shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your favorite clasps?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to be making necklaces, bracelets, and earrings for my bridesmaids. What I''m wondering is what types of clasps do you guys prefer for your pearls? pictures and links would be appreciated
9.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I read your other thread asking about toggle clasps, and honestly, I don''t like them. Aside from the safety issue, they just look cheap to me, but that''s totally MY aesthetic - I know others love them. Having said that, I purchased an inexpensive sterling toggle clasp from the craft store to use with a pearllunar strand. It doesn''t look as bad as I thought it would, but it pinches my hair, and I''ll be switching it out for something else. My favorite clasps so far are box clasps, and they come in a huge range of designs. Did you see my intergem bracelet? I picked out a sterling box clasp for it (link) which was pretty fancy, but there are lots of choices that are much simpler.

I think that clasps matter less on necklaces (unless they''re meant to be worn in front, of course), but can really set the tone for bracelets.

I agree with cellentani....

I''ve had my eye on this clasp for a bracelet in white gold, but I''ll have to wait before getting it. I also am doing necklaces for my (2) bridesmaids and I think I''ll just use the one it comes with (that flowery chuyun one) or one similar to this.

I think necklaces can be covered up, but either way pick one that is easy to put on, yet secure.

How are you making the earrings? I have purchased several half drilled beads and am wondering what to do with them, so any insight you can share would be great
5.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I actually like the simplicity of toggle clasps, but only on casual necklaces--particularly on casual necklaces that wouldn''t break my heart if I lost them.

I find lobster claws most secure and comfortable, but I kind of hate the way they look.

I think box clasps and those lozenge-shape filigree clasps are the most elegant. Not always the most secure, though.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
cellentani- I love love love the clasp on your bracelet! thanks for giving your opinion on the toggles too

swedish bean- hehe, umm, since these pieces are for my bridesmaids, I''d like them to be nice- but- I know none of them care even a little bit about jewelery, so I''m not terribly concerned about them being absolutely perfect...soooo... I''m probably going to just use left over pearls (that are drilled all the way through) and put them on headpins. The design I think I''m going for is: pearl at the bottom, a few small crystals above, connected to a fish hook earring
41.gif
I may change my mind though... ha!

glitterata- I don''t particularly care for the lobster claw look either. I think I''ll look into the box clasps.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Ok here are a few of my dream setting but I doubt it is for everyone. Also realize that I love colored gemstones so this is mixing my two loves!

Here is one from the late Diana, Princess of Wales

aquabracelet.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Another favorite but this time a necklace.

I think my taste might be a little too much for those who perfer a more classic/ simple look but these just call to me!

1213sarapearls.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Last one.

DOCsaraB.jpg

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
*GASP* someone else who thinks like me!!!! yay! I love the gemstone clasps you can wear in the front on three strand chokers!!! ahhhh!!

... sigh, someday, I''d like to get a nice three strand of dainty white pearls with a haloed tanzanite clasp..yum

thanks for the eye candy
2.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Great pics Sarabear - LOVE those clasps!
30.gif

I spent a good while browsing through this CGM Findings clasp eye candy! They have the best selection of clasps - fancy and plain - that I've seen. The really fancy ones are a few pages in, so check them all out. Unfortunately, they seem to be wholesale only, but maybe a jeweler could order one? I found them on the Intergem website, so they probably make that circuit too.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 1:16:04 AM
Author: kas baby
*GASP* someone else who thinks like me!!!! yay! I love the gemstone clasps you can wear in the front on three strand chokers!!! ahhhh!!

... sigh, someday, I''d like to get a nice three strand of dainty white pearls with a haloed tanzanite clasp..yum

thanks for the eye candy
2.gif
haha I love it!!! All my friends think my taste in jewelry is a little costumey
23.gif
I should have known that PSers would appreciate it my pictures though! I''m glad you love them! One Day I really hope to have the aqua bracelet made...we will see
27.gif

Date: 10/28/2009 2:00:57 AM
Author: Sarahbear621
Date: 10/21/2009 1:16:04 AM

Author: kas baby

thanks for the eye candy
2.gif

haha I love it!!! All my friends think my taste in jewelry is a little costumey
23.gif
I should have known that PSers would appreciate it my pictures though! I''m glad you love them! One Day I really hope to have the aqua bracelet made...we will see
27.gif

Trust me, if I could afford it... I''d do it!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I just ordered a bunch of stuff from Argentium Silver Supply. Linky.

They have a minimum order of $50, but their prices seem good and they shipped quickly. I bought earring findings and argentium silver chains as well as necklace/bracelet clasps. Nothing fancy, but seems well made. Make sure you understand the sizes if you plan to order from them--the toggle clasps are much bigger than I expected, for example, and the lobster clasps are smaller.

Argentium is a tarnish-resistant sterling silver alloy. My body chemistry tarnishes standard silver quickly, so these will be helpful.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I buy a lot of clasps from artbeads.com. I love their clasp selection. This is my favorite: it comes in multistrand and single. I have like four pearl necklaces I''ve strung with it.

artbeads_2078_150848776.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
This is my favorite hook & eye clasp artbeads stocks. It''s $5.89. The one I pictured above is $5.09.

artbeads_2078_733284251.jpg

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Glitterata, I''ve wondered about argentium, and I am planning on getting several different clasps for lots of projects. I''ll have to look into that.

I love those clasps you posted LittleGreyKitten! I''m going to have to check out that website.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results