shape
carat
color
clarity

What Are Your Top 5 Funniest Movies Of All Time??

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like several mentioned and things like Four Weddings and a Funeral, at the start when Hugh Grant's character is running late and saying the F word over and over I always watch it and either say or think (depending if I am watching it with someone else or on my own) well that's me right there, running late, a shambles and saying the F word in jest repeatedly.

And Rowan Atkins as the Vicar in that movie was pretty funny not to mention Mr Bean in General.....

I also find most films with Melissa McCarthy funny....

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other Mel Brooks film that I like is Spaceballs - a funny satire on science fiction films especially Star Wars.

I also like his "High Anxiety", a satire on Hitchcock films.

DK :))

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Young Frankenstein
Airplane
The Big Lebowski
Uncle Buck
So I Married an Ax Murderer

BTW when I first saw your topic I thought it was what were your 5 most funniest moments and I immediately thought of some times I was laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe and thought those stories will take me a while to type up. Ha ha.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always post my answer before reading through everyone else’s list and many more of my favorites are listed. A Fish Called Wanda and Galaxy Quest are certainly up there with me too.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a huge fan of Monty Python, however I do like Life of Brian and The Meaning of Life.

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
The Nutty Professor (Jerry Lewis, not the newer junk remakes)
Love at first bite
Mrs Doubtfire
White Chicks
School for Scoundrels

White Chicks! ROFL!

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
I must have no sence of humour :mrgreen2:
Your lists look like the worst movies of all time to me :lol-2:
I watched this English movie called hot fuz almost all the way through before clicking it was a comedy
Although i did enjoy groundhog day

Is Trading Places considered a comedy, as I love that film?!

@Daisys and Diamonds I giggled at your comment re: Hot Fuzz. In parts, it is a p-take on us stuffy Brits which is quite funny.

Adding Hot Fuzz to my list of movies to see!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sally Brown I had to have the beaver joke explained to me afterwards as I was too innocent to understand at the time! :roll2: :lol-2:

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
I like several mentioned and things like Four Weddings and a Funeral, at the start when Hugh Grant's character is running late and saying the F word over and over I always watch it and either say or think (depending if I am watching it with someone else or on my own) well that's me right there, running late, a shambles and saying the F word in jest repeatedly.

And Rowan Atkins as the Vicar in that movie was pretty funny not to mention Mr Bean in General.....

I also find most films with Melissa McCarthy funny....

My DH is such a Mr. Bean fan. I always laugh because one of our friends looks just like Rowan Atkinson (poor guy)!

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
The other Mel Brooks film that I like is Spaceballs - a funny satire on science fiction films especially Star Wars.

I also like his "High Anxiety", a satire on Hitchcock films.

Mel Brooks = comedy genius

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
BTW when I first saw your topic I thought it was what were your 5 most funniest moments and I immediately thought of some times I was laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe and thought those stories will take me a while to type up. Ha ha.

That would make an awesome new thread! :lol:

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
I always post my answer before reading through everyone else’s list and many more of my favorites are listed. A Fish Called Wanda and Galaxy Quest are certainly up there with me too.

I love AFCW!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Step Brothers with Will Ferrell. Actually most of his movies are really funny.

I agree, Will Ferrell cracks me up, just one big giant goofball. My all time favorite funny movie of his Is Elf!

Another guy is Sasha Baron Cohen aka “Borat” aka “Ali G”. He cracks me up too. Besides these 2 guys and their movies, I rarely watch comedies, other than Stand-up.

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
I agree, Will Ferrell cracks me up, just one big giant goofball. My all time favorite funny movie of his Is Elf!

Another guy is Sasha Baron Cohen aka “Borat” aka “Ali G”. He cracks me up too. Besides these 2 guys and their movies, I rarely watch comedies, other than Stand-up.

I’m halfway through the new Borat movie!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not strictly a comedy as such, however, Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg are very good in The Other Guys IMHO.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More movies I liked-
Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg in Daddy’s Home 1 and 2.
Steve Martin in Father of the Bride. I still have to watch the sequel.
Robert De Niro and Ben Stiller in Meet the Parents and Meet the Fockers. I haven’t watched Little Fockers yet. Maybe I’ll do it tonight.

Last edited:

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
More movies I liked-
Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg in Daddy’s Home 1 and 2.
Steve Martin in Father of the Bride. I still have to watch the sequel.
Robert De Niro and Ben Stiller in Meet the Parents and Meet the Fockers. I haven’t watched Little Fockers yet. Maybe I’ll do it tonight.

Meet the Parents is awesome. There is nothing De Niro can’t do :)

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels had me laughing so much that my guts ached! (Ruprect!) Trains Planes & Automobiles & The Nutty Proffessor & The Klumps (Grandma)are some of the funniest films that I have watched

Last edited:

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels had me laughing so much that my guts ached! (Ruprect!) Trains Planes & Automobiles & The Nutty Proffessor & The Klumps (Grandma)are some of the funniest films that I have watched

Grandma Klump: ”Hercules! Hercules! Hercules!” Lol.
I do the hand clap and say this to my DH all.the.time.:lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Philadelphia Story (1940)
Swingers
Chasing Amy
9 to 5
When Harry Met Sally

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results