Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What color is your front door?

My door is orange. ::)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It used to be blue (my favorite color) but that was our previous (and first) beach house. Our current beach house door is just natural wood colored and fits the house whereas the blue door fit our first house if you kwim.

Orange is fun Niel. Love that.

bluedoorfirstbeachhouse.jpg

beachhouse.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boring white...my DH is pretty conservative and I dont think I could convince him of a "fun" color. My shutters are red though!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
burgundy. JD was skeptical. Now he's up for repainting the door every couple years to change up the look of the house.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Brown. The one at our last house was blue.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Cherry red.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
White. I'd like to paint it something fun. Our house is darkish red brick though so I feel like white is the best option. I do wish the previous owners had NOT painted it though, because it was gorgeous dark stain at one point.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dark green, which matches the shutters and the rest of the trim. According to our HOA covenants, everyone's doors/trim/shutters are supposed to be painted some neutral/earth tone/inconspicuous color. Of course there is a house right at the main entrance whose inhabitants painted their front door bright, fluorescent orange. Maybe it's Niel's house. :lol: At any rate, it sure is distracting. especially in a neighborhood where there are lots of stop signs, kids playing, etc. I can get over the eyesore part of it and the rule breaking, but it is a distraction to drivers. If the house were in a different location, say, not in a neighborhood with an HOA, and not near road conditions which require focus on the part of the driver, I would have no problem with it and I'd think it was fun. It just isn't appropriate for this particular location.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1413899145|3770328 said:
Dark green, which matches the shutters and the rest of the trim. According to our HOA covenants, everyone's doors/trim/shutters are supposed to be painted some neutral/earth tone/inconspicuous color. Of course there is a house right at the main entrance whose inhabitants painted their front door bright, fluorescent orange. Maybe it's Niel's house. :lol: At any rate, it sure is distracting. especially in a neighborhood where there are lots of stop signs, kids playing, etc. I can get over the eyesore part of it and the rule breaking, but it is a distraction to drivers. If the house were in a different location, say, not in a neighborhood with an HOA, and not near road conditions which require focus on the part of the driver, I would have no problem with it and I'd think it was fun. It just isn't appropriate for this particular location.

My door isn't an eyesore, so its not me.

Plus I'd hate to live in a place that told me what to paint my door. It is like a pumpkin orange. I think the paint color was called butternut squash. It goes nicely with our robins egg blue house lol. It came that color though.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1413899501|3770333 said:

My door isn't an eyesore, so its not me.

Plus I'd hate to live in a place that told me what to paint my door.

I hope you didn't take that the wrong way, Niel. I meant to make sure I described this door in my neighborhood as very bright/fluorescent. I wasn't trying to make a joke at your expense but I can see how it came across that way. And, I understand a lot of people aren't into conforming to the rules of an HOA, but when it comes to protecting your property value it can be a very good thing. Having lived in several residential neighborhoods, some with rules and some without, I can say I do prefer having a set of rules everyone has to comply with. My door was already painted when we moved in, and we've chosen to keep it in compliance with the rules here. No one came knocking and told us we had to paint it a certain color, in fact, "neutral/earth tone" encompasses a very wide range of possible colors, don't you agree?

Have a good day. Sorry again if I said something that bothered you.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just finished re-staining/sealing the door. We ended up with the same as was on when we bought the house! (it had worn down to bare wood so we could choose whatever we wanted)
The minwax we used called the color "pecan" and I think it looks really nice with the beige/yellowish color of the house.

The neighbors across from us have a pretty blue door. The guy next to them just got new doors but his old had been red. One house has green doors. I think another is painted brown.

I love how you can swap up the color or the stain and have a whole fresh look to the entire house!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Mine is white. I never thought about painting it. I guess I should (think about it I mean).

April20

Ideal_Rock
My front door is wood- mahogany I think? I can't remember now. BUT.... my house is a deep, deep teal. With chocolate brown trim. If I did have a front door that could be painted, I would totally do it lime green or coral. I love color on houses. I don't want to be the "third gray house on the left". I like being the only one like it in the neighborhood.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Watermelon.

(best way to describe)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"I see a red door and I want it painted...Black!". Black.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, some pretty cool colors you all have.

Mine are just natural oak. I've had them refinished once already and they are due again.
I think it is one of the MinWax stains.

Oh I have gotten rid of those two door mats and bought a plain 5' one from Costco.

small_doors_pa251392.jpg

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Another Rolling Stones fan and another black front door

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
April20|1413906291|3770391 said:
My front door is wood- mahogany I think? I can't remember now. BUT.... my house is a deep, deep teal. With chocolate brown trim. If I did have a front door that could be painted, I would totally do it lime green or coral. I love color on houses. I don't want to be the "third gray house on the left". I like being the only one like it in the neighborhood.
I feel the same way. Plus my house isn't big, so the colors accentuate the " quant " feel.

Like I said my house is robins egg blue but next time I paint it I'd like a pistachio

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
My door is a red burgundy color but its faded and I have been meaning to repaint it or replace it with a stained glass type door.
I think I want to paint it a shiny black color but my shutters are also burgundy as well. I may have to repaint them as well.
Also, I have copper roofs and I'm not sure how the black and copper will look.
I don't know. Should I stick to the burgundy or go with black?
We replaced some trim work on our shed as well and need to repaint it so whatever color I chose, I will also use to paint the shed.

_23460.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what I'd like to paint it- my door is about that color.

uploadfromtaptalk1413912115081.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the burgundy a lot. Nice accent color with your house paint and copper.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the only photo I have on my phone. So not a glamor shot but you get the idea

uploadfromtaptalk1413912484236.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mahogany

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1413892910|3770287 said:
What color is your front door?

My door is orange. ::)
Add some black stripes and your good for Halloween.. :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist|1413910590|3770422 said:
Wow, some pretty cool colors you all have.

Mine are just natural oak. I've had them refinished once already and they are due again.
I think it is one of the MinWax stains.

Oh I have gotten rid of those two door mats and bought a plain 5' one from Costco.
Cf
that's a beautiful door and I imagine a door like that would cost 8k.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Black door. Monnie I also live in a community with a HOA and covenants and really wouldn't have it any other way.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1413922150|3770538 said:

Black door. Monnie I also live in a community with a HOA and covenants and really wouldn't have it any other way.

Black looks really elegant! I love bright paint on houses and doors, I really do. There are a lot of neighborhoods around where we live that encourage eclectic styles and anything goes, and it looks amazing. If I lived in one of those areas I would totally get into the spirit of it. I certainly did not mean to say that all bright doors are eyesores. Niel's is a lovely shade of orange. The one in my neighborhood is construction/hunting orange, definitely not a pretty shade, not an earth tone or the color of a beautiful autumn leaf.

Butterfly, I like the burgundy with your copper awnings. I think black might look a bit harsh?

Cflutist, that is a beautiful set of doors!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Blue. It matches the plumbago in one of the front flowerbeds.

plumbago_4.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I LOVE your beach house.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1413922983|3770547 said:
Calliecake|1413922150|3770538 said:

Black looks really elegant! I love bright paint on houses and doors, I really do. There are a lot of neighborhoods around where we live that encourage eclectic styles and anything goes, and it looks amazing. If I lived in one of those areas I would totally get into the spirit of it. I certainly did not mean to say that all bright doors are eyesores. Niel's is a lovely shade of orange. The one in my neighborhood is construction/hunting orange, definitely not a pretty shade, not an earth tone or the color of a beautiful autumn leaf.

Butterfly, I like the burgundy with your copper awnings. I think black might look a bit harsh?

Cflutist, that is a beautiful set of doors!

I think my pregnanxy hormones read your post with a mean tone :oops:

Sorry. Haha. I know a bright discount biohazard orange wouldn't be what I want in my neighborhood either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results