shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
As per usual, without resizing, rings only fit on my little finger.

IMG_20220411_144847_871.jpg

A comparison shot with the antique spinel ring. Neither are perfect stones, but the colours are nice, and the size of the bigger one is :dance:

IMG_20220411_163555_240.jpg

Heard back from the lab regarding the antique ring - mogok, untreated (vendor said no guarantees that it is untreated so phew), and turns out to be 2.3 ct rather than the 1.9ct as esitmated by vendor. Was thinking it seemed a bit big for under 2 carats!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Heard back from the lab regarding the antique ring - mogok, untreated (vendor said no guarantees that it is untreated so phew), and turns out to be 2.3 ct rather than the 1.9ct as esitmated by vendor. Was thinking it seemed a bit big for under 2 carats!

Welp, I'm super jealous of them both. I would be over the moon!
Rings like that are really hard to find with naturals and you have two, lucky, lucky. :love: :love: :love:

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Welp, I'm super jealous of them both. I would be over the moon!
Rings like that are really hard to find with naturals and you have two, lucky, lucky. :love: :love: :love:

Ha, well one is quite included and the other has some small chips (though I think these can be removed). And I bought them without seeing them in person despite sales being final. May have to sell the antique one, though still undecided!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, especially antiques, at least where I am. They got snapped up with a quickness!

Ah, yes, antiques that's true. I've very rarely come across nice antique spinel rings and whenever I do an online image search, it's sold. I did have my eye on a couple of really really fab pieces, then when I finally had the money to go ahead with the purchase they were gone :cry2:

Spinel rings are not so easy to find either, not so common to see them set, but you can find them. I've seen a few - actually there is a bargain looking one on ebay but I guess it also depends on your budget.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Ah, yes, antiques that's true. I've very rarely come across nice antique spinel rings and whenever I do an online image search, it's sold. I did have my eye on a couple of really really fab pieces, then when I finally had the money to go ahead with the purchase they were gone :cry2:

Spinel rings are not so easy to find either, not so common to see them set, but you can find them. I've seen a few - actually there is a bargain looking one on ebay but I guess it also depends on your budget.

This is the song of my quest, always a day late and dollar short. I do love them so. The trouble is the last few years everybody else now does too :lol:

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
This is the song of my quest, always a day late and dollar short. I do love them so. The trouble is the last few years everybody else now does too :lol:

Yes...so true. But it's possible to find good deals on spinels, whereas rubies...

I think though with antique spinel rings, I don't think they made them as much as other stones, and many are synthetic as you know.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So im often lamenting my overpriced pre-PS mall purchases
and one day i might be a grown up with a good job and get to buy from WF and David Klass and Wink and visit Garry's shop in Sydney, buy pearls from Andrew M etc etc

But sometimes im actually happy with a mall purchase

i brought this garnet braclete last year from the mall jewler with the wider demographic

Despite how it photographed it does not brown out at all (unlike my earings that came from the same shop)
this is the first time ive worn it
just the bus into town and then a walk home in the sun
That's my silver peridot ring that was recently resized after sitting in a drawer for 5 years as an auction find
20220518_121542.jpg

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
I love this ring and am so glad I had it made when gold was "cheaper"

Zircons are such a bargain stone!

PXL_20220519_071147974.PORTRAIT.jpg

Oh, I love the green tint to your zircon! Would you mind mentioning the vendor where you got it from? I've been toying with getting one.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love the green tint to your zircon! Would you mind mentioning the vendor where you got it from? I've been toying with getting one.

Sorry I just saw this!

Jeff Davies

He made the ring too!

I'm wearing these rings and thanking my lucky stars I got them before the crazy price rises!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results