shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stacked a purple spinel with an apatite with my watermelon ring. Wore an Afghan tourmaline in middle finger, and my favorite spinel. The Afghan is included, but I’m not sure what that black spot in the middle is. There is no black spot in the stone???

9950D4FB-B5C0-4C0D-92F7-0D1EE3C5B5F4.jpeg

Beryls
99B59243-13CC-473B-A2F0-1B7E0C49677F.jpeg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@prs, that’s some of the nicest bezel work on your tourmaline ring. It’s also a protective setting, which is great, because tourmaline can be chippy. Nice stone.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I shall make a thread out of it...

An antique brooch with not-so-interesting center removed and replaced by a sapphire. Love the look!

ETA: where does one get a velvet necklace ribbon?I think a choker with this brooch on a black velvet would be nice.
CF6E57CA-923D-44F5-B3E3-5B1BF0D7B3C9.jpeg

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

An antique brooch with not-so-interesting center removed and replaced by a sapphire. Love the look!

ETA: where does one get a velvet necklace ribbon?I think a choker with this brooch on a black velvet would be nice.

With an enhancer bale your "brooch" would look fabulous on any necklace, and in particular a diamond necklace. If the velvet ribbon doesn't work out a simple white gold wheat or rope chain would look PDG.

To maintain a horizontal EW orientation, and when hanging on a ribbon or chain, I think it would need to be suspended from two points on either side of center. If it were suspended from a single point there's a danger it would hang at an angle to horizontal. Hung N/S those issue go away, but for sure it does look better E/W.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With an enhancer bale your "brooch" would look fabulous on any necklace, and in particular a diamond necklace. If the velvet ribbon doesn't work out a simple white gold wheat or rope chain would look PDG.

To maintain a horizontal EW orientation, and when hanging on a ribbon or chain, I think it would need to be suspended from two points on either side of center. If it were suspended from a single point there's a danger it would hang at an angle to horizontal. Hung N/S those issue go away, but for sure it does look better E/W.

Thank you for your advice, @prs !

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

STUNNING! The diamonds really accent the blue of the sapphire.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING! The diamonds really accent the blue of the sapphire.

Thank you, @Stone Hunter!

I bought two antique pieces. One is this one, and it has been done by Joseph Jewelry in a week or so.

The other one is a long-standing project, because me, I have no time to check on it, and my favorite jeweler has no time to make it! That one is a spinel in antique setting (a lucky fit) and on PP white pearl string.

Maybe I should bring it to JJ too.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TL, gorgeous stones and remember how you once taught us? 3C’s of colored stones. Color, color, color. Your tourmaline is gorgeous. The other ones, too. I don’t see an inclusion.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TL, gorgeous stones and remember how you once taught us? 3C’s of colored stones. Color, color, color. Your tourmaline is gorgeous. The other ones, too. I don’t see an inclusion.

Awww thank you @Arkteia,
You have a collection fit for a queen. Love that new broach and tsavorite pendant.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate your collection @Arkteia because I'm too jealous.:kiss2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Wearing these out to dinner. Ruby and spinel.

IMG_20191209_164306.jpg IMG_20191209_164104.jpg IMG_20191209_164020.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Her ruby is wonderful, but the spinel is redder than the ruby, and I think you got them confused.

I did get them confused. Thanks voce. Both beautiful.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha thanks Voce and Moneymeister!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
@voice I love the index finger look (and I just adore that ring to start with).
@Burmesedaze OMG that emerald! Just glows and glows and glows

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results