shape
carat
color
clarity

What color eye shadow(s) do you wear?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I don''t mean what brand or what specific shade name, but in general, what color/colors do you wear on your eyes on a daily basis? I have brownish green eyes that I like to play up with my makeup. Lately I''ve been wearing a really light purple/lilac shadow all over the lid with some light gold shimmery shadow under the brow. I add some dark plum in the creases for going out or a more dramatic look.

But I feel like this is not the most, I don''t know, mature pallet. I don''t really know how to describe it, but I almost feel a bit childish wearing purple eyeshadow. I''ve tried wearing more muted colors like browns and taupes, but they really do nothing for me.

So what colors do you wear? Do you think of lilac as a childish shade? Any other suggestions for colors for me?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have dark brown hair, and hazel eyes (brown/green) and I wear lilac just like you. I also use purple eyeliner when I''m going for a more dramatic look.

I find that people don''t even notice it''s purple that I''m wearing, they just notice my eyes because of how much the purple really pulls out the green in my eyes.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I have grey-blue eyes.

Everyday eyeshadow is a shimmery pink that I put all over the lids and under the brow.

Going out shadow is really anything I want... that is when I go nuts with the colors (bright blue, purples, blacks, etc.)

As to plum/purple being "immature" I don''t really think so, I think it has more to do with they way you apply it (and it sounds like it is more on the subtle/blended side) so I wouldn''t think of that as immature.
Also, I am not picturing a blinding bright purple... that would be reserved for a night out with dim lights LOL!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
i use purple/pink shadows most often because it complements my skin tone and eye color. i find that browns/taupes/gold make me look tired. i don''t think purple/lilac is childish. go with whatever colors that look best on you and enhance your eyes.
4.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Contrary to popular opinion, and what some magazines say, my blue eyes aren''t prettier and bluer with blue/gray/purple/pink/ shadows in the blue hues. If I want them to POP, I use golden browns, plummy purples, peachy pinks, and mossy greens. Earthier tones make for better contrast with my eyes and ivory complexion.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
actually, purple/plums are a good color for you and very in now! I have brown hair/eyes and this is pretty much what I usually use:

282640974_8094e29.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Perhaps you haven''t found the right shade(s) of brown/taupe?
2.gif

I have medium brown eyes with golden flecks and light-ish brown hair, and I wear a creamy, shimmery (this is KEY!) light brown shadow 90 percent of the time. It makes my eyes POP without being obvious or obnoxious, and it works with whatever I''m wearing. I tend to stay away from the flat, powder shadows- a bit of shimmer can completely transform a normally boring color.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
I normally don''t wear make-up unless it''s a special event.... So when I do wear it, it''s usually bright or dark pruple....
1.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I have dark brown hair and eyes, and I always wear purples and pinks. Or mix it up with silver. I use browns, but I don''t like the look of browns on me...why I keep using them is beyond me.
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have green eyes (on the darker side, not pale green) and very light/porcelain skin with red undertones.

I don't wear eyeshadow most days (my makeup regimen usually consists of undereye concealer, eyeliner and mascara, sometimes a very light foundation, contouring blush if it's an 'occasion,' and even more rarely eyeshadow). When I do, it's an allover shimmer matching my skin tone, for contouring: blacks/greys, dark greyish green, and/or deep mauve.

I have some 'play' colors like shimmery aqua, light shimmery green, and hot pink that I wear EXTREMELY rarely (like, once or twice a year) just for fun. I always feel like a teenager when I do, though
3.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I have brown eyes and auburn hair and I wear brown for everyday like when I''m wearing an interesting shirt. When I wear blue or grey I love wearing blue eyeshadow on the lid with a honey brown up to the eyebrow. With the right shirt I''ll wear a lavendar/pink on the lid and a copper in the crease.
My favorite new experimental color for spring is a silver glimmer all over with a mint green eyeliner on top and black on the bottom.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I go with pinky-golds and browns.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Warm browns if I'm being boring. I have every shade under the sun though...

I have blue/green/gray eyes, pretty light skin, and light cool brown hair.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
When I wear makeup, I wear either different shades of purple or gunmetal silver and sometimes I play with hunter greens and aqua blues. But, I have limitless access to colors and they don''t scare me...

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I prefer a more neutral look - I wear browns and taupes... those are my favs.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Sparkly light golds and ivories, peach tones, pinks, browns.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I sometimes use browns/taupes, sometimes plums. But my most recent favorite is a darkish metallic grey - I layer MAC''s brassbeat liquid liner and bobbi brown Galazy cream shadow, and use black mascara for contrast. I have hazel eyes too, and I find this combo can be made more or less dramatic for day vs. night, and it sets off the hazel nicely
1.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
ALL colors! I have hazel eyes too, but I like to mix it up daily. I got one of those sampler things with a whole slew of colors in it, and I''ll wear most of them. I like using three different tones of the same shade, and contouring with the darkest one. Even so, it''s got to be subtle for day-time. For night time, I LOVE super smoky eyes with tons of jet black mascara and shimmer powder on my brow bones. I keep going back to olivey greens for day-time, and I do enjoy shades of purples too. And mauves, and gold-ish browns, and pinks, and so on. I love playing make-up!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2009 2:00:08 PM
Author: EBree
Perhaps you haven''t found the right shade(s) of brown/taupe?
2.gif

I have medium brown eyes with golden flecks and light-ish brown hair, and I wear a creamy, shimmery (this is KEY!) light brown shadow 90 percent of the time. It makes my eyes POP without being obvious or obnoxious, and it works with whatever I''m wearing. I tend to stay away from the flat, powder shadows- a bit of shimmer can completely transform a normally boring color.

EBree and PaulaW: Thank you for posting what you both wear. I never am sure what color to wear. I also have brown eyes.

Linda

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t wear eyeshadow often but when I do it is copper or wine/ red plum shades which make my green eyes stand out. I do sometimes wear soft golds, taupe and other neutrals.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
PaulaW, I am also a MAC fan (for es). My stable combination is ricepaper (shimmery ivory) and satin taupe (most amazing shimmery neutral taupy color) for day time. For a little drama I will add purple and emerald green color to the lid.

I have deep brown eyes/hair, and fair Asian skin (NC25).

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I wear brown(like a rich cocoa color), gold on my lid and then a white shimery color to highlight.
I have brown eyes, black hair and caramel color skin. I might add in a small amount of a pink color, but not too much.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I have orangey-amber brown eyes, and I usually wear a shimmery cream-colored shadow. I''m very into subtle neutrals right now.

Dark grey (charcoal) is my favorite color, but every time I wear it on my eyes, it looks positively scary. If I could find a grey shadow that didn''t make me look like I was dying for attention, I''d be very happy.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Sabine, I have this palette from Lancome , and some of the colors are shimmery. The colors: dark matte green, shimmery metallic green, shimmery copper, cream, a lighter cream, a shimmery pale rose, a shimmery metallic darker rose (I don''t use this as much), and a dark maroony purple. I play with them constantly, but my go to is the metallic green with a dab of the copper, it brings out the gold in my light brown eyes. I have very dark hair and a light olive skin tone, as well. I love the palette because I never need to bring more than this for eyeshadow!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I have dark brown hair/ eyes and ivory skin... I usually wear light pink eyeshadow. I''ve heard purple is best for that combo, but I just can''t ever get myself to wear lilac.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have green eyes and wear mostly champagne as a "wash," and then purple shades in the crease. Then black eye liner and mascara.

My champagne shade collection is insane. About 20 different brands & textures all cluttering up my drawers. Now, with the purple, I only have about 10 of those.

ETA - I wear darker purples, and not plums or lilacs. My favorite is Nars Ondine!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Sabine..the purples, lighter and darker are a great choice for greenish colored eyes. When I do someone's makeup ...I always reach for those colors, to make green eyes POP!! I think the copper, bronzy colors would be a great choice for you too! Darker purples (plum), are good for any age, if they are a matte color.I just tell women over 50 to avoid the frosted shadows..that I usually keep for the 17-25 year olds. (Unless I'm doing makeup for New year's Eve..older women want "sparkle", frost..shiny!!
My eyes are a bright blue..so I stick to neutral shades, ivory/taupe/brown to make the blue really pop. A smokey eye in charcoal and black for nights on the town!!
I don't wear much eye makeup, but I always notice other people's pretty blue, or light (bright) green eyes, when they're outlined in dark (usually black) liner !

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Great thread!

I have light, bright green eyes and I *LOVE!* eye makeup! I wear it every day.

My favorite eye shadow colors are taupe-y colors on the lid, with a light, highlight color under the brow. Something that I almost always do, though, just for FUN is blend a bright, jazzy color (like Urban Decay''s SHATTERED or VERT, two of my current faves; or a rich plum color, etc.) in the inner corner, outer corner, and under the eye as a (smudged) liner. Very artsy and just plain FUN!

Also, I often highlight just the center of the lid with a dot of gold, or pewter,too, for a bit of a *pop*. Finish with black mascara.

I LOVE BEING A GIRL!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results