shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Out having a nice, long meal with no chance of any rowdiness, so it is safe to wear this ring that used to belong to my mum.
I was with her when she bought it over 40 years ago!
A cabochon Ruby about 2ct in a diamond cluster setting.

20220407_192726.jpg

DK :))

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Out having a nice, long meal with no chance of any rowdiness, so it is safe to wear this ring that used to belong to my mum.
I was with her when she bought it over 40 years ago!
A cabochon Ruby about 2ct in a diamond cluster setting.

20220407_192726.jpg

DK :))

Oh, love the unusual but stylish cluster - very vintage chic!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Actually don't you have one that is very similar to the pinkish photo colour-wise?

Yes, I have about five that are varying close and then four that are pad like...and then... they are my weakness :lol: Forever and ever :lol:

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
I’m finally wearing the sapphire ring that I got for a steal on eBay, assuming it’s natural. I will be sending it to GIA very soon.

This photo is in low natural, indoor light. It has a nice rich velvety blue color that is hard to capture but I almost like it better than when it’s in bright light because then I get the half and half effect.

84ACBE6F-4839-4AB9-8857-62CC06B9010D.jpeg 7B5DB262-E544-448C-9C17-B18C9A980AC4.jpeg

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
As per usual, without resizing, rings only fit on my little finger.

IMG_20220411_144847_871.jpg

A comparison shot with the antique spinel ring. Neither are perfect stones, but the colours are nice, and the size of the bigger one is :dance:

IMG_20220411_163555_240.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

A comparison shot with the antique spinel ring. Neither are perfect stones, but the colours are nice, and the size of the bigger one is :dance:

OoOooh, gimme, gimme, gimme! My favorite. My preciousssssssss. :love: :lol:
I wish I could find rings like that.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
OoOooh, gimme, gimme, gimme! My favorite. My preciousssssssss. :love: :lol:
I wish I could find rings like that.

Thanks. Yes, spinel rings are not easy to find. I realise I have a compulsion to buy spinel rings partly for this reason but may have to choose between the two as spent too much recently!

You do have a ring like this - the East West one with the prongs is a stunner!

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock

Wow gorgeous. If you return one let us know where to find it!

I’m also a sucker for spinels. I have a not so small collection of loose stones and so far 4 rings with various shades of pink but one of those is going to my mom.

But I do not have one that is big and red and juicy like yours!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. Yes, spinel rings are not easy to find. I realise I have a compulsion to buy spinel rings partly for this reason but may have to choose between the two as spent too much recently!

You do have a ring like this - the East West one with the prongs is a stunner!
Yes but, yes but, now I'm looking at yours.
Thank you, I love it too. I also just go especially squirrelly for spinel.
They are both especially nice haystack finds!

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Wow gorgeous. If you return one let us know where to find it!

I’m also a sucker for spinels. I have a not so small collection of loose stones and so far 4 rings with various shades of pink but one of those is going to my mom.

But I do not have one that is big and red and juicy like yours!

The rings are not returnable so if I don't decide to keep both, I'll have to sell one of them - probably the antique one, though I'm thinking antique spinel rings are so hard to find and maybe I shouldn't :D

They're not perfect stones though (the antique one has 3 small chips though may be possible to buff out and the bigger one has a slight window? and a certain amount of inclusions including black crystals) - personally I'm not bothered by these if they're not super noticeable when worn and I'm a colour person all the way, but not all PS'ers feel the same way! The price on the big one was very good though (considering the size and it being set) so that helped too.

The big one has a very thick gold band - I'm dreading the resizing costs...I swear, there's enough gold for 2 rings!

IMG_20220412_101225_639.jpg

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Yes but, yes but, now I'm looking at yours.
Thank you, I love it too. I also just go especially squirrelly for spinel.
They are both especially nice haystack finds!

Does yours shift colour too? The one in my avatar does, and I thought it was just that one, but these two others do quite a lot too, particularly the big one. I wonder if this is more prominent/noticeable with orangeish-pink/red stones (which mine all are)

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Does yours shift colour too? The one in my avatar does, and I thought it was just that one, but these two others do quite a lot too, particularly the big one. I wonder if this is more prominent/noticeable with orangeish-pink/red stones (which mine all are)

Yes, every one of mine do from the reds, blues, purple, the pinks, the pads and the little grey. Some more noticeably than others. I'd say my e-ring is a medium shifter. Luckily, they're all pleasing to the eye. I think many, if not most, are moody in some way. I don't know if it's prominent in the pastel shades as I have yet to own one. I also have a dark purple one that actually looks better in indoor lighting than outside- which was surprising to me when I first got it. I've always wondered if that was typical or not.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, every one of mine do from the reds, blues, purple, the pinks, the pads and the little grey. Some more noticeably than others. I'd say my e-ring is a medium shifter. Luckily, they're all pleasing to the eye. I think many, if not most, are moody in some way. I don't know if it's prominent in the pastel shades as I have yet to own one. I also have a dark purple one that actually looks better in indoor lighting than outside- which was surprising to me when I first got it. I've always wondered if that was typical or not.

Interesting. I also find that spinels can look quite nice in low light. Also, even though I'm going for similar shades, none are exactly the same. They can look very similar in one light, then look different in others.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Actually the colour change on the bigger spinel is really noticeable. It goes from hot/pink to orangeish pink during the day, and at night, under yellow lights or low light outside, it looks orangish red to red, definitely not pink, but under strong supermaket lighting, it goes back to hot pink. Even leaving my house at night and walking down the stairs, it changed colour depending on how strong or bright the light was or how far away from the light I was.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Actually the colour change on the bigger spinel is really noticeable. It goes from hot/pink to orangeish pink during the day, and at night, under yellow lights or low light outside, it looks orangish red to red, definitely not pink, but under strong supermaket lighting, it goes back to hot pink. Even leaving my house at night and walking down the stairs, it changed colour depending on how strong or bright the light was or how far away from the light I was.

I know many prefer stability in color presentation, but I love that spinel shifts. I just find it endlessly fascinating. I'm the weirdo walking up and down the stairs a few times just to watch it happen.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
I know many prefer stability in color presentation, but I love that spinel shifts. I just find it endlessly fascinating. I'm the weirdo walking up and down the stairs a few times just to watch it happen.

Never understood why 'stability' is preferred by some - I mean, you get several stones in one when it changes colour and all colours are nice! On the other hand, if this is not always seen as a desirable quality, then it doesn't command a premium - yet. Let's hope it stays that way!

I can understand why people don't like colour shifting stones. I mean, everybody wants stability, right? These stones NEED TO BE priced to reflect their obvious flaw, at a very low cost!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Never understood why 'stability' is preferred by some - I mean, you get several stones in one when it changes colour and all colours are nice! On the other hand, if this is not always seen as a desirable quality, then it doesn't command a premium - yet. Let's hope it stays that way!

I can understand why people don't like colour shifting stones. I mean, everybody wants stability, right? These stones NEED TO BE priced to reflect their obvious flaw, at a very low cost!

Ha, YES.
My collection growth dependability is dependent upon this dependence.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results