shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your wedding colors?

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
Mine are purple, green, and white. Most people don't really get it at first. DF's sister was sceptical until I showed her some pictures that I saved on Pinterest.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
NCSU, mine were the same: we used a black and white damask motif with kelly green and amethyst accents! I loved it!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine were black and white with bright arrangement Of flowers

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Orange green and white were my colors. Your colors are going to be beautiful. We've had some gorgeous weddings with purples. Very nice choice. Rockzilla and ephemery in particular had great purple weddings. If you search for their threads they should still have pics up.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Gold and shades of pink for me. My wedding thread on this forum somewhere has lots of pics

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Sky blue with accents of peachy pink and cream for a May wedding

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Ivory, pale pink, black & gold.

I'd love to see some of your pintrest pictures.

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
4ever|1331460467|3146176 said:
Ivory, pale pink, black & gold.

I'd love to see some of your pintrest pictures.

Here are a few that I have saved:

wedding-bq2.jpg
green_flowers_847_10_m.jpg
green_flowers_432_10_m.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: Gorgeous combination idea NCSUchick! That will be a beautiful wedding - do you have BM dresses in each of the colours? or just one? Aside from the flowers, how else will you integrate the colours? Invitations/place settings/ribbons/candles/paper lanterns/jelly belly beans/ cupcakes??? I'm intrigued!

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
The bridesmaids dresses will be in the purple color, and I think we will have the groomsmen wear either purple or green vests. We will also incorporate the colors into the invitations and save the dates. White table linens are included in the cost of the venue, but we may rent colored linens if the cost isn't outrageous.

We may not do all of this, but here are a few of my ideas:

We are hanging paper lanterns from the ceiling in purple, green, and white.

Half of the centerpieces for the tables will have purple and green flowers, and the other half will have white metal lanterns with candles. We may get these and try to spray paint them white: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10156109/

Since my wedding is in October we are going to get pumpkins and paint them white or ivory, and use those around the reception room. My mom's best friend is really talented and she can paint cool designs on them in purple and green.

For the cake, I haven't decided on the design yet, but we are doing a small cake to cut with cupcakes to serve to the guests. We will definitely use our colors on the cake and cupcakes.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
NCSUchick-LOVE those colors.

We are doing teal and chocolate brown, and all of the flowers will be shades of white.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds amazing! Can you put purple candles in the painted white pumpkins - also on the table? (like mini pumpkins?) or around the room?

Ribbons on the chairs/napkins/your shoes/his socks/groomsmen's socks & accessories... random thoughts! hope you post lots of photos after -I love this colour combination!

Iluvprettyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Mine are Black, red, white and "bling".

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Mine are teal and yellow.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
gem_anemone|1331568916|3146882 said:

oh yay someone else with teal! are you having teal bridesmaids dresses or yellow bridesmaids dresses?

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
slg47|1331585893|3147124 said:
gem_anemone|1331568916|3146882 said:

oh yay someone else with teal! are you having teal bridesmaids dresses or yellow bridesmaids dresses?
The dresses are teal and the flowers will be yellow. I wanted something bright, cheery and fun :) I've seen some cute pics when googling "teal and yellow wedding". We actually started out with powder blue and brown! Close to what you picked.

I'm wearing teal shoes. My FI is wearing a white suit with teal accents!

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
I also did purple (technically victorian lavendar) and green. Maybe these pics are helpful.

76565_10100231682004226_2517812_58282529_2988940_n.jpg

77156_10100231645407566_2517812_58281619_3358994_n.jpg

154707_10100231645537306_2517812_58281625_3009691_n.jpg

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
NCSUchick27|1331479442|3146255 said:
The bridesmaids dresses will be in the purple color, and I think we will have the groomsmen wear either purple or green vests. We will also incorporate the colors into the invitations and save the dates. White table linens are included in the cost of the venue, but we may rent colored linens if the cost isn't outrageous.

We may not do all of this, but here are a few of my ideas:

We are hanging paper lanterns from the ceiling in purple, green, and white.

Half of the centerpieces for the tables will have purple and green flowers, and the other half will have white metal lanterns with candles. We may get these and try to spray paint them white: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10156109/

Since my wedding is in October we are going to get pumpkins and paint them white or ivory, and use those around the reception room. My mom's best friend is really talented and she can paint cool designs on them in purple and green.

For the cake, I haven't decided on the design yet, but we are doing a small cake to cut with cupcakes to serve to the guests. We will definitely use our colors on the cake and cupcakes.

I bought lanterns for my sister's wedding- they are available in every color and every price range! No need to buy and modify, quick google search found this place: http://www.wholesalemart.com/Wholesale-Candle-Lanterns-s/294.htm

Love your colors! I am going with mixed spring-y greens, and accents of ivory, brown, and blush pink for May, out in the woods, with dinner in the meadow.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hydrangea blue and a medium tone green with some pink accents. I always loved Claritek's wedding colors. She has great taste!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Found these in my wedding flowers folder.

DSC_01291-1023x731.jpg

imagespurple.jpg

Attachments

• purple-srping-bouquet-Françoise-Weeks.bmp
    518.6 KB · Views: 947

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
My colors were royal blue, purple, and magenta. The girls wore royal blue dresses and silver shoes. I wore royal blue shoes. The flowers were purple, magenta, ivory, with some springs of blue delphinium. The tablecloths were also royal blue. Loved how the colors looked together.

I think the colors you choose are gorgeous. You'll always find someone who will have something to say about your choices. Just ignore them.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sort of doing a gypsy thing. I'm having ALL colors lol...each girl is wearing a different dress (the different styles were chosen my be and they each picked the one they liked best for themselves) and then they each choose a color that they liked best. The colors are jewel tones (dark purple, fushia, emerald green, a lovely royal blue, teal, a different pink, that kind of thing). I want a feeling of hapiness for everyone on that day and being colorful is happy to me :) I'm planning to make tissue paper poms and paper 'lanterns' (they are just paper that has been cut into slits and stapled or taped together..check Martha Stewart) in different colors too. I want fun, festive and happy, since it's going to be an amazing day! My pintrest account has gone into overload lol...while this seems very different to most people, everyone is excited about my vision (thankfully, I have tons of pictures of what i want) and I think its all going to come together nicely! :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
StacylikesSparkles said:
I'm sort of doing a gypsy thing. I'm having ALL colors lol...each girl is wearing a different dress (the different styles were chosen my be and they each picked the one they liked best for themselves) and then they each choose a color that they liked best. The colors are jewel tones (dark purple, fushia, emerald green, a lovely royal blue, teal, a different pink, that kind of thing). I want a feeling of hapiness for everyone on that day and being colorful is happy to me :) I'm planning to make tissue paper poms and paper 'lanterns' (they are just paper that has been cut into slits and stapled or taped together..check Martha Stewart) in different colors too. I want fun, festive and happy, since it's going to be an amazing day! My pintrest account has gone into overload lol...while this seems very different to most people, everyone is excited about my vision (thankfully, I have tons of pictures of what i want) and I think its all going to come together nicely! :appl:
sounds awesome!!!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I'm doing cream and Jewel tones too! My bridesmaids are going to be in dark sapphire dresses, but our invitations and the floral arrangements are all going to be multicolored. Pick just one or two colors? nah .

The decor at my wedding will be fairly subtle (I'm poor), so I don't think multicolor will be overwhelming.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks AmysBling! I'm hoping it all comes together nicely! :)

Hopedream, I'm actually trying to stick with a budget of between $5-7k MAX! While it will be the most amazing day of our lives thus far, it is only ONE day and I cannot justify going crazy with money! We're getting married on SO's family famr and the craziest expenses are the tent/tables/chairs (still pricing everything, but that'll probably be close to $2k or a bit over), the photographer and food. My Mom, SO's Mom and one of my Aunt are making all the food (not only is it less expensive, but I know I'll like it which is very important to me!) and another Aunt of mine is making the cake (I wanted red velvet and she is the only one who knows how to make it like red velvet should taste lol). I'm bringing in bold, fun colors and making all the table decor myself. I'm hoping I can pull it off! :) Everyone definitely thought I was crazy with a $5k budget, but now they actually think it might be possible to stay so low. AND we're having 150ish people. Phew! So much to do!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
StacylikesSparkles said:
Thanks AmysBling! I'm hoping it all comes together nicely! :)

Hopedream, I'm actually trying to stick with a budget of between $5-7k MAX! While it will be the most amazing day of our lives thus far, it is only ONE day and I cannot justify going crazy with money! We're getting married on SO's family famr and the craziest expenses are the tent/tables/chairs (still pricing everything, but that'll probably be close to $2k or a bit over), the photographer and food. My Mom, SO's Mom and one of my Aunt are making all the food (not only is it less expensive, but I know I'll like it which is very important to me!) and another Aunt of mine is making the cake (I wanted red velvet and she is the only one who knows how to make it like red velvet should taste lol). I'm bringing in bold, fun colors and making all the table decor myself. I'm hoping I can pull it off! :) Everyone definitely thought I was crazy with a $5k budget, but now they actually think it might be possible to stay so low. AND we're having 150ish people. Phew! So much to do!

Wow!! Sounds awesome!! Please post pics after you tie the knot :)

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to add my colors!

We are doing purple and orange. Bright shades. There may be some pink and corals included in the flowers.

We have until next summer to figure out all the details!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results