shape
carat
color
clarity

What bands should I stack with this ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
I am getting an eternity band for my e-ring and want to stack 1 or 2 band with it. It is a unique eternity band and I am having trouble deciding what would look good with it. Any suggestions? The ring is 4.6 mm wide, so I think thin, roughy 2mm bands would be best.

AB27501400_main.jpeg

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I love that idea! Maybe 2 thin pave bands? Or maybe 2 sapphire bands? I think it would also look nice stacked between 2 plain gold/platinum bands!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I think it would look great between two 2mm platinum bands (plain) or 2 thin micropave bands - maybe in rose gold?

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
I think at least one plain band would look really nice. A thinner band. A thin rose gold diamond eternity with that might also look really nice.

It''s a very pretty band by the way!
1.gif

krockie

Shiny_Rock
That''s a beatuful eternity band. I don''t think I''d go with another diamond band with something like that - its so unique and beautiful on its own, that I would only add plain metal bands and let that be the star. I like the idea of slim 2mm or less bands on each side.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/23/2009 1:46:34 PM
Author: krockie
That''s a beatuful eternity band. I don''t think I''d go with another diamond band with something like that - its so unique and beautiful on its own, that I would only add plain metal bands and let that be the star. I like the idea of slim 2mm or less bands on each side.

I think I agree with this idea. It would really allow that unique band to stand on its own. Have you tried anything on in B&M stores. What about an engraved band maybe? Something simple though.

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
It is from Blue Nile! It is the garland eternity band- diamond and platinum, 2.5 carats, total weight. I tried on every band I could find in 2 cities, but this was my favorite. It is low profile but still stands out.

I guess a plain thin band would be best-somehow being engaged is bringing out my blingiest fantasies! I love the idea of a rose gold band to wear on occasion. I was also thinking a band like this could look nice.
http://www.michaelcfina.com/engagement-wedding-rings/wedding-rings/ogi-wedding-bands-ltd-18-kt-white-gold-arrow-pave-wedding-band-557C-8WA.html

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
I think alot depends on how long your fingers are. Do you have the ring Could you take to some stores and try some some things on. I would go for some color....but that''s how I roll.
31.gif

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have the ring yet, but should in about a month. We are eloping in August, so I won''t really be able to wear it until then. Also, I just badly burned my hand- until it heals and the bandages come off, I won''t even be able to try rings on ;(

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe paired with a really thin pink diamond/light pink sapphire eternity in rose gold? The contrast would be gorgous
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
two thin rose gold rope band made by sally and flank it on both sides
30.gif

Heart of water Link

sallyroperosebnd.JPG

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Hi cakegirl!

I love your eternity band. My ering came from BlueNile as well! I would get either two 2mm rose gold bands or white gold bands. And then in time I would also get two 2mm melee bands for times you want more bling!!! But your ring is amazing! :)

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
I just noticed D&T''s suggestion. It would add terrific texture.

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions! I am not sure if the rope band is exactly my style, but it is definitely appropriate-we are getting married n Thailand, not far from where she is located.
Once I get my ring I''ll try some options on locally-I''m just having fun looking now.

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to hear about your hands!!!! It is very fun to look and between now and Aug. you will find the perfect bands. POst pictures after the elopement.

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks- I''m a chef and I spilled hot caramel all over my hand-mostly on my ring finger
7.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have anything to add as far as thin band ideas, but wanted to tell you how fabulous I think that ring is!!!

melissacutie

Rough_Rock
you got a beautiful ring. i love the design, honestly.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you considered wearing just the eternity band (which is beautiful, by the way!)? I''m wondering if it would look too busy to have other rings paired with this one. Just a thought...

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
I''ve considered wearing just the eternity ring, but i do like the symbolism of a separate engagement and wedding band. I like them worn together, not on separate hands. I had thought(and hoped) the ring would look nice stacked, but maybe that would be too much?

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea of 2 bands on the outsides, but I also love the idea of just one plain 2mm platinum band. Meryl Streep''s character in The Devil Wears Prada wears an eternity band ering with a plain wedding band, and it looks very classy and beautiful.

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
I finally got the ring! It is really pretty-very delicate and extremely sparkly.
I knew it was coming, but I had no idea he was getting it now -I can''t wear it until August, since we are eloping. He completely surprised me while we were hanging out at home, eating chips and salsa and watching a movie.
Pardon my hand, I had a bad burn that''s not entirely healed.
Specs- 2.5 TCW, VS1, H, 4.6 mm, size 6.5

cakecloseup2.JPG

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
In the box:

cakebox1.JPG

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful! BN has some nice stuff. I think they have this ring with sapphire''s and diamonds.
30.gif

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
Hand shot

cakehandshot1.JPG

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
In place of my flower shot:

cakechips1.JPG

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
I am still thinking about wedding bands. I am leaning toward a 2mm diamond band, but I can''t decide what style would look best-pave, prong set, channel set?

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 6:52:06 PM
Author: cakegirl
Thanks- I''m a chef and I spilled hot caramel all over my hand-mostly on my ring finger
7.gif
Oh no - I hope it gets better soon. My SIL2B burned her hands quite badly with hot cooking oil but they''re healed up very well.

Back to your ring... I agree with some other posts that a plain band would look good. I can''t see another diamond set band stacking well next to your eternity and personally I don''t like the ''crowded'' look of too many bands stacked together.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/31/2009 6:56:33 AM
Author: cakegirl
I finally got the ring! It is really pretty-very delicate and extremely sparkly.
I knew it was coming, but I had no idea he was getting it now -I can''t wear it until August, since we are eloping. He completely surprised me while we were hanging out at home, eating chips and salsa and watching a movie.
Pardon my hand, I had a bad burn that''s not entirely healed.
Specs- 2.5 TCW, VS1, H, 4.6 mm, size 6.5
This looks lovely, I still vote plain on each side, It looks better on your hands than on Bluenile I think

canada_ham

Shiny_Rock
congrats cakegirl! your ring is gorgeous!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results