shape
carat
color
clarity

What bands should I stack with this ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
cakegirl I was just thinking about you and wondering when you would get this ring in! :) It looks beautiful! More pics, please! :) I think I would get a plain band as my wedding band, and then get some other diamond bands on special occasions/anniversaries. That way, you can always wear your wedding band, even when you can''t wear diamonds (i.e., cleaning, sleeping, traveling, etc.) I definitely understand your desire for more sparkle (I LOVE the stacked look!), but I always say that the best thing I did with my wedding set was getting a plain band for my wedding ring. My husband loves it, bc he says that when we are 80, he thinks that will be the ring I am still wearing, not matter how many other rings I have gone through.

Idea: Maybe if you get an inexpensive plain band for your wedding band, your husband would be ok with you getting a "something blue" diamond and sapphire band, or another diamond band as a "wedding present?" That way you could have options immediately and won''t have to wait for an anniversary. Just a thought :)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS RING! I think it would look awesome with a 1.8 or 2mm rose gold rope band or micropave band on each side.

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Your ring is beautiful and looks perfect on you. I actually think it looks really pretty by itself but if you wanted a band to stack with it I''d go for a thin (1.5 - 2 mm) plain platinum band.

Carey

Shiny_Rock
That is one BEAUTIFUL ring! and it looks so pretty on your finger. I think another diamond ring (or two) would definitely ''tone down'' the attention on this ring. Since you''re eloping and won''t wear it till you''re married - you sure you need another ''engagement'' ring? I wear just my eternity ring, and love the wonderful comments I get on it. If I stacked it I doubt people would really notice it. If you do decide you need 3 rings - I''d vote for a plain band - maybe knife edged, that would just ''frame'' your amazing, amazing ring. Congratulations, and best wishes for a lifetime of happiness!

Hey, why don''t you wear it a while and the right thing will just come to you?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I think your gorgeous band looks beautiful on its own. Since you can''t wear it until you elope, why not use it as your wedding band
30.gif

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I promise to take and post some better pictures after the new year. I definitely didn''t capture how super sparkly it is.
I am really thinking about wearing it alone. I will probably buy a thin platinum band to wear when I''ll be rough on my hands. I may see about taking the money we "save" on my band and getting something for my right hand.
I think I am just worried about it having enough impact. But when I think about rings I''ve admired on others, they are usually delicate bands. Also, among woman I know, the majority stop wearing their e rings after a few years (except for going out at night) and mostly wear diamond wedding or anniversary bands.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
well, I personally love stacked bands (have a 16 stone Tiffany band that I play around with)

I''d put a plain plat/white gold band on both sides and then 2 thin pave bands on top of those thin bands

the more the better !! tee hee

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote the single band idea as well!

If you''re going to be in thailand, you can try on some high karat 24k gold bands, I promise they will be high impact! The color of rich high carat gold can catch your eye from across a room!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about your burn - I burned my hand with hot coffee a few years back - OUCH!

Congrats on the engagement though - I would only pair that gorgeous band with a plain band. I wouldn't want anything to compete with or take away from the diamond band!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t stack anything with your new band. It''s too pretty to compete with anything else. I would get a small 2.5mm platinum or palladium band to wear when you don''t feel like wearing your diamonds.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, it''s too pretty on it''s own to stack. If you really have to, I would just get a plain band (1) to wear with it.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I second a pair of super thin, higher karat gold bands. I wear a 60 year old 22k band on a nearly daily basis and it looks great.

Also, pairs of bands in offbeat colors would be fun, esp colored sapphires or different garnets.

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
So, I went and tried on bands at 3 different stores yesterday just to see what I liked. Plain bands, even 2mm seemed like too much metal. Pave bands, channel set band, and thin bezel set eternities didn''t look right-my band is so sparkly it made them look bad in comparison. Then I tried on super thin prong set eternity bands on both sides and it really looked nice. They set off my band and complemented it. It is a blingy look for everyday, but would look nice to dress my band up.
I am going to wear my band alone for everyday, and get 2 .5 carat tw prong set bands to wear on either side when I want something more.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
cakegirl, That sounds lovely. I''d love to see pics of them all together when you get a chance.
9.gif

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 12:52:34 PM
Author: cakegirl
So, I went and tried on bands at 3 different stores yesterday just to see what I liked. Plain bands, even 2mm seemed like too much metal. Pave bands, channel set band, and thin bezel set eternities didn''t look right-my band is so sparkly it made them look bad in comparison. Then I tried on super thin prong set eternity bands on both sides and it really looked nice. They set off my band and complemented it. It is a blingy look for everyday, but would look nice to dress my band up.

I am going to wear my band alone for everyday, and get 2 .5 carat tw prong set bands to wear on either side when I want something more.

YAY! I can''t wait to see the pics!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2009 5:52:38 PM
Author: bebe
well, I personally love stacked bands (have a 16 stone Tiffany band that I play around with)

I''d put a plain plat/white gold band on both sides and then 2 thin pave bands on top of those thin bands

the more the better !! tee hee
I love bebe''s idea!
I''ve been dying to see this band IRL and it looks absolutely lovely on you!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2010 9:22:39 AM
Author: gemgirl
I wouldn''t stack anything with your new band. It''s too pretty to compete with anything else. I would get a small 2.5mm platinum or palladium band to wear when you don''t feel like wearing your diamonds.
I agree with this. You will be needing a plain wedding band while at work. I take my diamond bands off when working in the kitchen.

Lovely eternity band.

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock
Classic with a twist ! I absolutely L
30.gif
VE it ! Congratulations

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 1:05:05 PM
Author: EHR2009

Date: 1/3/2010 12:52:34 PM
Author: cakegirl

YAY! I can''t wait to see the pics!
That sounds gorgeous!!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
That ring is gorgeous. I was originally thinking of getting this too for my w-band but changed my mind. It looks so good on you. It has lots of sparks. Wow!!! Congratulations!!!! I really love your ring.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think plain bands would make the focus on the ER.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results