shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your thoughts on how government is handling COVID-19

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think this would be helpful at all.

Yeah having a power vacuum right now would be terrible. As much as I am horrified by things he does including his lack of comprehension regarding covid, the country would benefit more if he’d put ego/denial/whatever aside and start listening to scientists and health advisors and act in the public interest.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah having a power vacuum right now would be terrible. As much as I am horrified by things he does including his lack of comprehension regarding covid, the country would benefit more if he’d put ego/denial/whatever aside and start listening to scientists and health advisors and act in the public interest.

I agree. I wish he would stop the off the cuff crap and talk less.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Well to summarise from England (as Scotland are being more proactive with social distancing), anyone with a sustained new cough/fever is being asked to self isolate for 7 days. Schools and businesses for now remaining open. Health advisers openly state there are probably 5000- 10,000 cases in the community and it is openly circulating. But it is too soon to implement social distancing strategies. Best place to read up is the BBC.
This flies in the face of what other countries are doing, so a very confusing picture.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We missed the boat with testing, but what we need now is to have hospitals ready. We do not want to be where Italy is when we are in the same part of the virus curve the Italians are in now. We need space for more hospital rooms; more trained medical staff; and more ventilators. Ideally a task force could be formed immediately that would plow through all red tape and form this instantly using all the reserves the government has. I have heard many ideas floated. We need a smart team led by an innovator.

Today I called my congressman and both senators and advocated this. I urge everyone to do so. We still have a week to pull off a miracle with the hospitals. Let's not blow this the way we did the test kits. We KNOW about this!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We missed the boat with testing, but what we need now is to have hospitals ready. We do not want to be where Italy is when we are in the same part of the virus curve the Italians are in now. We need space for more hospital rooms; more trained medical staff; and more ventilators. Ideally a task force could be formed immediately that would plow through all red tape and form this instantly using all the reserves the government has. I have heard many ideas floated. We need a smart team led by an innovator.

Today I called my congressman and both senators and advocated this. I urge everyone to do so. We still have a week to pull off a miracle with the hospitals. Let's not blow this the way we did the test kits. We KNOW about this!

My hospital has been on this ever since the news from China. While federal help and organization would be great, we are working hard and with other hospitals to prepare best we can!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hospital has been on this ever since the news from China. While federal help and organization would be great, we are working hard and with other hospitals to prepare best we can!

I know individual hospitals are working hard. It is not enough. The federal government should be making this its priority and throwing all its power; prestige; amd money behind it.

God bless you and your husband, MakingThe Grade.

Hugs,
Deb

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know individual hospitals are working hard. It is not enough. The federal government should be making this its priority and throwing all its power; prestige; amd money behind it.

God bless you and your husband, MakingThe Grade.

Hugs,
Deb

Thanks. I work in a hospital and plan on going to work as expected. My spouse is worried they will shut down the substance clinic he works at since it’s an outpatient clinic. He’s super concerned that the population he works with will relapse and die if they close :(

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@MakingTheGrade I used to be a nurse consultant working in a clinic similar to your husband and really understand his anxieties and the risks for this particularly vulnerable group. Sending best wishes!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I get it; I didn’t say he was perfect, or every word he has stated (about this or anything else) is/was fact/truth/accurate/etc. I also don’t expect every single word that every medical ‘professional’ says right now to be fact/truth/accurate/etc. The fundamental fact and point I’m making that a lot of people are missing in their rush to criticize, condemn, and opine on our various leaders’ ‘intentions’ is that in times of crisis, there are bound to be misstatements, mistakes, misinformation, etc.

If you don’t like hearing it come out of “the orange one’s” mouth, stop tuning into the ‘news’ and go to the CDC website for the latest. Putting so much energy into criticizing others in the midst of the ‘crisis’ benefits no one. Rest assured, there is a time for and WILL be a ‘post mortem’ on handling, opportunities for improvement, etc., but it’s after the situation is contained and more ‘manageable’.

If you come home to a running faucet in your sink and water spilling all over the floor ... do you hurl accusations and conduct an interrogation of household members, or do you first turn the faucet off and grab some towels to contain the problem and minimize damage?

Why would I, as a US citizen, stop listening to what comes out of our leader's mouth? People can (and should) criticize the incompetence of this administration AND get educated about this pandemic at the same time.

And ah yes, can't talk about it in the midst of a crisis...reminds me of when conservatives are offended about talk of gun violence solutions "too soon" after a mass shooting.

Finally, what's with all the net nannying? If you don't like reading other people's views, why not stop rather than trying to order them to?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the good of the nation, I hope he does get COVID-19 himself so he can stop interfering with people who want to do something about it.

It's a possibility, since he's not getting tested no matter what, no way, no how, and neither is Pence...
Snort.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a possibility, since he's not getting tested no matter what, no way, no how, and neither is Pence...
Snort.

If you don’t get tested you never have to say that you have it, and it’s OK to look at the sun directly during an eclipse. At least he’s only the president not our primary physician.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snort.

Aussie news reported all day Trump had a meet and greet with someone who has now tested positive and was at a function next to someone that has tested positive and kept showing clips of him stating he didn't shake hands and flat out refusing to get tested himself. The man is a master of denial....

Sibsgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

Matata,

I thought of you last night when DT went on TV. I thought they got his orange color just right. The Orange Orangutan made another outstanding performance reading the teleprompter His makeup was well done.

What do you think he is hiding under there. Age spots?

Annette
Pretty sure it's this:
photo.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an interesting read:

This is the most important take away in my opinion:
"The earlier you impose heavy measures, the less time you need to keep them, the easier it is to identify brewing cases, and the fewer people get infected. "

For all those trying to live "life as usual" and want things to stay open and day to day not to be affected due to economic concerns, at this point most scientists agree the math is not in favor of that.

I'm not advocating hoarding or panic etc. But doing your best in social distancing is the responsible thing to do at this point. Kudos to the cities that have taken an aggressive approach in shutting down concert venues and large gatherings etc. It may still be too little too late but at least it's in the right direction.

"Flatten the curve" is the key concept right now to avoid health care resources from getting overwhelmed in the next month.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.07.05 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 9.07.14 AM.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aussie news reported all day Trump had a meet and greet with someone who has now tested positive and was at a function next to someone that has tested positive and kept showing clips of him stating he didn't shake hands and flat out refusing to get tested himself. The man is a master of denial....

Oh I'm 100% confident he's gotten tested, as has everyone else of import in our esteemed government. They just won't say that publicly because they've got agendas to fulfill. No way this self-serving narcissist puts himself and his nearest and dearest at risk. And if he has in fact contracted it they'll tell us he's come down with a bad case of the flu, and that it is definitively not coronavirus.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
So the WHO have released a statement just now.

Do not just let this fire burn" - that's what World Health Organization director Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus warned governments at the WHO daily press conference.

He urged countries to “find, isolate, test and treat every case to break the chains of transmission”. Every case found reduced the risk of spread, he said. (Source BBC)

The UK Government are aiming to establish 'herd immunity'. Who is right I wonder?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Social distancing helps. The virus is expected to peak in 10-13 weeks. I'd say June is going to be a bad month. Wash your hands often.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just remember you Trumpsters (who probably have me muted but I don't care) this cheetoh head is the reason why we are behind and NOW he calls out FEMA, he's total waste of humanity.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lyra thank you for the video from the British physician, I sent that to my sons and my best friends! very helpful.

Social distancing helps. The virus is expected to peak in 10-13 weeks. I'd say June is going to be a bad month. Wash your hands often.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata - I'm not sure that is true, the man can do no wrong no matter what by his most passionate supporters!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Even when you think you've heard it all - people will find new ways to astonish!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Really?? . remember when he first closed the gate on China in late Jan?? and the left called him a racist. ..:wall:

Yes, politicized, by the Dems!..:rolleyes:

Now I know why you have to ask so many questions. Your head is so full of Fox News BS, there is no room for anything else!!! :lol-2:

Today the Nitwit in Chief declared a National Emergency, but up until a week ago he was loudly proclaiming it was a Democrat Hoax.

Why don't you go ask your idol to explain that?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
NZ just imposed mandatory 14 day self isolation on everyone entering from everywhere but the Pacific islands
crusie ships banned from midnight sunday
internatuonal sports competitions have been postponed and cancelled
we just had our 5th confirned case
its going to be hard on the tourism sector but it is what it is

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results