• Laureato

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Other

• Custom Made

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thought this might be interesting since we get so many Vatche settings on here and the like....wondered what everyone had! I've posted the designers that we hear about alot, then a basic 'other' and then a 'custom' since I know some of us have those too. I'm sure I missed a few...sorry!! Just put it into the 'other'.

Also note:

The 'Tiffany style' is really any unbranded type of 4 or 6 prong Tiffany style in any metal.

'Other' would be another branded or style pre-made ring

'Custom' would be entirely custom made for you from scratch

1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Had to vote other. My set is Van Craeynest.

Vynyaca

Rough_Rock
Not set yet, but it's a Scott Kay.
1.gif

bling

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to say..i enjoy your polls mara! keep it up
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hest you are SO elite.
naughty.gif

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
You should have put "eBay Knockoff" as a brand! I recently purchased a Tacori knockoff in 14k white gold, set with a CZ, for chump change. I'll set my canary pear diamond in it. My engagement setting was a simple 6 prong solitaire (I assume from Stuller), and another was a totally generic/custom? two tone with faux engraving.

--Lynn

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynn I hope you voted 3 times!
1.gif
I think the knockoff would fall under 'other'...hee hee or why not Tacori?! If it looks like it!
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/2/2003 2:11:34 PM Mara wrote:

Lynn I hope you voted 3 times!
----------------

I think it is technically impossible to vote three times, or even two! I am not a e-ring fan, but rings I have a couple and some could become e-rings in a different life. My vote went for 'custom-made' because this is what I usually end up getting. The only other kind is one Cartier, but there was no way to vote twice... I hope I have not distorted your poll
5.gif

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Mara, I *Think* I voted 3 times! Heck, I may have to vote again if I get my engagement diamond reset soon. This is the setting I'm considering bidding on:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2660876551&category=11017&rd=1

and this is similar (not identical -- mine's a solitaire) to my knock off Tacori:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2660617000&category=45390

--Lynn

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually to vote twice just clear your cookies in the browser....normally I say to only vote once for the polls but in this case if you have more than one ring, try to post them all!
1.gif
To clear cookies in IE, go to Tools pulldown menu, Internet Options, then 'Delete Cookies'. It will clear all your cookies for websites and make you have to re-login to things, but it will also clear your voting cookie and let you re-vote.
1.gif

Use it responsibly guys!!
Up_to_something.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
You're not a snob Hest. You just happen to have excellent taste.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I don't have an engagement ring. (Unless you count my grandmother's engagement ring, which I wear, but I don't have a clue who made the setting back in 1929.)

Mara, can I vote my wedding band?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes of course...wedding band, e-ring, anniversary upgrade...etc
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
For people who are voting 'other'...please list out what brand your setting is....then we'll have a better list.

wacko.gif

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
Vynyaca - I have to ask what kind of name that is. I met someone in the park today who has a little girl with that name but I didn't get a chance to ask her. She had a really nice accent too but I couldn't place it.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Vatche Royal Crown and a Tiffany anniversary band.
But.....
I am hoping by next month, I will have a custom made Leon Mege, if I can just get my lazy as* into the city to meet him.
I just don't want to part with the new ring because I just got it in August and want to savor it for a while.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Kayla, I can't wait to hear of your experience with Leon Mege. I'm hoping to use him someday when I have the pennies to buy another rock. I was afraid he'd be way over my price range (you know, like celebrity jeweler price range) so I'll also be curious to hear if he's reasonable for not. How exciting!

Ondine

Rough_Rock
I have a Van Craeynest engagement ring, will be matching it with a wedding band for a set. I have the thick band with flowers and leaves and a round diamond in the middle. Not sure what the style is called and I can't seem to open up the pictures on their website.
lickout.gif

Boom

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/3/2003 11:05:13 AM Hest88 wrote:

Kayla, I can't wait to hear of your experience with Leon Mege. I'm hoping to use him someday when I have the pennies to buy another rock. I was afraid he'd be way over my price range (you know, like celebrity jeweler price range) so I'll also be curious to hear if he's reasonable for not. How exciting!
----------------

Same here, I'd
love.gif
to have something made by him. Short story: A while ago, I found one of Leon's pics being used on ebay to sell a ring (pink sapphire 3-stone ring). I thought the pic might have been stolen and brought it to his attention. He investigated and found that his client was actually the one selling the ring due to a breakdown in the engagement. I did consider that possibility initially, but the seller had described the ring as being made by an 'European designer', so that threw me off. Anyway, Leon thanked me and offered me a discount if I ever needed something made in the future.
2.gif
It was really nice of him, but it's going to be quite some time before I can afford to buy a center stone that would do justice to his settings. Hopefully he'll still remember me.
3.gif

guslik

Shiny_Rock
Had to vote other. My set is Verragio.
love.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Ondine, what great taste you have!!!
2.gif
I know exactly the setting you're talking about. It's a gorgeous one.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Boom and Hest88 for the words of encouragement.
Now, if only I would do it!!! He is literally 30 minutes away from my house.
Actually, another reason why I haven't done it is because I don't know what I want.
By the way, I did speak to him over the phone and his prices are not bad at all. Under $1000 for a plain setting (no diamonds) and he said it would take about 2 weeks.
My birthday is on Nov. 17th, so I hope I will get it done by then.
2.gif

Ondine

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Hest! Here's how I came to find the ring. I knew what store I liked... In Brooklyn, NY. They carry a lot of unusual and beautiful rings. I fell in the love this ring when I saw it so we went and lookeda t it together and that is the ring he wound up proposing with. It's very nice, antique looking, unlike any ring I've ever seen, and I doubt many women have it (I could be wrong on this... you have a VC too, do you come across other women with VC rings?) Anyways, diamond size is not important to me. I just think the ring itself is very beautiful. I did a search on Van Craeynest and found this board.
love.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/5/2003 7:20:00 PM Ondine wrote:

(I could be wrong on this... you have a VC too, do you come across other women with VC rings?)
----------------

Did you get your ring at Clay-pot? I've seen their website and really want to go visit the next time I'm back East.

No, I never see Van Craeynests, though I know other women must have them!

VC is a San Francisco company and years and years ago they had a lot of their rings at a SF boutique in an area my younger sister used to frequent. She fell in love with VCs, though she didn't know the name of the company. When the jeweler changed hands, my sister was distraught because she had planned to someday buy her wedding set there. A few years ago, around the time I got engaged and was starting to think about jewelery, I searched for that jeweler and found where one of the partners had moved to. Though I never intended to buy a VC, I couldn't find anything I loved as much as a particular VC set the guy had on his website. I consulted my sister first, since I didn't want her to be jealous that I was buying "her" rings first, but she was gracious about it.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
BUMP!

candide

Rough_Rock
A poster above was named Ondine.

Without doing a websearch..... anyone know what the medical condition "Ondine's Curse" describes?

Jon

Ondine

Rough_Rock
Yes, Hest, the Clay Pot is exactly where we got my ring. The Clay Pot is the BEST store in the world. I dread going in there because they always have such amazing stuff I can't afford!!! I seriously freak out in that store!! So my whole family is originally from Brooklyn and my sister lives pretty close to Park Slope. We've loved the Clay Pot for years and I always used to joke around and say how if I ever get married that's where I want the rings from. Me and V finally decided to get married after 10 years together and he has great taste too so we went together and I showed him the ring I liked, and he liked it as well. He surprised me with in on our vacation in St. Martin last Feb. And that's our story
love.gif

I've never heard of Ondine's Disease. I remember I read a book when I was in Jr. High school and a character wa snamed Ondine. I've always though it was a cool name.

stephcola

Shiny_Rock
Mara,

Martin Flyer platinum and diamond. The platinum is so weighty and well crafted - it feels fantastic on your finger. I tried alot of other settings and this one felt the best. He uses very good color and quality stones as well. I never see him mentioned on this site. Settings are worth investigating. Regards,

P.S. I love your polls!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many Vatche's it looks like...and Tiffany Style replicas. Huge 'Other' and many 'Custom' as well.
1.gif
Keep the answers coming!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results