shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this! That contrast between rough and fine is so striking. That chrysoberyl is amazing! Thanks for sharing.

I’ve been wanting a cuff to go with my iron, gold and diamond neck collar, and something like this would be great. The artist who made mine only produces sporadically and i always seem to miss her stuff. Very frustrating.

Thank you! I love chrysoberyls. I had mine made by JanishJewels from Etsy. She is a nice lady and a very good jeweler.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both gorgeous!. The spinel... well, a fireball. And how does one get a jade ring on a budget, lol?

Aww thanks Arkteia.

The cab is nowhere near the example of a perfect specimen of Jade but it was huge, a nice colour and at a budget price.

I buy my Jade from a vendor in China. He's actually from Jieyang where all the Jade is sold.

gatacola

Rough_Rock
A bracelet with chrysoberyl- I really like its color. Great stone, chrysoberyl. Jill Anish makes such good bezels.

I love Jill’s designs; I’ve had her make two rings for me. But it had never crossed my mind to have her make a cuff bracelet, maybe because she doesn’t list bracelets in her pre-made jewelry assortment.

Your Chrysoberyl bracelet is lovely and is giving me all sorts of ideas!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol:
that's beautiful
do you still call that a halo ?
i really love it
Hehe I think it passes as a halo. IMO any overhanging bits surrounding a stone is a halo and I'm on a quest to see how many ways I can halo!

I'm tickled you like the apples so much. I find it really hard to draw the line with Jade. They have so many cute shapes. Where do I stop? Corn? Cabbage? Peanuts? Monkies?

ETA: please excuse the weird smilies. They're really not working properly!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol:
Hehe I think it passes as a halo. IMO any overhanging bits surrounding a stone is a halo and I'm on a quest to see how many ways I can halo!

I'm tickled you like the apples so much. I find it really hard to draw the line with Jade. They have so many cute shapes. Where do I stop? Corn? Cabbage? Peanuts? Monkies?

ETA: please excuse the weird smilies. They're really not working properly!
i find it hard to know where to draw the line full stop ! (imangine fall down laughing smilie)
you know cabbage jade earings could be really beaitiful - what really is the difference between a cabbage and a rose ?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Jill’s designs; I’ve had her make two rings for me. But it had never crossed my mind to have her make a cuff bracelet, maybe because she doesn’t list bracelets in her pre-made jewelry assortment.

Your Chrysoberyl bracelet is lovely and is giving me all sorts of ideas!

I have made several custom-made designs with Jill.
She makes the best granulations, she makes great bezels and she does custom-made work. She is very organized. My favorite jeweler who made my ruby ring is hoarding my stones waiting for inspiration. Or likely, he is busy. Jill sticks to her time. To a T. She can make anything. Too bad I am not a bezel person in general. If she switched to prongs, I’d send tons of things for her to make.

ETA: thank you for the compliment. Forgot common courtesy, lol!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
God, I’d spend a lot on jade in Beijing but I knew I should be with the local person.
But as I loved China, I want to go to Shanghai. Is there any jade place close to it?
I know what I want, very transparent grey jade.

voce

Ideal_Rock
@TheGarnetGirl I decided to buy the ring that inspired your ring. It's been on my radar for a while, and I waited as long as I could before pulling the trigger (last hour of sale). I figured I wouldn't get it for a lower price than the anniversary sale. It's gorgeous in person, but unfortunately my camera doesn't capture the true color. It's not purplish at all irl. IMG_20191025_124655351.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha that might have been me :bigsmile: destined to have the shank sawed off and become a pendant, since it’s nowhere near my ring size!
Did you get it yet?????

I saw a 6mm piece of clear Argentinian rhodochrosite at the rock hound shop for $50, so I was happy to get this ring with the same baubles.

Attachments

• 27A55D47-5BD0-4D33-BE52-4737363CE525.jpeg
    27A55D47-5BD0-4D33-BE52-4737363CE525.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 65

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@voce - pink and green!!! Love it!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw a 6mm piece of clear Argentinian rhodochrosite at the rock hound shop for $50, so I was happy to get this ring with the same baubles.
I'm so jealous, and what a great price!

She doesn't know it yet, but a rhodochrosite is on DW's bucket list. =) Hopefully from the Sweet Home mine, but they are as rare as hen's teeth!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so jealous, and what a great price!

She doesn't know it yet, but a rhodochrosite is on DW's bucket list. =) Hopefully from the Sweet Home mine, but they are as rare as hen's teeth!
Those Sweet Home Mine ones are gorgeous. These Argentinian ones are more an orangy pink.

Reactions: prs

voce

Ideal_Rock

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, TGT has some great Rhodos! I’m having mine from Brad set with DK.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@prs have you looked at https://loupetroop.com/listings/necklaces-and-pendants/paraiba-and-rhodochrosite-18k-yg-pendant? Seems a great price and sweet design, but it's likely too big for me and not big enough for your DW :lol-2:. I remember once Desertrose had a loose rhodochrosite with TDF color, but I don't know who bought it.
Thanks for the tip, and it is a great price. However am going to keep our powder dry until a Sweet Home Mine one shows up that doesn't break the bank!

voce

Ideal_Rock

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
This is my arm stack for the day.
There are coloured stones which happen to be diamonds. Guess it can be posted on this thread?
One cuff has a blue green diamond set in gold on white gold cuff
The other cuff has a tiny black diamond with engraving in sterling silver cuff.
972BE90E-0D32-495B-926D-F093E7D3BE1B.jpeg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! I’m still getting used to this new format. Ok...I’ll start a thread....but here is a little history fist. I fell in love with a natural spessartite garnet cube crystal that the gem trader had months ago but it sold. Then I found a natural crystal emerald ring as a fun alternative to my expensive, serious emerald ring. This just really created a bridge in appreciation of natural crystal forms in jewelry. Then, last Summer, I had an amazing vacation in Colorado and saw some fab rhodo specimens in jewelry stores, but all too small, too pale, too over priced etc..etc...Then, Brad had a 40sh carat rhomboid cube rhodo which blew me AWAY!!

Pics here..,

Attachments

• B043F3B1-1D61-4BFC-8EEB-00E112D02139.jpeg
    B043F3B1-1D61-4BFC-8EEB-00E112D02139.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 966312A8-B506-485C-8D87-610F75D94D04.jpeg
    966312A8-B506-485C-8D87-610F75D94D04.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I have the mould...it’s going to be simple...basically high carat gold gold on my gold neck cable like my horse pendant. The crystal will be half open. The bail in the mold here is too short... see picture. Anyway., here are some other rhodos that Brad at TGT has in stock but not listed. After all, the natural Rhomboid and cube forms of rhodochrosites are fascinating, not to mention the stalactite forms. But these remind me of the Borg on Star Trek, except the love Borg lol!

Attachments

• 2E2866B9-D1BA-42F5-9077-D86395F4C743.jpeg
    2E2866B9-D1BA-42F5-9077-D86395F4C743.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 80
  • E8B4E1F4-100B-40C0-A17B-184008A2941D.jpeg
    E8B4E1F4-100B-40C0-A17B-184008A2941D.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 85
  • 7FB36A62-931A-43C9-AF5E-3B29DC92128B.jpeg
    7FB36A62-931A-43C9-AF5E-3B29DC92128B.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And, I ordered this for my husband because he loves rhodochrosite. In general, rhodochrosite is such an amazing stone with Wonderful natural beauty, possessing both strength in color and shape, delicacy in texture. It is very, very luscious, like a bar of soft gold, or soft butter, or cashmere....it’s a unique blend of both visual strength and softness which makes it so fascinating.

Attachments

• 900F5AC1-5B56-4927-B4FA-57C33838EBAA.jpeg
    900F5AC1-5B56-4927-B4FA-57C33838EBAA.jpeg
    359.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ha! I’m still getting used to this new format. Ok...I’ll start a thread....but here is a little history fist. I fell in love with a natural spessartite garnet cube crystal that the gem trader had months ago but it sold. Then I found a natural crystal emerald ring as a fun alternative to my expensive, serious emerald ring. This just really created a bridge in appreciation of natural crystal forms in jewelry. Then, last Summer, I had an amazing vacation in Colorado and saw some fab rhodo specimens in jewelry stores, but all too small, too pale, too over priced etc..etc...Then, Brad had a 40sh carat rhomboid cube rhodo which blew me AWAY!!

Pics here..,
What fantastic color!!!

I know rhodochrosite is so soft the vast majority of specimens are never faceted, let alone set. They are kept by collectors as gemstones simply for their beauty and rarity. I do admire your courage in setting that gorgeous stone as a pendant. If you have the time I would love to know how exactly you and DKJ decided to set it.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@TheGarnetGirl I decided to buy the ring that inspired your ring. It's been on my radar for a while, and I waited as long as I could before pulling the trigger (last hour of sale). I figured I wouldn't get it for a lower price than the anniversary sale. It's gorgeous in person, but unfortunately my camera doesn't capture the true color. It's not purplish at all irl. IMG_20191025_124655351.jpg

I was perplexed that nobody had bought that ring yet as it has such flare and I obviously adore the color combination! So happy to know that we are now ring cousins! (:
Love love love!!

& My lord I truly never tire seeing your crown/tiara ring. All of those gemmy stones set next to eachother and miligrained... delicious!

@Bluegemz I'm so happy that youve finally started the process of setting this stone! I think im personally going to melt when I see it on your neck in all of its soft-glow glory! Yum!!!

@leslie1956 Oh it looks lovely on your wrist! Such a delicate and sweet pop of color. I love your paraiba one as well! These bracelets are so perfect stacked together! I think a longer one for the ankle would be equally stunning.
Love!!!!

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What fantastic color!!!

I know rhodochrosite is so soft the vast majority of specimens are never faceted, let alone set. They are kept by collectors as gemstones simply for their beauty and rarity. I do admire your courage in setting that gorgeous stone as a pendant. If you have the time I would love to know how exactly you and DKJ decided to set it.
Thank you! I will keep you posted on that. The half open setting with soft, high karat gold makes it easier. Once it’s set, as long as I don’t drop it, it should be safe. Aside from aesthetics, the reason why I want to wear it on the gold collar Which I have, is that it is very strong and secure. No risk of it coming undone as chains sometimes do.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was perplexed that nobody had bought that ring yet as it has such flare and I obviously adore the color combination! So happy to know that we are now ring cousins! (:
Love love love!!

& My lord I truly never tire seeing your crown/tiara ring. All of those gemmy stones set next to eachother and miligrained... delicious!

@Bluegemz I'm so happy that youve finally started the process of setting this stone! I think im personally going to melt when I see it on your neck in all of its soft-glow glory! Yum!!!

@leslie1956 Oh it looks lovely on your wrist! Such a delicate and sweet pop of color. I love your paraiba one as well! These bracelets are so perfect stacked together! I think a longer one for the ankle would be equally stunning.
Love!!!!
Thanks, @TheGarnetGirl ! It took me a while to get clear about how I wanted to set it. I’m really excited about it. I’ve been pairing down What I wear, and this will really be a fun addition, especially at work. I am looking for a matched pair of small rhodo rhomboid cubes for earrings now too because I think it really would be amazing to have a set. So if you happen to see any .....

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In the spirit of Halloween wearing my tsav and diamond snake
B598069D-7B1C-47BE-BD5B-ED0EA2EB3485.jpeg
You have the coolest jewelry! Did you do a pic on the "show your rings on one hand" thread?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results