shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aqua has a great cut.

Grandierite seems to be an amazing new stone.

Thanks for the compliment on my aqua.
The grandidierite surprised me with it's flash and deep saturation. They only come small and this one's from the find in Madagascar.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How can anyone post after that? 20180618_132836.jpg
Here's my aqua and my grandidierite in my measly little car.
Seaglow, I know what you are doing. You are making a montage of your rings in every exotic place that you've been. I can't wait to see it!

I love your grandidierite ring and how it is set! The supply of nice, gemmy ones have been getting smaller lately.

Traveling is also my passion apart from gemstones. So I do have travel hacks apart from gemstone hacks. ;-)

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
F94F8456-A6D0-4C2C-A454-13AD5D6C61FE.jpeg F3FF0895-F213-429A-9955-093B862825A0.jpeg Purple to pink color change spinel ring. The stone was purchased from Rick Martin of Artcutgems. The color change is more distinct IRL.

The color change is very distinct. You have a really lovely stone!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Seaglow, I know what you are doing. You are making a montage of your rings in every exotic place that you've been. I can't wait to see it!
Your rings are beautiful! I remember reading that you weren’t quite sure about how your grandiderite ring turned out. Have you fallen in love with it’s supreme gorgeousness yet?

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can't believe how red it is. In a room with my back to the window. 20180618_115422.jpg
It looks like a Jolly Rancher! That is super red. The setting is classic and lovely.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your rings are beautiful! I remember reading that you weren’t quite sure about how your grandiderite ring turned out. Have you fallen in love with it’s supreme gorgeousness yet?

I have unset grandidierites and in gem quality....this specie looks amazing. I have a small, transluscent, carved chameleon that I won on eBay that 8mstill don’t know what to do. Lol. Trying to see if I could get a bigger one (more than half a carat) in a shade I like.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have unset grandidierites and in gem quality....this specie looks amazing. I have a small, transluscent, carved chameleon that I won on eBay that 8mstill don’t know what to do. Lol. Trying to see if I could get a bigger one (more than half a carat) in a shade I like.
What are you going to do with them? The chameleon can be an art object.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What are you going to do with them? The chameleon can be an art object.

I have a small pair for earrings or accent stones. Because mine are rather small (Suzanne’s is quite big for gem grandidierite), I plan one as part of a bracelet that contains rare, small stones....red beryl, pezzotaite, hauyne, jedi spinel, alex, etc. Still collecting..nothing fancy....small stones of .10-.30 carat.

Last edited:

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a small pair for earrings or accent stones. Because mine are rather small (Suzanne’s is quite big for gem grandidierite), I plan one as part of a bracelet that contains rare, small stones....red beryl, pezzotaite, hauyne, jedi spinel, alex, etc. Still collecting..nothing fancy....small stones of .10-.30 carat.
That will be awesome!!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CA423B43-A8B7-4E20-9C74-8A669A6EEDAF.jpeg D6CAFA66-FCA4-46F1-A57F-66620419FE85.jpeg
Thank you!

Here you go. The first pic is with my chrysoberyl earring.

I love it! Would you mind sharing who you had set it? I have a loose sphene I haven’t done anything with because so many jewelers don’t work with outside stones and I’m not sure my local jeweler is up to the task.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

LOL You are too funny! Supreme Gorgeousness is her new name. Yes I have fallen in love with it. Strange as it is. each time I like it a little more.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your grandidierite ring and how it is set! The supply of nice, gemmy ones have been getting smaller lately.
My vendor said that the mine in China was closed due to flooding, but the one in Colorado was due to open again soon. They come and they go...

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My vendor said that the mine in China was closed due to flooding, but the one in Colorado was due to open again soon. They come and they go...

Not sure about that info from vendor because gem quality grandidierite only comes from one source commercially at the moment which is Madagascar....

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not sure about that info from vendor because gem quality grandidierite only comes from one source commercially at the moment which is Madagascar....

[/QUOTE

It's not the vendor, it's me. I was sitting in my kitchen looking at my rhodochrosite, dreaming away, and I replied without thinking. Can't you read my mind? I was talking about rhodochrosite! Sorry about that. LOL

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I had never heard of grandidierite before seeing your ring! You learn new things all the time on PS.

I can't believe how red it is. In a room with my back to the window. 20180618_115422.jpg

This is such a beautiful example of a halo for a pear, it looks completely unique and original. And amazing red!

View attachment 633651 ACD3620D-A217-4D60-BED5-C9F00FCC2C84.jpeg View attachment 633650 So this is an old blue spinel, 2.5 or so ct, bought from Tan.

What a great blue, and good size. Where is Tan these days? I read that he is not at NumberOneGems anymore, so did he just stop selling on eBay?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had never heard of grandidierite before seeing your ring! You learn new things all the time on PS.

This is such a beautiful example of a halo for a pear, it looks completely unique and original. And amazing red!

What a great blue, and good size. Where is Tan these days? I read that he is not at NumberOneGems anymore, so did he just stop selling on eBay?

Thank you!

As to Tan, I lost track of him, totally. I got some emails from Number One Gems and then some about some other store but I think from the same person who owns Number One. (But then, it was at the time when everything was much cheaper, and today the prices are up and up).

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't PS grand? I learned about grandidierite here and eventually bought one.

You know, having looked at yours, I got interested, too. I thought about a brooch, maybe, but hard to find the color and clarity of yours, I presume.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You know, having looked at yours, I got interested, too. I thought about a brooch, maybe, but hard to find the color and clarity of yours, I presume.
I got mine by emailing Brad at TGT and asking if he had anything. He sent me a couple of stones that weren't on his site yet. Maybe you could try that and see what happens. He's super nice.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have on a yellow and blue dress today to go with my golden SSP studs and yellow chryso ring.

20180622_120447.jpg 20180622_120343.jpg
You are looking so elegant today. I love the combination with your outfit especially.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are looking so elegant today. I love the combination with your outfit especially.

Thank you. With a busy print and somewhat loud colour combination on the dress, I thought simple accessories went along best :)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results