visual impresion. I knwo it would be a technologic leap, but... Also so few sellers would offer the opportunity to compare a range of stones and then they also insist to offer THEIR evaluation criteria for you to use and, inevitably, agree with. How hard would be to actually let buyers decide what they want to pay for? This was the initial purpose of grading, right? Ok, please take this with the appropriate grain of salt. I am just trying to figure out how much I should expect to pay for diamond information on top of the stone's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results