shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your thoughts on this White Flash Custom Design?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kal-El

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I am currently working with Whiteflash to create a custom engagement setting with a matching wedding band. I received the CAD work today and I am fairly pleased with the design. The only issue that I have is I think the Diamond sits a bit too high. I personally like a lower profile setting. This ring is a surprise so I do not want to ask my Girlfriend’s opinion.

The design is a micro pave band with a single solitaire stone and a matching wedding band to sit flush.
The Specs of the Diamond that I am putting with this ring is a Whiteflash A Cut Above 1.4 Carat F Color VS1 Clarity.

According to the Joe the CAD designer at Whiteflash, height of this setting would be about 6.0 mm from the top of the finger to the top of the stone.
I have attached the CAD drawing for your opinions.

Kal-El

Rough_Rock
Forgot to add the file

CAD - 072408 - 1ver1.jpg

Kal-El

Rough_Rock
Second CAD Drawing

CAD - 072408 - 2ver1.jpg

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
Overall I think it is beautiful,but the only thing that bus me a little is the prongs...I can''t quite put my finger on it,but it''s really all in personal taste.

Kal-El

Rough_Rock
Joe Said that he gave them a bit more material on the prongs. So that when it goes in to production they have more to work with and that when it is finished it will not look like that. It will be lower and a bit more flat.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I like the height. I''m not a fan of the ''make it as low as possible, culet almost touching the finger'' thing. I think it looks more graceful, and makes the stone look larger to be a little higher. As long as it''s not ridiculously high of course. And yours isn''t.

I like it a lot. I think it will be a knock-out!

Cocosgirl

Shiny_Rock
Oh now I thought "how lovely it''s set so nice and low"!! Go figure. I think it''s a very clean, elegant design. Thought the same thing about the prongs but they do need more metal to work with . . .

Good luck.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another one here who thinks it''s actually quite a low setting! (Sorry!) It''s very difficult to tell from photos but a height of 6mm I don''t think will look high at all once it''s on the finger.

Lovely design and setting btw. I''m sure your girlfriend will be delighted.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
It is lovely. Not too high at all. What may be throwing your eye off a bit are the over-extended prongs.

(don''t worry about those: the WF cads always show exaggerated prongs: it''s part of the cad/production process).

I''m happy to hear Joe is back at work: he''s doing the CADs for my ring too! I guess you were in the queue ahead of me!
1.gif

LS

Itgirl76

Shiny_Rock
I actually think the setting sits really low....There doesn''t seem to be very much height at all... Sorry...just my opinion

Itgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 8:22:31 PM
Author: Itgirl76
I actually think the setting sits really low....There doesn''t seem to be very much height at all... Sorry...just my opinion
BTW the ring is very pretty...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Add me to the list of people who think it looks nice and low! Right now it looks like it's going to stand out nicely but not be too high. You could always ask Joe to adjust it so that the diamond is lower and see if you like that look, though. It looks like it's going to be a beauty!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops, forgot to add that if you want the band to be flush fit, it''s probably not possible for the diamond to be set super low.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
It already looks low to me. I probably would have set it higher, so if low is your goal - I think they met it
1.gif

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
That looks great to me. There was a post on here earlier about how the CAD drawings don''t show the prongs correctly. They just show them before setting and polishing, which makes them look chunkier. I don''t think the diamond looks too high. I think it looks perfectly proportioned.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think the diamond is too high. In fact, some may prefer it to be higher. It''ll be a gorgeous ring!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s beautiful. The final prongs will be shaved down. I like the position of the stone. It isn''t high at all compared to other settings. The culet is pretty close to the metal so I don''t know how much they could lower it. I like the basket.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
stunning--the pictures never look quite "real" --i think it looks perfect if its set lower it may well too low---like just a band with the stone set into it...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like it overall, just not loving the prongs. Cads always make them look heavier than IRL, but would want them to be less strong and less heavy. But that''s just me. I think the stone''s height is perfect. It''s a gorgeous set!!! Can''t wait for pics once it''s finished.
1.gif

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I like it a lot! I think it will be stunning when all said and done.

Kal-El

Rough_Rock
Thank you to everyone for your feed back. I have given the green light for the production of the E-Ring. I should have pictures of the finished product by next week. I will post them when I get it. Thanks again to everyone!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to interrupt. I just wanted to say hello to Superman''s Dad.

Hello.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m someone who likes superlow settings (my anniversary stone is bezel set) but for that design I think the height is just right, very proportional. Please post pics when it is all done!

Kal-El

Rough_Rock
So Here it is! This is the finished product and is being shipped to me via Fed Ex today. Let me know what you think! I personally wanted the prongs to be more round.

Kal-El

Rough_Rock
Here it is

Ering8_15.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that is a beautiful ring. What a difference from the CAD pictures. I LOVE it!!!

Linda

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i really like he prongs! you did a great job, i think she''ll love it!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can say is YUM!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results