shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your thoughts on this White Flash Custom Design?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
wow, it''s beautiful! She will love it!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
That is a fabulous ring!!! Proportions are beautiful, stone is magnificent!! Please, make sure to add hand pictures when you have them.

Good luck on the engagement! I hope she remembers to answer you when you "pop the question," she may be so stunned by this amazing ring that she''s struck speechless!!

Mrs.Guz

Shiny_Rock
It is a beautiful ring - congratulations!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its absolutely beautiful! I would love to wear a ring like that!!
30.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I think it turned out great - and I really like the prongs!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You mean bear claws like the donut? Yeah I''d take it with that or even munchkins!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
MMMM munchkins.

Great ring, can''t wait to see it in IRL!

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
fabulous ! really STUNNING!

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
LOve it, it is BEAUTIFUL!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
very very beautiful!! i adore the prongs!
30.gif

Kal-El

Rough_Rock
I finally Got the finished Product. I am very pleased with the way it turned out. I will have pictures posted tonight. Thank you to everyone for all the positive comments.
1.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Whoo-hoo! Can''t wait!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it turned out fabulously beautiful! I love it and it''s so much more delicate than the CAD!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its gorgeous and set just the right height!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s perfect, truly!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! You did a great job!

MonkeyMike

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 4:25:45 PM
Author: Kal-El
I finally Got the finished Product. I am very pleased with the way it turned out. I will have pictures posted tonight. Thank you to everyone for all the positive comments.
1.gif

Kal-El... can you send me a private message... I would like to ask you some questions, but I have not figured out how to send PM''s on this board.

~mike

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I just read this thread and just wanted to say that I think your ring design is beautiful! I don''t want a setting that is too high either when I eventually (hopefully
1.gif
) get one, and I think this looks just right for "not too high." Good job designing - hehe my BF doesn''t even pay attention to the details of settings, baskets, etc so looks like I''ll be doing that decision making...
3.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Can I ask how long it took you to design it and then how long for Whiteflash to make it? And did you get your stone and setting both from them? Just a little info to help me in my current search... thanks!!

Kal-El

Rough_Rock

Yes, Both the stone and the setting came from Whiteflash. From searching for the stone and designing the setting and to when I received the ring it probably took about a month and a half to 2 months. It only took so long because I had a hard time deciding on the stone and the setting. Whiteflash has been great with working with me. I am lucky enough to live in Houston so I went to Whiteflash a few times to look at several different stones. I actually have been shopping around for a stone since January this year. I passed on a few good stones at other places only to realize that prices were going up. So when I saw one that I actually liked I jumped on it. I bought the stone and had them hold on to it for over 2 weeks while I went around town trying to figure out what kind of setting I wanted.

Once I picked the stone I wanted. I started to look at different settings. I had a setting that I already knew my girlfriend really liked picked out in my mind. However, I did not know that Whiteflash would not exactly copy a designer setting. So, that set me back. I went to every store in the mall and went on various websites to get an idea of what different settings looked like. I am a very visual person so I had to see how things look like in person before I could make a decision. It is always hard to look at a picture and feel comfortable with the way it looks. I went to Tiffany’s, De Beers, Cartier, each more than 2 times to get a good idea of the different styles. Deciding on what I wanted was the hardest part.

Once I picked out several rings I liked I decided to put all the features that I liked from those Designer rings together. I provided a drawing that I made as well as pictures of the other rings of the different characteristics of each ring that I liked and sent them in to Whiteflash. Communication was very important because the first CAD that they provided was totally wrong. I got very disappointed with the outcome. Tracy at Whiteflash stepped in and had Brian give me a call and we met up to discuss the ring. Once we came into agreement on the design they ordered another CAD. During this time a few people went on vacation so that set things back a few days. But once I had approved the CAD I posted it on Pricescope to get people''s opinions. I think that was July 24th.

A few days later I got an email from the production team that said the Cast had failed on the first attempt to make the ring and that they were going to try again and that it would set things back a week. So I did have a few hiccups throughout the process. The CAD drawing does not do the ring anY justice. The pictures they sent me turned out ok, but it was not until I received the ring that I was truly impressed. All in all I am very pleased with my ring and my total experience with Whiteflash. Everyone''s hard work really paid off. Kudos to everyone at Whiteflash. Tracy was great to work with. She and I have spoken over the phone and emailed each other so often, we have become friends. I am sure Brian is tired of me too. I saw him a more than a few times.

I am not going to pop the question anytime soon, but when I do give her the ring I hope she appreciates the hard work I had to go through to make this all happen!
I hope that this answers any questions that you had. If you have more please feel free to ask!

Kal-El

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 9:25:28 AM
Author: MonkeyMike

Date: 8/21/2008 4:25:45 PM
1.gif

Kal-El... can you send me a private message... I would like to ask you some questions, but I have not figured out how to send PM''s on this board.

~mike
MonkeyMike,

For some reason, I too can figure out how to PM. What were your questions?

MonkeyMike

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 12:14:58 PM

MonkeyMike,

I think the private message feature is turned off on PS
8.gif
. Would you be willing to do some email correspondence? As faux-pas as it probably is, I would like to know what they charged you for the setting (looks for an "embarrassed" smilie). I REALLY like the design of your e-ring, as it has some of the design details taken from a few rings that have piqued my interest, and I may want to pursue a similar design with WF. If you are uncomfortable with discussing how much you spent, that's totally understandable, and I won't pursue it any further. Basically, I am considering a center that is right around 1 ct, and I want to see if your setting design is even in the ballpark for what I want to spend on a setting. Let me know via reply, and if you are okay with it, I can put up an email address for you to contact me.

Thanks

~mike

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful! and those prongs are perfect, much prefer them to rounder ones.

Ali

Shiny_Rock
The focus of Pricescope is education and information for all. Please feel free to share your experience publicly. Currently, PM''s are not operational. Also, for the privacy and protection of our members, we do not allow personal information, including email addresses, to be posted.

If you have any questions about the policies, please feel free to contact us.

Kal-El

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 2:13:40 PM

Date: 8/22/2008 12:14:58 PM

MonkeyMike,

I think the private message feature is turned off on PS
8.gif
. Would you be willing to do some email correspondence? As faux-pas as it probably is, I would like to know what they charged you for the setting (looks for an ''embarrassed'' smilie). I REALLY like the design of your e-ring, as it has some of the design details taken from a few rings that have piqued my interest, and I may want to pursue a similar design with WF. If you are uncomfortable with discussing how much you spent, that''s totally understandable, and I won''t pursue it any further. Basically, I am considering a center that is right around 1 ct, and I want to see if your setting design is even in the ballpark for what I want to spend on a setting. Let me know via reply, and if you are okay with it, I can put up an email address for you to contact me.

Thanks

~mike

MonkeyMike,

It seems that we can not exchange information via Email. The moderator removed my last response to you. To answer your question of how much I paid for the setting, I paid a little less than 2000.00 for it. It is a platinum setting with a micro pave band 3/4 of the way down. My center stone was almost a 1.5 carat. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

MonkeyMike

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 11:23:56 AM
MonkeyMike,

It seems that we can not exchange information via Email. The moderator removed my last response to you. To answer your question of how much I paid for the setting, I paid a little less than 2000.00 for it. It is a platinum setting with a micro pave band 3/4 of the way down. My center stone was almost a 1.5 carat. I hope this helps.

Thanks,
yeah, i got my virtual hand-slap, and my posting deleted
9.gif

thanks for the info. i was thinking the price would be right around there. its consistent with the other WF platinum w/ pave/channel settings. also, from the pictures, it really looks like it is has diamonds all the way around.

the proportions of that e-ring are great. can you tell me what width the band width is? it looks to be around 2.3 to 2.5 mm (given the size of a typical 1.5 ct RB).

~mike

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
This ring is absolutely beautiful! Great job! I''m sure that she will appreciate all of your hard work!
36.gif

Kal-El

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/25/2008 8:41:40 PM

Date: 8/25/2008 11:23:56 AM
MonkeyMike,

Thanks,
yeah, i got my virtual hand-slap, and my posting deleted
9.gif

thanks for the info. i was thinking the price would be right around there. its consistent with the other WF platinum w/ pave/channel settings. also, from the pictures, it really looks like it is has diamonds all the way around.

the proportions of that e-ring are great. can you tell me what width the band width is? it looks to be around 2.3 to 2.5 mm (given the size of a typical 1.5 ct RB).

~mike

I wanted the the width to be 2.5mm The matchings wedding band is also 2.5mm. On wedding band ring the diamonds are all the way around. I have not had that one made yet, but a CAD was made with the E-ring. I have been really busy with things and I have not had a chance to take good pictures of the ring. I should have them up soon.

Kal-El

Rough_Rock
NEW PICS

url]

Kal-El

Rough_Rock
Pics

kalelring1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results