shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice to know about caratsgems, as your ring looks lovely lilmosun. DK, isn't that the ebay vendor from whom you bought some inexpensive stones with mixed results?

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks ricezo and minous...the picture was horrible but it looked great in the video so took a chance with a best offer. I did google pricescope with the vendor's name at the time and only came up with a post from years ago (someone questioned the stone based on the picture but ended up being very happy when the vendor agreed to have the stone certified by an agreed upon lab). Was pleasantly surprised but no idea if that was an exception or the norm.

BaileyC

Rough_Rock
OTL, the color of your sapphire is phenomenal!!!!! LOVE the ring! :love:

Chrono, the vibrant red in your “Safety Box” ring is simply stunning. Your boys done good picking for you!!! :clap:

Acinom, your dipped in diamond sugar ring has beautiful color and I love the setting. It has an antique vibe to it, which I adore so much. :love:

lilmosun, what a fabulous chrysoberyl ring, and on a budget too! The color of the stone is a great contrast to the yellow gold..it kind of gives it an ethereal look. :love:

LisaRN, I don’t think I’ve ever seen an Andalusite stone before, and it’s uniqueness and variation in color is right up my alley! I’m really diggin’ Andy! :bigsmile:

Today I’m wearing a new moonstone ring that I couldn’t resist buying at a bargain price, despite my self imposed ban. It’s a vintage ring set in white gold, which sounds a lot like most of what I own, but this stone has a great blue sheen, great transparency, and is a great size at around 10cts. So much for expanding my horizons, but hey…I didn’t have an oval one in a north/south orientation, so I just had to buy it…right? Right?!?!? :naughty:
vintage_moonstone.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning rings ladies! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking good today ladies!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful additions to this thread! Mochiko42 your nail color compliments your beautiful rings.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love seeing handshots! Your hands look fun and happy Mochiko! Thanks for posting that pic!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ILG: beautiful rings and lovely hands! Good combination.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB|1437686799|3906686 said:

Such color NKOTB!!! Love the setting too. :appl:

Ilovegemstones- such beautiful rings!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Minou and Lisa!
Love that ring Nkotb! So bright and happy!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
ilovegemstones|1437667632|3906515 said:
Here are my hands today!

Beautiful rings ilovegemstones! I especially love your ring in the second photo, what type of stone is it?

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kgizo, Bailey and userangl - inspiration on moonstones and colored diamonds
Mochiko - I love the cab stack rings - the colors are so playful and fun.
ilovegemstones - always great rings and
NKOTB - another example of why you are queen of pink

I usually change my rings every day but this one got worn two days in a row (unheated no-an-asscher :shhh: aqua)

20150721_174820.jpg

and DianeM - you will notice I had to cut my nails down...I took a metal jewelry bootcamp class and filed a few accidentally :wall:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DianeM - got this from athenaworth, who had the stone set in LA. I forget the name of the place, it's likely in an old thread of hers somewhere. She got a few of her stones set there.

Lilmosun - I'll take that nickname, thanks! :lol:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Diane - your comments are always so kind.

I wear a size 8 so Yvonne's tendency towards dainty settings (and rose gold which doesn't look great on me) saves me a LOT of money . But she is so great to work with that I keep going back.

I probably bought about 10 settings over the course of a few visits (late Dec 2014-Jan 2015). At 18K, $150-$300 each with free sizing it was hard to resist. Kind of crazy buying settings I didn't have plans for (was visiting my parents so didn't have any stones with me :wall: ). Fortunately, I've been finding uses for them. When I have the urge for a new ring, I will sometimes just play with unset stones and settings until I come up with something. Of course, now gold prices are dropping so who knows if it was a good idea to buy all of these.

Another setting in the same lot was this pendant with diamonds which I set with 3mm Burmese spinels from Yvonne:

spinel_pendant_1.jpg

(To keep the thread on track, I'll wear it in the morning :angel: )

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
NKOTB|1437790549|3907169 said:
DianeM - got this from athenaworth, who had the stone set in LA. I forget the name of the place, it's likely in an old thread of hers somewhere. She got a few of her stones set there.

Lilmosun - I'll take that nickname, thanks! :lol:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-jewelry-by-nicole-setting-collection.170958/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-jewelry-by-nicole-setting-collection.170958/[/URL]
:bigsmile:

Gorgeous rings everyone!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pieces everyone!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since working in an office environment and not in manufacturing facilities, I have been wearing more/better jewellery to work, and wore my large diamond ruby halo last week.

It is a heavy ring, made of platinum, and the shank is about 9-10mm wide! Not the most flattering picture, taken using my phone in the hired car.

largerubyheart.jpg

DK :))

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today's CS.

20150811.jpg 20150811_095030.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochiko that ring is gorgeous! Love the color....Sapphire? Or tanzanite because I see a hint of violet? It looks fantastic on you!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1439259763|3913179 said:
Mochiko that ring is gorgeous! Love the color....Sapphire? Or tanzanite because I see a hint of violet? It looks fantastic on you!

Hi lovedogs, you guessed right. It's an unheated tanzanite. It usually looks a steely blue or violet depending on the light source but sometimes when viewed from side (C axis?) you can see a teal-green color. :)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The past couple of days I've been in a BLUE mood. These are some of my very first colored stone purchases, WAY before PS. Being an uneducated stone purchaser I bought them at a reputable local jewelry store. They are Blue Topaz set in Yellow Gold.

All photos are taken inside
blue_topaz_ring_1994.jpg

blue_topaz_earrings.jpg

blue_topaz_set_1994.jpg

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Stone Hunter|1439409698|3913812 said:
The past couple of days I've been in a BLUE mood. These are some of my very first colored stone purchases, WAY before PS. Being an uneducated stone purchaser I bought them at a reputable local jewelry store. They are Blue Topaz set in Yellow Gold.

All photos are taken inside
blue_topaz_ring_1994.jpg

blue_topaz_earrings.jpg

blue_topaz_set_1994.jpg

I really like the east-west orientation of the topaz. I also love the adorable little lamb face I see in the last pic! :lol:

D5grvty

Rough_Rock
NKOTB: your setting is stunning, may I ask who is the designer?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results