shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really admire the intricate rings here on PS but can't quite to them for my everyday rings. I need durable stones and practical settings because of an adventurous lifestyle. Today the spinels went whitewater rafting in Bali. I am also wearing the amazonite bracelet. The color doesn't match but sometimes I'm lazy to change rings. :)

image.jpeg image.jpeg
Oh how fabulous and fun! What an adventure....,just love That you are combining beautiful gems and jewelry with real, hands on adventurous activities. The spinels just glow, as does the Amazonite. The colors are so intensely vivid!

Last edited:

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What I am wearing today. A Zuni necklace. I love it because I have not seen any Zuni work like it. It is neat to see what young Zuni silversmiths are coming up with. The chain is interlocking jump rings. It has a set of matching earrings. I love the particular marking in the stones because they bring out my freckles! I am thinking about having them turned into leaver backs.
IMG_20170810_091047.jpg IMG_20170810_091056.jpg

Here is a Zuni bracelet made by my Dad's friend. My favorite part is the detail on the clasp.
IMG_20170810_091115.jpg IMG_20170810_091132.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I really admire the intricate rings here on PS but can't quite to them for my everyday rings. I need durable stones and practical settings because of an adventurous lifestyle. Today the spinels went whitewater rafting in Bali. I am also wearing the amazonite bracelet. The color doesn't match but sometimes I'm lazy to change rings. :)

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Glamming it outdoors :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glamming it outdoors :)
Lol, glamming it outdoors is the best! That is a great phrase, Burmesedaze!
Anyone else share this sentiment? What are your thoughts/experiences?

A few thoughts on the subject of wearing jewelry outdoors.... I Personally will not take off jewelry when I go in nature. In fact, my urge is to wear more because those are the moments when one has the time and mental focus to be able to contemplate the beauty of the pieces. It's just amazing that these gems came from the earth. For example, wearing turquoise on a hot hike, I think of the Native American people, and how special to find anything that blue in an arid land colored by browns and greys of rocky earth . And how, as an example, the men took turquoise hunting trips, which sometimes lasted weeks. The color itself is spiritual for them. Wearing a ruby or sapphire, I imagine the tons of dirt that had to be moved to find it...it makes me fully appreciate what gifts they are!

Stylistically, it's also so modern to combine fineness with everyday....
I have friends that take off their rings for daily chores and activities like errands and shopping....I always wonder when they actually wear their pieces. I so enjoy seeing women wearing their jewelry, regardless of what they are doing. ( with exception to activities like gardening and perhaps rock climbing lol!)

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I am wearing today. A Zuni necklace. I love it because I have not seen any Zuni work like it. It is neat to see what young Zuni silversmiths are coming up with. The chain is interlocking jump rings. It has a set of matching earrings. I love the particular marking in the stones because they bring out my freckles! I am thinking about having them turned into leaver backs.

Here is a Zuni bracelet made by my Dad's friend. My favorite part is the detail on the clasp.

Vesper, those are very wonderful pieces! It is so interesting to see what young Zuni silversmiths are doing! Really love the modernity if the necklace. It seems like a stylized squash blossom. The areas of interlocking rings make it very special.
I'm all for converting the earrings because they will probably be more comfortable.

The bracelet is gorgeous, especially the turquoise in the toggle detail. Do you know what kind of turquoise it is and where it comes from by chance? Just a guess... It looks like it's Nevada turquoise based on the distinctive green color. I bought some hand made earrings from a Zuni artist with this green turquoise in it. She told me that this kind of green is mostly from Nevada.....but there is also King's Manassa green turquoise from Colorado.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seeing all of this turquoise has inspired me to wear this old Zuni cuff, and this ring today. The ring was a gift from my husband, purchased from the artist last Summer. The cuff was a gift from the year before. Pairing this with a white, embroidered skirt.
IMG_4180.JPG

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Seeing Bluegemz boa jade ring inspired me to pull out my antique snake sapphire/ruby ring today. I adore the sentiment that went with snake rings in the Victorian era... They represented eternal love, wholeness, and unending perfection. Sigh... So much more meaning in some of the symbols in from different eras. Also shown, my favorite stack which I think I've already posted.
IMG_20170810_154023343_HDR.jpg

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
I have friends that take off their rings for daily chores and activities like errands and shopping....I always wonder when they actually wear their pieces. I so enjoy seeing women wearing their jewelry, regardless of what they are doing. ( with exception to activities like gardening and perhaps rock climbing lol!)

I love wearing my jewelry daily... No matter what I'm doing. Frankly, with 6 kids and my own business there are plenty of times my errands and grocery store runs are done in a baseball cap and work out clothes (that's as close as I get to working out, lol). Wearing my sparkles makes me feel way more put together than I actually am. It also makes me feel like I look like I intentionally "dressed down" even if all I did was throw on whatever was nearby. Then again, layering on the diamonds while working out is de rigueur in my neck of the woods. I don't leave the house without some sparkle... I'd feel naked!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
What I am wearing today. A Zuni necklace. ...The chain is interlocking jump rings. It has a set of matching earrings. I love the particular marking in the stones because they bring out my freckles!

Your necklace is to die for! I adore the turquoise and love the chain mail work Vesper :love: It's such a fresh take on Native American silversmithing.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keeliamira, I love your snake ring! I'm with you on loving the symbolism of the Victorian era jewelry and in snakes! Yours looks great with your other stack, which I love. That's the sapphire that winks!

And, love love love that you wear jewelry in most settings. I too feel naked without it.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

That is a lovely set Vesper!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Seeing all of this turquoise has inspired me to wear this old Zuni cuff, and this ring today. The ring was a gift from my husband, purchased from the artist last Summer. The cuff was a gift from the year before. Pairing this with a white, embroidered skirt.
IMG_4180.JPG
That is such a cool set! Is that a sapphire or spinel ring, or something else entirely? It's so pretty!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Seeing Bluegemz boa jade ring inspired me to pull out my antique snake sapphire/ruby ring today. I adore the sentiment that went with snake rings in the Victorian era... They represented eternal love, wholeness, and unending perfection. Sigh... So much more meaning in some of the symbols in from different eras. Also shown, my favorite stack which I think I've already posted.
IMG_20170810_154023343_HDR.jpg
That is such a unique ring! Very cool!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a cool set! Is that a sapphire or spinel ring, or something else entirely? It's so pretty!
Thank you! It's a medium toned, unheated Ceylon sapphire. Before receiving it, I had always wanted a sapphire in the mid tone color range. Basically, my first ering was a yellow diamond, but this was a fourth anniversary upgrade. it looks a bit lighter in the picture than it does in life for some reason. I get a lot of questions about wether it's a tanzanite because it's got a touch of violet in it.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lol, glamming it outdoors is the best! That is a great phrase, Burmesedaze!
Anyone else share this sentiment? What are your thoughts/experiences?

A few thoughts on the subject of wearing jewelry outdoors.... I Personally will not take off jewelry when I go in nature. In fact, my urge is to wear more because those are the moments when one has the time and mental focus to be able to contemplate the beauty of the pieces. It's just amazing that these gems came from the earth. For example, wearing turquoise on a hot hike, I think of the Native American people, and how special to find anything that blue in an arid land colored by browns and greys of rocky earth . And how, as an example, the men took turquoise hunting trips, which sometimes lasted weeks. The color itself is spiritual for them. Wearing a ruby or sapphire, I imagine the tons of dirt that had to be moved to find it...it makes me fully appreciate what gifts they are!

I think there's fewer of us who wear jewelry with everything except gardening or the things you mentioned. But like you and keeliamira, I feel naked without my rings and earrings. Lol. But I like to look at my rings. I like to look at the colors.

Turquoise on a hike is like paying tribute to nature!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Keeliamira, I love your snake ring! ..
That's the sapphire that winks!

And, love love love that you wear jewelry in most settings. I too feel naked without it.

Yes! Too funny you remembered my winking not-quite-a-star-sapphire :lol:
Your turquoise cuff is ah-mazing! And what a beautiful ceylon sapphire ring! You kill me with your blues!!!

That is such a unique ring! Very cool!

Thanks hon! It's really fun to wear but it only fits me when I'm fat, lol. So it's both a joy to get to wear it and a challenge to get it to not fit anymore! It has scales engraved all the way around so I don't want to destroy the integrity of the original design by sizing it.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
I'm wearing my dbty Tiffany necklace and my wedding band. Don't take my wedding band off at all really - only when I put hand cream on.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0880.JPG
This is what I wore today - Tiffany Dbty and my wedding band. I also have my Tiffany studs on - too hard to take off as they are screw backs.
Really lovely DBTY necklace, Monnyjay. I can imagine that the studs look so lovely with the necklace! Thanks for sharing them. :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing my new ring today! It's an amethyst in a rose gold setting on a jadeite ring :) 20170811_160300.jpg 20170811_160318.jpg
Oh I love this ring! It's so romantic and modern all at once. I love the silver flower on the side! What a great design. The jade part is beautiful , and the shade of green compliments the shade of lavender perfectly. Just gorgeously feminine!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This past week, I visited Lang's antiques in San Francisco, which is like a museum of fine jewels throughout the ages. Anyone in the area who loves jewelry absolutely should visit this store!! They had all kinds of unbelievable treasures...many star sapphire rings, multitudes of diamond art deco bracelets, sumptuous emeralds, sapphires rubies, Russian gems from the bell epoque time period...fabulous Demantoid and crysoberyl pieces, rare coral pieces from the grand tours of Italy, through the 1980's, Art Deco jadeite masterpieces and on and on. So, I knew it would be dangerous for me to go there, since even if one is satisfied with one's jewelry collection, the sheer magnitude of collection and level of sophistication is sure to ignite that jewelry fire inside.
While there, I was particularly moved by a coral necklace with large beads, that looked so elegant, a crysoberyl ring, and SO many other things. Here are a few pics of just some things which I loved...,

IMG_4224.jpg
IMG_4225.jpg
IMG_4226.jpg
IMG_4227.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4082.jpg Anyway, while visiting lang's I saw this jadeite pendant necklace and fell in love with it because it ties many things which I have together, is very wearable everyday and so on. After much consideration, (because I had it in my mind that I wasn't going to buy any thing else for a while) I have decided to purchase this pendant upon return home in a week or so. Im very excited about this pendant. Though I typically wear more yellow gold, I have slowly been adding in a few platinum pieces here and there. I really like the coolness of the metal with the lavender. I feel that this will go well with my antique star sapphire ring, which is also in platinum with baguette diamonds.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
IMG_4082.jpg Anyway, while visiting lang's I saw this jadeite pendant necklace and fell in love with it because it ties many things which I have together, is very wearable everyday and so on. After much consideration, (because I had it in my mind that I wasn't going to buy any thing else for a while) I have decided to purchase this pendant upon return home in a week or so. Im very excited about this pendant. Though I typically wear more yellow gold, I have slowly been adding in a few platinum pieces here and there. I really like the coolness of the metal with the lavender. I feel that this will go well with my antique star sapphire ring, which is also in platinum with baguette diamonds.
I prefer this pendant to the other jadeite carving. Good choice! Tres elegant.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wearing my new ring today! It's an amethyst in a rose gold setting on a jadeite ring :) 20170811_160300.jpg 20170811_160318.jpg

Lovely juxtapose of gemstone, metal and jadeite.
Similar to the designs by Choo Yilin and I imagine, other designers that give their own take and play with the non conventional for modern jewellery.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz You could write the dictionary of violet stones ... [dream]

This one stands apart from all else - such a happy colour !

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Similar to the designs by Choo Yilin and I imagine, other designers

Perhaps worth a laugh: somebody mentioned a green stone bangle with attached charm(s) recently - so it is the first & only design reference that came to mind WWW ...

... goes to show what nothing I know of jade.

The colors of the ring just work, of course ! @corgisage

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Perhaps worth a laugh: somebody mentioned a green stone bangle with attached charm(s) recently - so it is the first & only design reference that came to mind WWW ...

... goes to show what nothing I know of jade.

The colors of the ring just work, of course !

Like-minded designers just separated by centuries and millennia :razz:

Or beauty in jewellery transcends time, ages, cultures and technology.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Valeria, thank you. I'm pleased that you think well of the color. It's always a hard choice with so many variations in blues and lavenders. The other one which was tempting for me was the really dark blue purple jade cabochon. But it would have been work to have it set...and by comparison, the other is so complete. This Dark one here...it may have been a challenge to make an elegant pendant out of the shape of it.

IMG_3832.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results