shape
carat
color
clarity

What brand ulrasonic cleaners do Jewelry stores use?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

boston33

Rough_Rock
Just curious what brands of ultrasonic cleaners that jewelry stores use. I have heard a lot of positive things on the Sharper Image model, but i''m assuming they don''t use that one. Thanks

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
haha.gif

Nope, they don''t use the Sharper Image model. This topic will shed some light on your question - Ultrasonic / Jewelry Cleaners

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
That topic discusses the different classes (home use, commercial jeweler use, etc) and brands of ultrasonic cleaners. It mentions quite a few different kinds and some of their specifications, including the Sharper Image cleaner.

You can also do a search for ultrasonic cleaners and you will find many topics here on Pricescope.

Note that in addition to different cleaner machines, there are also different cleaning solutions. What a bench jeweler uses for some cleaning might be different than what a B&M store might use for clients who wander in and get their rings cleaned as a courtesy.

Finally note that ultrasonic cleaners are used for more than just jewelry cleaning, thus lending even more variety to the issue......

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore my Sharper Image cleaner and use it daily on my items, sometimes you don''t need to pay the big bucks to get a great product.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, I love my SI ultrasonic cleaner, it does a fabulous job. Got it at a bargain price too!!!
2.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2005 3:27:00 PM
Author:boston33
Just curious what brands of ultrasonic cleaners that jewelry stores use. I have heard a lot of positive things on the Sharper Image model, but i'm assuming they don't use that one. Thanks

Date: 11/10/2005 9:45:47 PM
Author:Mara
I adore my Sharper Image cleaner and use it daily on my items, sometimes you don't need to pay the big bucks to get a great product.

GREAT for you Mara and Kaleigh! I believe it's always best to get what suits you best.

The original question was regarding what jewelry stores use, not what consumers use. The Ultrasonic / Jewelry Cleaners topic has information pertinent to that question.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trying to let him know that he doesn''t need to spend the big bucks for an industrial UC, that the SI does a great job for home use. Love to give options.
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2005 3:27:00 PM
Author:boston33
Just curious what brands of ultrasonic cleaners that jewelry stores use. I have heard a lot of positive things on the Sharper Image model, but i''m assuming they don''t use that one. Thanks
they can be different brands. the jewelry stores use heated ultrasonic and keep the solutions heated all day long to serve their customers. some stores use the big steamers.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bransonic is quite popular. Stuler makes several good models. Mine came from Otto Frei. Talk to your regular tool supplier. It will depend on the size you need as well as details like heat and power. Stores with big shops will want a 1 gallon capacity while others are happy with a quart. Most consumer units are a cup or two.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2005 9:59:51 PM
Author: kaleigh
I agree, I love my SI ultrasonic cleaner, it does a fabulous job. Got it at a bargain price too!!!
2.gif
how much is the SI ?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2005 10:09:17 PM
Author: kaleigh
Trying to let him know that he doesn''t need to spend the big bucks for an industrial UC, that the SI does a great job for home use. Love to give options.
9.gif
I agree Kaleigh!! ALOT of options are ALWAYS the best!
9.gif

Regarding ''relevance'' to the original post, since SI was mentioned, just thought I would chime in with my happiness of a small little $40 unit.

Simple pleasures.
5.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
200 gallon ultrasonic anyone? :}

atlantislgr.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2005 11:52:41 PM
Author: strmrdr
31.gif
Priceless. Nicely done.
2.gif

P.S. I'm guessing it might *take* one that size by the time Mara finishes upgrading....lol

websailor

Brilliant_Rock

Strmrdr,

Now you''re getting me in trouble!!!!!! When cflutist, who really likes to keep her jewels clean, puts her stones into THAT, they are going to look ssssooooooo small....she''ll immediately be asking for upgrades!

LOL!!!! Thanks, kewl picture!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
strmrdr
is that your bathtub?
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results